You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Biden

Dougie Do'ins

15 minutes ago, bossy said:

Bowes  is yet another of your Putin apologists. We can agree that Biden is not what is needed but tell me why Harris is terrifying and Trump isn’t?

Dear me  He's all over the news for the above press conference. It was on the BBC earlier as well. Talk about burying your head in the sand. 

As for your juvenile little 'one of your Putin apologist' quote. I'll leave it there as you're embarrassing in a similar way to that American numbskull who thought the fella from Singapore was a Chinese agent.  And where did I mention Donald fucking Trump? 

I also didn't say Harris was terrifying. Another thing you made up  Although I do think she's fucking stupid but just because I think one persons not fit to be President doesn't automatically mean I believe someone else is; in spite of what your own mind tells you. 

Anyway have a goid night. 

The real issue is how social media and both sides being terrified to lose (plus a terrible primary system) has led to an election between two of the least-qualified presidential candidates in history.

I saw a poll where Nikki Haley was leading Biden in a hypothetical matchup by 12 points, and one would suspect that even someone as unpopular as Kamala Harris would beat Trump by 7-8. It's almost mindblowing how we've managed to get a repeat of the Biden/Trump matchup, given that reality.

1 minute ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

The real issue is how social media and both sides being terrified to lose (plus a terrible primary system) has led to an election between two of the least-qualified presidential candidates in history.

I saw a poll where Nikki Haley was leading Biden in a hypothetical matchup by 12 points, and one would suspect that even someone as unpopular as Kamala Harris would beat Trump by 7-8. It's almost mindblowing how we've managed to get a repeat of the Biden/Trump matchup, given that reality.

I agree. The undercard is worse than the washed up fighters who are once again going to be top of the bill. 

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Dear me  He's all over the news for the above press conference. It was on the BBC earlier as well. Talk about burying your head in the sand. 

As for your juvenile little 'one of your Putin apologist' quote. I'll leave it there as you're embarrassing in a similar way to that American numbskull who thought the fella from Singapore was a Chinese agent. 

I also didn't say Harris was terrifying. Another thing you made up  Although I do think she's fucking stupid but just because I think one persons not fit to be President doesn't automatically mean I believe someone else is; in spite of what your own mind tells you. 

Anyway have a goid night. 

Biden is fucking awful, I said as much in my post albeit without the swearing. You’re the one sharing opinions (ad nauseam) from Twitter,  this one calling Harris terrifying. You could have shared many where Biden is being an old prick but you chose Bowes. I’ll judge you on the twitter company you keep, you middle class Putin, Trump and in your Spiked Brexit opinions, Farage apologist. I’m now going to do what you often do on the EU thread when you’ve had your arse handed to you, refuse to engage, because you are exhausting in your wilful ignorance. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bossy said:

Biden is fucking awful, I said as much in my post albeit without the swearing. You’re the one sharing opinions (ad nauseam) from Twitter,  this one calling Harris terrifying. You could have shared many where Biden is being an old prick but you chose Bowes. I’ll judge you on the twitter company you keep, you middle class Putin, Trump and in your Spiked Brexit opinions, Farage apologist. I’m now going to do what you often do on the EU thread when you’ve had your arse handed to you, refuse to engage, because you are exhausting in your wilful ignorance. 

And another load of made up shit  You on Angel dust or something? I made a mild joke about Kamala Harris, that's all. Try to get over it. 

And yet the US economy is strong, with low unemployment, ongoing strong job and small business creation numbers, stock market near record highs, and inflation lowered without a recession.

They've also passed some significant "green" legislation and shown support for unions.

I recall describing Biden as looking like "an old man in a fist fight" in 2019/20; now he looks like an old man after a fist fight.

But his administration is doing, and has done, a pretty good job governing. 

Which is what they were elected to do.

6 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

And yet the US economy is strong, with low unemployment, ongoing strong job and small business creation numbers, stock market near record highs, and inflation lowered without a recession.

They've also passed some significant "green" legislation and shown support for unions.

I recall describing Biden as looking like "an old man in a fist fight" in 2019/20; now he looks like an old man after a fist fight.

But his administration is doing, and has done, a pretty good job governing. 

Which is what they were elected to do.

He's doing very well domestically but I think the Israel/Gaza/Middle East has damaged him. Its thrust him out front more than he'd like and he looks weak in dealing with Netanyahu and the Israelis. 

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Wait til you see Trump with Netanyahu and the Israelis.

Not sure it can be pulled back. Biden has burned his own image as the good guy. He's being called Genocide Joe and them pics of dead kids are on his doorstep. Happened on his watch. I think his foreign policy has damaged him beyond repair.and its not going away anytime soon by the looks of things. 

7 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Very few people in the US are talking about Israel and Gaza. At least almost no news coverage , left or right.

He's all over the British news tonight. That press conference where he got mixed up with Mexico, Egypt, Gaza. He walked back to the podium. 3 American soldiers got killed in the middle east last week. Its damaging him. Its got to be. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/half-biden-voters-israel-genocide-palestinians-gaza-poll-2024-1

39 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Not sure it can be pulled back. Biden has burned his own image as the good guy. He's being called Genocide Joe and them pics of dead kids are on his doorstep. Happened on his watch. I think his foreign policy has damaged him beyond repair.and its not going away anytime soon by the looks of things. 

I know - read my post.

He is toast but for none of the reasons you mentioned here - it will be last nights shitshow, ridiculous handling by those around him..

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I know - read my post.

He is toast but for none of the reasons you mentioned here - it will be last nights shitshow, ridiculous handling by those around him..

This is spot on.

If you live here in the US, you realise pretty quickly that no one cares about foreign policy. Well, a few people in DC and New York care, but the vast majority of Americans have a few foreign policy talking points they can regurgitate and other than that, care very little.

Biden is unpopular because he's super old and most people think he is going senile. Has nothing to do with Gaza.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

This is spot on.

If you live here in the US, you realise pretty quickly that no one cares about foreign policy. Well, a few people in DC and New York care, but the vast majority of Americans have a few foreign policy talking points they can regurgitate and other than that, care very little.

Biden is unpopular because he's super old and most people think he is going senile. Has nothing to do with Gaza.

His polls have gone down since the Hamas attacks. He's even behind on under 30s vote, which is unprecedented for a Democrat. If those people who have got themselves out to march for a ceasefire refuse to get themselves out out to vote, Biden could be in trouble. I'd wager the majority protesting over Gaza are Democrats. In a tight race they çould easily be the difference.