You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Diogo Jota

1892-LFCWasBorn

9 hours ago, John102 said:

Amazed by some of the comments on him being borderline snide.

He is full on snide for me. Our snide, so we can look past it, but he is a proper snide, no two ways about it.

He doesn’t dive and he doesn’t go in to a challenges trying to hurt other players. Compare him to those Atletico twats, night and day. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, aRdja said:

He doesn’t dive and he doesn’t go in to a challenges trying to hurt other players. Compare him to those Atletico twats, night and day. 

Wasn't he at Atletico for a bit himself? Clearly learned a few dark arts during that little apprenticeship.

6 hours ago, George Costanza said:

What a signing he has been.  Is it true we've only paid something like £15m for him so far as the overall fee is spread out over his contract. He's easily doubled his value since he arrived not that we should be remotely looking at cashing in on him.

You know, I never thought about it until now but when you mention it we could probably flip him for enough cash to balance the books and let us buy a younger version of him with more potential. I agree he's been a great signing, he's only 25 so maybe he has another level to push on to but we've also got more out of him than anyone really thought we would. I could see a situation were we sell Jota to buy someone younger that is already better on paper.

• Downvote 4

On 22/12/2021 at 23:25, TheHowieLama said:

Wolves fans thought they mugged us for somebody who couldn't get into their first 11.

They currently have scored 13 golas in 18 games.

You hate to see it.

He was always their stand out player, I was delighted that he was coming here. What a signing he's been brilliant. Top lad and as dave says there is a bit of fowler in him. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Saintslfc13 said:

You know, I never thought about it until now but when you mention it we could probably flip him for enough cash to balance the books and let us buy a younger version of him with more potential. I agree he's been a great signing, he's only 25 so maybe he has another level to push on to but we've also got more out of him than anyone really thought we would. I could see a situation were we sell Jota to buy someone younger that is already better on paper.

Are you suggestions we should sell Jota?

Are you fuckin mad?

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

It's not.

The FSG move is to keep him locked in at the salary agreed 18 months ago for the next 3 and a half years.

Again, that’s not their MO either. They regularly upgrade salaries for their younger players they consider have upside - well before the end of their current deals. 

it’s only once they approach their last big contract that hesitancy arrives.

3 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Again, that’s not their MO either. They regularly upgrade salaries for their younger players they consider have upside - well before the end of their current deals. 

it’s only once they approach their last big contract that hesitancy arrives.

Jota will be 29 when this contract is up.

• 4 weeks later...