You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

28 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

NHS sticking in an order for £3 billion worth of Blood Clot meds. 

https://www.contractsfinder.service.gov.uk/notice/bbec3a9a-168a-46c5-a71d-990c2a8a8212?origin=SearchResults&p=1

I'm struggling to understand why you dropped this in here, this is a covid thread. 

- This is a multi-year contract for a common drug-type.  

- Anticoagulants are used for stroke, heart and other uses. There are a range of drugs classified as aniticoagulents. 

Drugs prescribed to high-risk stroke patients are costing the NHS hundreds of millions each year – but they are so effective, the service is actually saving money. 

Analysis of stroke data showed that the cost to NHS England of prescribing direct oral anticoagulants (DOACs) increased by £733m from 2011 to 2017, but resulted in a substantial 11% reduction in stroke cases.  

This reduction in the number of strokes, and the related expenses, means the cost of treating a patient in the first year after a stroke has dropped by 25%.

https://www.leeds.ac.uk/news/article/4700/effective_stroke_drugs_are_saving_the_nhs_millions

https://research-portal.uea.ac.uk/en/publications/clinical-and-budget-impacts-of-changes-in-oral-anticoagulation-pr

• Upvote 2

The local pub had to shut down due to too many staff being pinged. 

They contested it, saying they had been wrongly pinged, and they also got PCR tests that came back negative. 

Today, NHS confirmed they had been wrongly pinged, and pub back open.  

And this is why I don't do the NHS app. 

17 minutes ago, Poster said:

I'm struggling to understand why you dropped this in here, this is a covid thread. 

- This is a multi-year contract for a common drug-type.  

- Anticoagulants are used for stroke, heart and other uses. There are a range of drugs classified as aniticoagulents. 

Drugs prescribed to high-risk stroke patients are costing the NHS hundreds of millions each year – but they are so effective, the service is actually saving money. 

Analysis of stroke data showed that the cost to NHS England of prescribing direct oral anticoagulants (DOACs) increased by £733m from 2011 to 2017, but resulted in a substantial 11% reduction in stroke cases.  

This reduction in the number of strokes, and the related expenses, means the cost of treating a patient in the first year after a stroke has dropped by 25%.

https://www.leeds.ac.uk/news/article/4700/effective_stroke_drugs_are_saving_the_nhs_millions

https://research-portal.uea.ac.uk/en/publications/clinical-and-budget-impacts-of-changes-in-oral-anticoagulation-pr

Because they are clearly thinking there a huge avalanche of cases coming over the next few months? A shit loads by the looks of it given that figure. Blood clots are a symptom of Covid19. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Because they are clearly thinking there a huge avalanche of cases coming over the next few months? A shit loads by the looks of it given that figure. Blood clots are a symptom of Covid19. 

No they don't, as I've pointed out. This is just conspiracy bollocks without anything to back it up. Shame on you. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

NHS sticking in an order for £3 billion worth of Blood Clot meds. 

https://www.contractsfinder.service.gov.uk/notice/bbec3a9a-168a-46c5-a71d-990c2a8a8212?origin=SearchResults&p=1

What do you think it means? 

is it out of cycle?

is it an above average amount?

is it a below average amount? 

If they are trying to kill us, then why are they ordering any at all?  

Fucking hell. 

Just now, Poster said:

No they don't, as I've pointed out. This is just conspiracy bollocks without anything to back it up. Shame on you. 

3 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

JEEP

2 minutes ago, Poster said:

How the fuck is it conspiracy? It's a fact that they're planning to fund £3 fucking billion on anticoagulant meds. They don't do this without forecast and its not equivalent to any other previous spend on them. Now if they're somehow streamlining their purchases to cover all angles, for all areas, then cool. But it didn't state that.  If their forecasts are indeed for Covid case increases in Winter then they're expecting an avalanche of cases it seems, given the figure. Nothing conspiratorial about that and if you think there is then it says more about you than me. 

So over here on the isle of man , we've gone from being the envy of all good covid fearing folk to a fucking  laughing stock

Open the borders and look what you cunts do in return ,  2300 new cases from a population of 80k. Pfft. 

50 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

The local pub had to shut down due to too many staff being pinged. 

They contested it, saying they had been wrongly pinged, and they also got PCR tests that came back negative. 

Today, NHS confirmed they had been wrongly pinged, and pub back open.  

And this is why I don't do the NHS app. 

I'm surprised anyone is still using the app. It's a fucking disaster. 

27 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

How the fuck is it conspiracy? It's a fact that they're planning to fund £3 fucking billion on anticoagulant meds. They don't do this without forecast and its not equivalent to any other previous spend on them. Now if they're somehow streamlining their purchases to cover all angles, for all areas, then cool. But it didn't state that.  If their forecasts are indeed for Covid case increases in Winter then they're expecting an avalanche of cases it seems, given the figure. Nothing conspiratorial about that and if you think there is then it says more about you than me. 

So you can point to previous RFPs then? And how they’re different? And how this grand conspiracy is being played out, well, in plain sight. 

And to be clear are these anticoagulants to save us from the vaccine that’s designed to kill us? And as 30odd million of us have had the vaccine will we need them now? Next week? Better hurry up. 

The vaxxed are going to hunt down the un-vaxxed nonbelievers in a purge. Masked vs non-masked in a crazed war of righteous hatred. First fought on social media and then spilling out onto the streets, the virus wasn't what killed us - it was 99.9% survivable to most. The real enemy was each other. 

At a cinema near you from Friday (special showing at 11.45 for non-vaccinated).

Starring Spike Protein, Phais Mask, Peecy Arrtest.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Iceman said:

The vaxxed are going to hunt down the un-vaxxed nonbelievers in a purge. Masked vs non-masked in a crazed war of righteous hatred. First fought on social media and then spilling out onto the streets, the virus wasn't what killed us - it was 99.9% survivable to most. The real enemy was each other. 

Non-vaxers are all pro-beaners. They deserve to be hunted down.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

I think it needs a Dogcatcher* type scenario 

*assuming every cunt on here has read Alexei Sayle’s back catalogue 

I thought you put dog fucker for a minute there. 

*assuming every cunt on here knows the in-joke

**joke being the operative word before you call the FBI 

24 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I’m not entirely sure the non-vaxxed  would be able to work the guns. It’d only take a Twitter account with loads of numbers, who joined in Nov 2919 to tell them that the barrel points towards the eye and they’d be fucked. 

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m not entirely sure the non-vaxxed  would be able to work the guns. It’d only take a Twitter account with loads of numbers, who joined in Nov 2919 to tell them that the barrel points towards the eye and they’d be fucked. 

No guns needed Rico1304, the non-vaxxed get to the 5g tower, turn it on and fry the vaxxed army with the graphene crystals fizzing in our craniums. It writes itself. 

• Upvote 1