You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

So I'm just waiting on the paperwork for my discharge and thinking about the things I've seen and endured over the past few weeks.

Firstly, loss and specifically the death of my mother. It's very easy to say you'd swap places with a terminal loved one but I actually did that. I spent over 14 hours with my mam at the very end of her life, knowing full well that I was over 95% to catch covid myself.
I knew that, I embraced that and I did it.
Nobody should ever be left to die alone, certainly not your mother, but when push came to shove I was there.

As for my own subsequent fight with the covid, well that will go on for some months yet.

The really peculiar thing though was just how close to death I was (nurses told me I was probably within 60 seconds of dying), but just how inconsequential it truly felt and still feels.

I know now that I'm not afraid of death, and it's also true about just how seemless the transition from life into death is, simple, painless, frighteningly easy.

They say that death is just a door that opens and you step through it like walking into a different room. I 100% identify with this now, it's the strangest feeling.

And finally I guess, just be excellent to each other, be tolerant and kind and thoughtful.
Love conquers all if you give it the chance.

Look after each other everybody and thanks again for all your incredible support.

Carvalho out

*quietly withdraws dibs from CD's account....*

10 minutes ago, A Red said:

I can still go to the pub and drink up to 11pm without having to have something to eat and, frankly, that's all that matters

Most places can.

Well, that i have been anyway.

I have been given empty boxes and empty plates with my drinks to suggest i have eaten something.

Thats been in Liverpool and London. (I did actually eat something anyway)

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

"The medical team that cared for Kate Garroway's husband are releasing a cover of 'every breath you take' for Christmas."

Christ, kill me now.

One thing I won't miss when the pandemic is over is all this bollocks. Amanda Holden singing angels or captain tom singing get around get around I get around.

Wouldn't mind but half the people who'll buy it or share it on YouTube would think nothing of lamping a paramedic for going to the head of the queue at Aldi.

I miss the days where the average person could have their 5 minutes of fame and then slip back in to a normal life without being seen again. Now it seems like everybody that ever does anything is obligated in to releasing a charity single. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I will, I do. The 1st thing I'm gonna do when I get home is have 2 hours uninterrupted kip in my king sized bed.

I'm 6 foot 4 and for the past fortnight I've been trusses up like a fucking turkey in a 5 foot bed.

My hips are screaming, I'm like Shakira with arthritis.

Won’t somebody think about George?

Brilliant post CD. You write so well. So glad you’re home and enjoy that first night in your own bed

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

So I'm just waiting on the paperwork for my discharge and thinking about the things I've seen and endured over the past few weeks.

Firstly, loss and specifically the death of my mother. It's very easy to say you'd swap places with a terminal loved one but I actually did that. I spent over 14 hours with my mam at the very end of her life, knowing full well that I was over 95% to catch covid myself.
I knew that, I embraced that and I did it.
Nobody should ever be left to die alone, certainly not your mother, but when push came to shove I was there.

As for my own subsequent fight with the covid, well that will go on for some months yet.

The really peculiar thing though was just how close to death I was (nurses told me I was probably within 60 seconds of dying), but just how inconsequential it truly felt and still feels.

I know now that I'm not afraid of death, and it's also true about just how seemless the transition from life into death is, simple, painless, frighteningly easy.

They say that death is just a door that opens and you step through it like walking into a different room. I 100% identify with this now, it's the strangest feeling.

And finally I guess, just be excellent to each other, be tolerant and kind and thoughtful.
Love conquers all if you give it the chance.

Look after each other everybody and thanks again for all your incredible support.

Carvalho out

You big puff!

Glad you're out mate!

• Upvote 1

I'm home. Had 2 hours of the best sleep ever, a home cooked meal.

I've just sat down and fucking BLASTED this in my hifi...

Singing along at the top of my lungs, tears absolutely streaming down my face from God knows where.

I don't care, I'm just so happy and so incredibly lucky. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart, sincerely. Loads of love at you and wishing each of you the most wonderful Christmas time ever.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 22

14 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Singing along at the top of my lungs, tears absolutely streaming down my face from God knows where.

I don't care, I'm just so happy and so incredibly lucky. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart, sincerely. Loads of love at you and wishing each of you the most wonderful Christmas time ever.

Yes! 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Is right!  You soppy 'milking-it' fucker 

Get it whacked right up 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

7b4f807e14887bf49881fbc033a82c34.gif

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Go easy mate x

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Fantastic news, Shep.

• Upvote 1

Good for you, it's nice to hear some good news for a change.

Stay well and take care. 

• Upvote 1

I’m a bit late to this news, but so pleased you’re back home now.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Red Shift said:

So are the Fascists against lockdown, or for lockdown? Its all a bit confusing. All I know, is somebody wants my money.

Who is this fucking cunt?

To not think Climate Change is reality requires some heavy duty shit for brains and/or hiigh capacity shill ability

Didn't half of Oz go up in flames a few months ago?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Repped for listening to Anthrax. Nice one CD (glad to hear you’re home as well).

• Upvote 1