You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, mattyq said:

They'll give you a new Bionic Dick replacement

It'll be the World's first 6 million Dollar Dick

It'll be able to extend around corners and into buildings like the periscope thing in war of the worlds and have different piss settings like one of the 50 quid hosepipes you get from B&Q.

• Upvote 2

So I'm just waiting on the paperwork for my discharge and thinking about the things I've seen and endured over the past few weeks.

Firstly, loss and specifically the death of my mother. It's very easy to say you'd swap places with a terminal loved one but I actually did that. I spent over 14 hours with my mam at the very end of her life, knowing full well that I was over 95% to catch covid myself.
I knew that, I embraced that and I did it.
Nobody should ever be left to die alone, certainly not your mother, but when push came to shove I was there.

As for my own subsequent fight with the covid, well that will go on for some months yet.

The really peculiar thing though was just how close to death I was (nurses told me I was probably within 60 seconds of dying), but just how inconsequential it truly felt and still feels.

I know now that I'm not afraid of death, and it's also true about just how seemless the transition from life into death is, simple, painless, frighteningly easy.

They say that death is just a door that opens and you step through it like walking into a different room. I 100% identify with this now, it's the strangest feeling.

And finally I guess, just be excellent to each other, be tolerant and kind and thoughtful.
Love conquers all if you give it the chance.

Look after each other everybody and thanks again for all your incredible support.

Carvalho out

• Like 2
  • Upvote 34

7 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

So I'm just waiting on the paperwork for my discharge and thinking about the things I've seen and endured over the past few weeks.

Firstly, loss and specifically the death of my mother. It's very easy to say you'd swap places with a terminal loved one but I actually did that. I spent over 14 hours with my mam at the very end of her life, knowing full well that I was over 95% to catch covid myself.
Nobody should ever be left to die alone, certainly not your mother, but when push came to shove I was there.

As for my own subsequent fight with the covid, well that will go on for some months yet.

The really peculiar thing though was just how close to death I was (nurses told me I was probably within 60 seconds of dying), but just how inconsequential it truly felt and still feels.

I know now that I'm not afraid of death, and it's also true about just how seemless the transition from life into death is, simple, painless, frighteningly easy.

They say that death is just a door that opens and you step through it like walking into a different room. I 100% identify with this now, it's the strangest feeling.

And finally I guess, just be excellent to each other, be tolerant and kind and thoughtful.

Look after each other everybody and thanks again for all your incredible support.

Carvalho out

Yeah, but fit nurse pics?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Carvalho out

Nice one mate. You've had a shitty time, try and have as good a Christmas as possible. You deserve it. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Nice one mate. You've had a shitty time, try and have as good a Christmas as possible. You deserve it. 

I will, I do. The 1st thing I'm gonna do when I get home is have 2 hours uninterrupted kip in my king sized bed.

I'm 6 foot 4 and for the past fortnight I've been trusses up like a fucking turkey in a 5 foot bed.

My hips are screaming, I'm like Shakira with arthritis.

3 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I will, I do. The 1st thing I'm gonna do when I get home is have 2 hours uninterrupted kip in my king sized bed.

I'm 6 foot 4 and for the past fortnight I've been trusses up like a fucking turkey in a 5 foot bed.

My hips are screaming, I'm like Shakira with arthritis.

The Hips Don't Lie 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah I'm in a WhatsApp group with mates from Pompey and they're going mental. 

Do the numbers not meet where the tiers should be? 

Am I right in thinking the only difference between tier 2 and 3 is hospitality? So in 2 you can go out in your bubble and only go the pub if you eat scotch egg and tier 3 they've shut all that down? Does it make that much difference to the spread of the virus? But tier 3 still has all the shops, gyms and all that?

58 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Carvalho out

Leg. 

*heart emoji*

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Do the numbers not meet where the tiers should be? 

Am I right in thinking the only difference between tier 2 and 3 is hospitality? So in 2 you can go out in your bubble and only go the pub if you eat scotch egg and tier 3 they've shut all that down? Does it make that much difference to the spread of the virus? But tier 3 still has all the shops, gyms and all that?

I have absolutely no idea. 

32 minutes ago, Champ said:

This frightens me more than Covid itself

Uncomfortable, irritating, eye watering. Painful isn’t the right word. More a bit unpleasantly sore for 5 seconds until he pulls out. 

Also all things my wife said of me on our wedding night. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Carvalho out

That's a magnificent post.

Got me filling up.

Glad you're ok mate.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

cases is Liverpool have been gradually creeping up over the past 10 days according to reporting on the LCC website. It was around 85 per 100k about 10 days ago and it's now broken through 100 barrier to 102. My bet is by the time christmas is over, we will be back in Tier 3. 

The whole country will I reckon. This first wave isn't half long eh.