You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Election 2019 - The TV Debates

Bjornebye

24 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Oh, you're back to describing 30% support for the Brexit Party as a landslide. Retro.

You can dress it up however way you like, The Brexit Party was a brand new political party, stood to deliver one thing only, and that was Brexit, and the won the election. Unprecedented. The people spoke, and they want out.

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

You can dress it up however way you like, The Brexit Party was a brand new political party, stood to deliver one thing only, Brexit, and the won the election. Unprecedented.

It's a rebranded UKIP, and they finished first in the previous election too.

And the only dressing up is by you. 30% is not, and never will be, a landslide.

Guest Pistonbroke
14 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

You can dress it up however way you like, The Brexit Party was a brand new political party, stood to deliver one thing only, and that was Brexit, and the won the election. Unprecedented. The people spoke, and they want out.

Starting to grind on my gears the way you slag that line about. 

58 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Starting to grind on my gears the way you slag that line about. 

I voted remain, along with my wife and her family. However, I’d like to think I’m a democrat first and foremost. I accept that Brexit remains an issue, but this election should be more than just Brexit... so much more. The people are owed at least that.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I voted remain, along with my wife and her family. However, I’d like to think I’m a democrat first and foremost. I accept that Brexit remains an issue, but this election should be more than just Brexit... so much more. The people are owed at least that.

Well that really isn't a quote about that line you keep trotting out. Being democratic isn't going to help the lives of millions who didn't want to leave the EU but are being told that it is the will of the people despite a vote which happened over 3 years ago and was based on a lack of information, lies and miss-information.  A vote that quite clearly wasn't just a simple decision about staying or leaving, but how. 

But you know that. Hence why trotting that tired old line about is getting rather tedious. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Well that really isn't a quote about that line you keep trotting out. Being democratic isn't going to help the lives of millions who didn't want to leave the EU but are being told that it is the will of the people despite a vote which happened over 3 years ago and was based on a lack of information, lies and miss-information.  A vote that quite clearly wasn't just a simple decision about staying or leaving, but how. 

But you know that. Hence why trotting that tired old line about is getting rather tedious. 

The european election confirmed that the people still wanted to leave. What this election really should be about is indeed how you leave the EU, not if IMO.

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

The european election confirmed that the people still wanted to leave. What this election really should be about is indeed how you leave the EU, not if IMO.

The bit in bold is just your opinion. 

6 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

How did it confirm that? The turnout was only about 37% and the Tories and Brexit parties got barely 39% between them.

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

How else do you explain the Brexit Party walking that election despite being a brand new party with no manifesto?

See Muddies answers. 

Because this really is a waste of time. Carry on pretending to being a fully blown democratic soul, easy for you to be so flippant about a totally complex subject which is going to have huge impacts on various peoples lives whilst you move to another country. 

29 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

You're only saying this because you are off you bastard! 

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

See Muddies answers. 

Because this really is a waste of time. Carry on pretending to being a fully blown democratic soul, easy for you to be so flippant about a totally complex subject which is going to have huge impacts on various peoples lives whilst you move to another country. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You're only saying this because you are off you bastard! 

I promise that’s not the case at all. My wife is as English as it comes, and my (future) kids will be too. I’d like for them to have the opportunity to live and work in Europe if they so please. Brexit does not have to end in disaster. Norway and Switzerland are two examples of prosperous european countries outside of the EU. 

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

Brexit does not have to end in disaster. Norway and Switzerland are two examples of prosperous european countries outside of the EU. 

Norway and Switzerland are in the EU single market.

We are leaving the EU single market.

4 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I promise that’s not the case at all. My wife is as English as it comes, and my (future) kids will be too. I’d like for them to have the opportunity to live and work in Europe if they so please. Brexit does not have to end in disaster. Norway and Switzerland are two examples of prosperous european countries outside of the EU. 

Yeah thats a load of bollocks. Brexit is a disaster. 

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Fucking hell. 

One more thing, Brexit isn't just about the English and what nationality your kids choose to be when they come of age. 

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Norway and Switzerland are in the EU single market.

We are leaving the EU single market.

Vote for Labour then. Jeremy Corbyn wants a close alignment to the single market, that way you could also respect the result of the referendum.

Just now, viRdjil said:

Vote for Labour then. Jeremy Corbyn wants a close alignment to the single market, that way you could also respect the result of the referendum.

Corbin doesn't want Brexit but he does respect that a vote was cast. He is offering a deal presented for people to vote on considering no-one could possibly have known what they were voting for in the 2016 referendum. 

How people can't see this makes me think we are over-run with thick fucking bastards. 

3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I don't want to respect the result of the referendum. It was a sham, subverted by foreign powers, and voted on by people who barely understood what they were voting for.