You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

14 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I think he needs to be honest with himself about a few attitudes, and the youth team production line.  

A team of Milners under Klopp would walk the league.  And I think he'd rather win the league that way, and so would I. 

I think there's a stale air around the place, and he needs to move a few on.  Thing is, I also think he would like a break from our goldfish bowl.  The media keep putting pressure on him to explain how we aim to stop a Gulf state from winning the league.  You can't.  That's the job of football regulators, and they dont have a problem with it.  But every week, same questions, ignoring the elephant in the room.  

I dont even see the enjoyment Guardiola gets from it.  He's so vacuous.  Petro Pep. 

Definitely agree things seem stale- when you look at the two "captains"- Henderson cant get in ahead of Jones/Elliot/Carvalho and Van Dijk gets called out for missing sitters- how those 2 players respond to that will prove key in the coming months- they owe it all to Klopp and I hope they repay him    

On 23/10/2022 at 10:51, Elite said:

I think it depends on whether he's backed financially or not. The January transfer window is crucial.

On recent history any backing wil, consist of injury ravaged and older players. Its honestly the first time I can think of where Klopp has every right to think 'Sod this for a game of football.'

I also think he could walk right back into the Dortmund job at any time he wants.

People point to Ferguson rebuilding 2 or 3 teams- in fairness to him, he was pretty ruthless getting shot of players no matter what their stature- but he had the funds to rebuild.

We would need another Coutinho sale scenario to even begin- that probably should have been Salah- but would have been a big risk I guess.       

28 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Klopp has always been about hunger and desire- it was almost contagious in the early years.

What we are seeing at the moment looks as though the fire has gone out.

He will either find it again here or its going to be elsewhere fairly soon  

It's not so much the fire having gone out as everything being on fire at the moment. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Klopp has always been about hunger and desire- it was almost contagious in the early years.

What we are seeing at the moment looks as though the fire has gone out.

He will either find it again here or its going to be elsewhere fairly soon  

I don't see that at all. I think in the covid season when it went to shit he looked flat, but right now he's coming across well considering our results. He's not going to be bouncing when we're not winning. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't see that at all. I think in the covid season when it went to shit he looked flat, but right now he's coming across well considering our results. He's not going to be bouncing when we're not winning. 

I'm not sure there is a quick fix available with current resources though. I'd hate another manager to get our young prospects though,I think Klopp is perfect for them.

14 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, I genuinely think he'll fuck it off in the summer if things don't change. 

Maybe it's time he used the press a bit to get the message out to the masses. Not like rafa did as he was a politician in the end but just enough. 

It must be heart wrenching for Jurgen and his staff to see us squander our power and dominance in this division to other clubs. It is for us lot, well apart from the fsg bootlickers. 

We have to stand strong and steadfast alongside the boss. Pressure these owners into doing what's right. We aren't the red sox, we're the jewel in the crown. 

36 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, I genuinely think he'll fuck it off in the summer if things don't change. 

And i don't think anyone would blame him one little bit.

Hope to fuck it does not happen - but as great as he is even he can't do the job properly with his hands tied.

23 minutes ago, Freddo said:

Maybe it's time he used the press a bit to get the message out to the masses. Not like rafa did as he was a politician in the end but just enough. 

It must be heart wrenching for Jurgen and his staff to see us squander our power and dominance in this division to other clubs. It is for us lot, well apart from the fsg bootlickers. 

We have to stand strong and steadfast alongside the boss. Pressure these owners into doing what's right. We aren't the red sox, we're the jewel in the crown. 

I don't think FSG see us as more important than Boston Red Socks or more valuable.

12 minutes ago, an tha said:

I don't think FSG see us as more important than Boston Red Socks or more valuable.

Therein lies the issue then and they’ve let the Red Sox go to shit. We’re heading in the same direction under this lot. Difference is, we’ve got form for acting and making our feelings very clear.

On 23/10/2022 at 20:10, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I think he needs to be honest with himself about a few attitudes, and the youth team production line.  

A team of Milners under Klopp would walk the league.  And I think he'd rather win the league that way, and so would I. 

I think there's a stale air around the place, and he needs to move a few on.  Thing is, I also think he would like a break from our goldfish bowl.  The media keep putting pressure on him to explain how we aim to stop a Gulf state from winning the league.  You can't.  That's the job of football regulators, and they dont have a problem with it.  But every week, same questions, ignoring the elephant in the room.  

I dont even see the enjoyment Guardiola gets from it.  He's so vacuous.  Petro Pep. 

Purely an ego trip for the weird little prick

20 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Not at all? Curious 

Id love Klopp to be given the backing to rebuild this team- realistically it should be well under way. Im not sure the likes of FSG will be brow beaten into spending money they dont want to- the only thing we could possibly force is them to sell but I get the feeling they wouldnt care if that dragged on for a while to get the right price  

Basing this opinion purely on a long, even by the athletics standard, article on our sports science and physio department and conflict behind the scenes, it seems there are alot of factors going on behind the scenes which may be contributing to our injury problems and seeming loss of identify and ability to press this season.

I just hope Klopp is driven by what's happening this season and wants to stay to turn it around. There are also murmurs that he may be the key decision maker in keeping players who others have wanted to move on sooner. All conjecture but interesting if so

20 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm not sure there is a quick fix available with current resources though. I'd hate another manager to get our young prospects though,I think Klopp is perfect for them.

i agree it is not a quick fix. i think our lack of form can be expected because of the injuries, squad refresh issue and we've started our transition to a new team. that doesn't excuse the likes of that performance and result at the weekend, butg these things happen all the time to teams who are changing their lineup massively game to game and the side almost picks itself based on which 11 are fit. but i think this is the type of challenge klopp enjoys. 

5 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Not at all? Curious 

no, not at all. as i say in that 1st part of 21 he was completely flat and seemed to not much be able to deal with the results - which was understandable in another lockdown and he had just lost his mother and couldn't go home. but that type of personal issue is often a trigger for foreign workers to go home. but that isn't what i see now. i see a bloke really up for it. less smiling because we're not winning, but angry with how we're performing because he is so desperate for us to get it right. i would be wondering what the fuck was going on if we're losing games and points the way we have and he was bouncing around made up. 

31 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

i agree it is not a quick fix. i think our lack of form can be expected because of the injuries, squad refresh issue and we've started our transition to a new team. that doesn't excuse the likes of that performance and result at the weekend, butg these things happen all the time to teams who are changing their lineup massively game to game and the side almost picks itself based on which 11 are fit. but i think this is the type of challenge klopp enjoys. 

no, not at all. as i say in that 1st part of 21 he was completely flat and seemed to not much be able to deal with the results - which was understandable in another lockdown and he had just lost his mother and couldn't go home. but that type of personal issue is often a trigger for foreign workers to go home. but that isn't what i see now. i see a bloke really up for it. less smiling because we're not winning, but angry with how we're performing because he is so desperate for us to get it right. i would be wondering what the fuck was going on if we're losing games and points the way we have and he was bouncing around made up. 

Interesting you see it that way.

At times this season Ive thought he looked utterly worn out physically and mentally. It would be completely understandable if he is given how last season finished.      

• Upvote 1