You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham at Anfield, February 4th 2018

Captain

Graham Poll if I remember right. Cannot remember the game though.

Mike Reed. A game against Leeds when he played an advantage and, I think, Murphy scored. They are really such insignificant people with such low self=esteem that they actually celebrate when they do something right in their life. THe cunt linesman yesterday took such behavioural anomaly to the realms of insanity because he actualy celebrated getting things wrong.

• Upvote 1

Mike Reed. A game against Leeds when he played an advantage and, I think, Murphy scored. They are really such insignificant people with such low self=esteem that they actually celebrate when they do something right in their life. THe cunt linesman yesterday took such behavioural anomaly to the realms of insanity because he actualy celebrated getting things wrong.

Trrriffffic. Now run around.

BBC pundits are a disgrace, no mention at all of Kane diving. They just fixated on the offside issue. Can't have the integrity of England's golden boy called into question, oh no.

I'm trying, and mostly succeeding, to not get het up over yesterday. We'd all be chucking not-very-quietly if Liverpool had benefited from those decisions. But when you see Harry Kane claiming that Van Dijk "just wiped [Lamela] out" and not get called out for being a bare-faced liar . . . unless proven otherwise, it's safe to assume that someone working in the media is below a cockroach in the evolutionary ladder.

He was 'severely reprimanded' over that. Like he gave a shit. 

I'm not saying he's biased but I do think it needs looking at.

I think that assistant will be quietly spoken to by his superiors about what the fuck he was up to with that gesture. 

Hadn't even seen that until now - it's fucking weird, and though it may sound harsh I think he should probably be killed. 

• Upvote 3

No one Im thinking is Poll at Anfield. Remember the people behind me saying did you see the ref fist pump that goal.

I'm still struggling to understand how the linesman stating that 'If' Lovren touched it - it would be onside, if not it is offside - only for Moss to then say 'I have no idea' 

Then

'I'm going to give the pen'!

How does that work? I don't know what happened so i will give it. 

I'm still struggling to understand how the linesman stating that 'If' Lovren touched it - it would be onside, if not it is offside - only for Moss to then say 'I have no idea' 

Then

'I'm going to give the pen'!

How does that work? I don't know what happened so i will give it. 

It's because he'd already given it, I would imagine. Easier to stick with the decision than change it. The linesman didn't give him a definite steer that he should not give it. I'm not saying that's right by the way, just what I think went through his head at that moment.

I'd say both penalties weren't penalties because they were offside. I still can't see the VVD kick as a foul even though it looked like a foul in real time. It looks to me as if he brushes him and Lamela throws himself backwards, if he kicked him what kind of motion is that to fall. Regardless of that Lamela was offside and so was Kane. I think even though Kane jumped over Karius that's still a penalty because he's impeding him, he could have just dragged his foot down a bit and created contact.

Not arsed. It happened in one of our games in the 80's. The ref allowed play-on from a bad tackle, and we scored. He fist pumped. He was accused of bias. He explained that it was because he made the right call and from which a goal ensued. I accepted it. It's a bit shit but not worth getting your knickers in a twist over.

This reminds me of a personal experience.

I was coaching my son's U16 team 2 summers ago and the ref played advantage and we ended up scoring as a result. The foul that led to the advantage was a nasty deliberate kick that nearly took my players leg off and left him injured. As we were getting ready to restart I called out to ask why there was no yellow. The ref came storming over screaming at me that I was ungrateful and had some nerve complaining after he had "just given us a goal".

Moss was seen on camera asking Atkinson if there was "anything from TV" showing if Lovren had touched the ball, before sticking to his decision without receiving a response.

I can't accept this bit.  What did Atkinson do, blank him?  How do we know he didn't receive a response?  He had a headset on.

Blatant lies , would expect no less from PGMOL

Terrible isn't it? Blatant bullshit, nothing, not a single word or gesture in the exchange indicated Moss knew it came off a Liverpool player but he just didn't know which one.

Really this should make matters even worse for the officials but that depends if anyone takes up the baton and runs with it. More realistically it'll probably be accepted and the story allowed to die.

I think we should write to the authorities and request an explanation as to why Jon Moss was allowed to confer with Martin Atkinson in the absence of VAR, and ask for cast-iron proof that no information was relayed from Atkinson to Moss.  If that makes me sound small-time, I don't care.   The more information that emerges about this the angrier it makes me.

• Upvote 4