You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Really not sure on this at all.

The msns made his name as a penalty box defender not in a team with CB exposed. Don't see it as a upgrade on Lovren. Makes sense only if Klopp want rid of Matip due to injuries or doesn't see Gomez as a CB anytime soon

I think he is a perfect Mourinho type player. Great with his head can play 70 yard balls bypassing the midfield and seems quite a quiet lad so won't make a fuss when he us inevitably thrown under the bus.
  • Upvote 1

They've already got the original Harry Maguire in Phil Jones.

Seriously, I like Harry Maguire but in terms of his strengths the reason he is so good at backs to the wall defending is because he has the physical attributes for it. If he had the mental attributes he wouldn't have to do it half as much as he could snuff out play earlier. Hard to do when sitting deep tbf. Perfect for shitcoat.

Because he's so good at breaking his own records, I'm in.

Tarkowski's performance against Crystal Palace on 10 September was deemed Man of the Match worthy by Sky Sports, as Tarkowski held Benteke and Palace without a goal. His 17 clearances in the match were the most by anyone in the Premier League that season, besting a mark previously held by himself in Burnley's surprise opening day victory over Chelsea.

The more centre back options the better. The less secure they feel about their places the less likely they'll be to switch off and concede cheap goals when we're comfortably in the lead - been too much bad set-piece defending down the years, for example, and letting teams back into games.

Chelsea are ready to pip Liverpool to the £35m signing of Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey before Thursday's deadline reports the Sunday Express.

Ramsey has 12 months remaining on his contract at the Emirates and the Wales international, speaking last week, admitted he is unsure over his future.

Chelsea are ready to pip Liverpool to the £35m signing of Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey before Thursday's deadline reports the Sunday Express.

Ramsey has 12 months remaining on his contract at the Emirates and the Wales international, speaking last week, admitted he is unsure over his future.

Thank fuck. Hopefully it doesn’t end up the same as last season when it looked like they beat us to a grossly over rated British midfielder.

Grinch's colleague: Hey Grinch, what do you think of my new car?

Grinch: I suppose it's okay, but it'll probably just break down within a year like painfully mediocre English midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, who Liverpool wasted £40M on despite it being crystal clear he was injury-riddled.

Grinch's colleague: K bye.

Grinch: Did I mention how over-rated he is?

Grinch's colleague:

giphy.gif

• Upvote 4

Grinch's colleague: Hey Grinch, what do you think of my new car?

Grinch: I suppose it's okay, but it'll probably just break down within a year like painfully mediocre English midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, who Liverpool wasted £40M on despite it being crystal clear he was injury-riddled.

Grinch's colleague: K bye.

Grinch: Did I mention how over-rated he is?

Grinch's colleague:

giphy.gif

Is that him running off to buy the car that breaks down time and time again, despite all the warning signs not too?

Ramsey is very good player. He arrives in the box at the right time and picks up lots of goals. If watch him for Wales (particularly under Coleman) he runs that midfield and gives Bale the ammunition frequently.

His main faults are that in a dog shit game he goes missing and struggles to get involved.

His injuries are pretty much behind him now.

Is he any better than what we have? He’s would probably be behind Keita, Hendo and Fabinho in the pecking order.

However seeing how Shaq has been deployed by Klopp he would probably do the same stuff as Ramsey would in the team.

Good player, but I doubt this link is real. Be a good addition though