You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

May calls General Election on 8 June

jimmycase

The baby-boomer fuckers.  Stupid people, spoilt people in many ways, so much was handed to them on a plate for years and now they're all tucked in their nice expensive mortgage-free houses they can be pious bastards and tell us all how lazy we are and we need to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps.

The silver lining is that every year thousands of them will die off.  Sounds harsh, IS harsh, but this level of bollocks is untenable in a modern society that needs to get it's act together. 

The other silver lining is that Labour are coming up the hill, and will be the major power in British politics for a long, long time.  Tories can have this 5 years stint perhaps, but it will be the death of them as the majority party.  Young people are growing up poor, and these next 5 years will underline how bad things can get, which will make 2022 an absolute cake-walk.

Tories network won't widen, it can only be inherited, because they don't share anything because they're greedy bastards and that can't sustain.

• Upvote 2

The baby-boomer fuckers.  Stupid people, spoilt people in many ways, so much was handed to them on a plate for years and now they're all tucked in their nice expensive mortgage-free houses they can be pious bastards and tell us all how lazy we are and we need to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps.

The silver lining is that every year thousands of them will die off.  Sounds harsh, IS harsh, but this level of bollocks is untenable in a modern society that needs to get it's act together. 

The other silver lining is that Labour are coming up the hill, and will be the major power in British politics for a long, long time.  Tories can have this 5 years stint perhaps, but it will be the death of them as the majority party.  Young people are growing up poor, and these next 5 years will underline how bad things can get, which will make 2022 an absolute cake-walk.

Tories network won't widen, it can only be inherited, because they don't share anything because they're greedy bastards and that can't sustain.

What's interesting with this Tory manifesto is that they're beginning their assault on the last remnants of their base now, like an invasion force regrouping to deal its killer blow. They've finished off the infantry and cavalry and now they're coming for the village. 

The Tories traditionally relied on the elderly, the middle classes, the military and the police, the 'queen and county' mob, so it was inevitable that when the turds got in in 2010 they'd unleash hell on the public sector, northern councils and the poor - which of course they did, and the above all stood back and laughed. 

But, the nature of this brand of capitalism is all-consuming, it fucking eats everything because the people hoovering it all up don't want to give any of it back, so what do we see now? Pensioners likely to be forced to flog their homes to pay for care and not being able to pass anything down - the absolute antithesis of everything the Tories stand for - i.e perpetuating, dynastic wealth and opportunity. They'e brazenly pulled the rug from under the lie that if you climb high enough you can get to heaven, now you can't, and they're not even bothering to fib about it any more.

Aircraft carriers with no jets, Regiments with not enough troops, police replaced by G4S, falling home ownership and middle classes with less and less disposable wealth, there's nothing else they can chew up and spit out. They're financial termites with the backing of billionaires. 

It reminds me of that saying in Nazi germany 'first they came for...' well that's what the Tories have done, but in a financial sense. If you've got any money or wealth of your own, unless you're extremely - extremely wealthy - be prepared to kiss it goodbye, because they want to give it to their mates, and there's fuck all you'll be able to do about it. 

Nomnomnom!!

• Upvote 7

Agree with all that.

Thing is, the Republicans and Tories are one and the same now, they're a force for absolute, unchained capitalism which is accepted by everyone with a brain or a pair of eyes as having wrought utter destruction on the economy and the environment.

They are not what they sell themselves as any more, if they were I'd have no problem with people voting for them if that was what they wanted. Blue bloods, middle class, people who want small state and low tax (because they don't need the state usually, but that's their right)

But that's not what we have here, we have a party for the oligarchs that only thinks short term, and has absolutely no care for you, your kids or the country. NHS for sale, policing for sale, everything for sale. It's a joke, how anyone can vote for them and then moan their lives are turning to shit is beyond me.

There's nothing small state about them. They've realised it's much easier to control people by being ultra right wing than with the neo liberal global agenda of the past.

All they need to do is take over the mainstream media and constantly drip feed a narrative of fear and xenophobia, then let a few terror attacks slip through the net before an election and job's a good'un.

5 more years of low taxes for the mega rich, selling off the last bastion of nationalisation (the NHS), destroying the state school system to push funding into private schools (for the Tories of tomorrow) and more restrictions on personal freedoms, more surveillance, more Chinese style regulation of the internet. 1984 ain't shit on these fuckers. 

There are still many (New) Labour supporters who claim that Corbyn isn't at all Prime Ministerial or leadership caliber. Many on this very forum have argued this. To them I say have a look for the video from yesterday, from Gateshead, where Corbyn address a crowd of thousands in the pissing rain. If you can't be swayed by the mans compassion, his eloquence and his passion and emotion in that speech then you never will be.

At each step and at every obstacle and hurdle along throughout the election campaign Jermeny Corbyn has taken hit after hit and suffered terrible personal abuse both from the media and the Tories, but the man has risen above it, never allowing himself, his message or his beliefs to dragged through the mud.

In Gateshead Corbyn shone. If he wasn't Prime Ministerial before he sure as hell is now.

We've got to grasp this nettle and make a vote for good, rid ourselves of this retrograde superior arrogant government and vote for a new way. A positive optimistic inclusive future. Corbyn's way has to be the way forward.

I'm expecting to be crushed come Friday morning but the past few weeks have given me a vigour and a hope renewed. Corbyn has lit a fire under our youth, let's hope they can carry the torch and make our country a better, fairer, happier place to live in the years to come.

Get out there and vote. Vote Labour, vote for change, for inclusion and compassion.

• Upvote 5

It literally does feel like the last chance saloon. I don't think anyone bar the very rich will be spared in the next 5 years under Tory rule. We'll be Detroit on steroids, bankruptcy everywhere apart from some walled region south of Watford. It'll be like a New York back alley scene from any 70s movie where we're huddled around an oil drum chock full of wood and rubbish, fighting to keep warm. I've already decided I'll stalk once friendly neighbourhoods bumming anything that moves just for some love in my now bleak existence. Dystopia.

• Upvote 1

This was the most horrible election of all time, in this country.

I will be telling my children about this when they're older, and they won't believe it when I tell them about the way the media acted, the number of Tories in the 'unbiased BBC' and newspapers, the way they manipulated boundary changes, the way they cheated election expenses, and the cover-ups, the hatred of the disabled, and the crude marriage with big business.

Either that, or the elections will be run by Sky and ASDA.

• Upvote 2

It literally does feel like the last chance saloon. I don't think anyone bar the very rich will be spared in the next 5 years under Tory rule. We'll be Detroit on steroids, bankruptcy everywhere apart from some walled region south of Watford. It'll be like a New York back alley scene from any 70s movie where we're huddled around an oil drum chock full of wood and rubbish, fighting to keep warm. I've already decided I'll stalk once friendly neighbourhoods bumming anything that moves just for some love in my now bleak existence. Dystopia.

I'm going to put a diamond-studded collar the base of my cock and wander around with a flick knife on Friday morning if the Tories keep a majority.  You have to hit the ground running.

I'm then going to steal a jetski and start a Waterworld colony until 2022.

If the polls with the 1 to 3 point gaps are accurate, I think Corbyn's stance on Brexit needs to be reassessed.

And with an admission that he might have got it right. If he came out and argued in favour of blocking the referendum result or pushing for a second referendum, there's a chance he might have lost votes to the Tories and the Kippers.

And, his stance hasn't really appeared to have led to an exodus of voters to the Lib Dems and their second referendum policy, which just doesn't seem to be resonating with the electorate at all, beyond their core vote.

The Labour Brexit team actually looks a lot more competent than the Tory one too.

The cafe, by the way, is the Scotch Bakery in Fleetwood, run by a Tory supporter.  Some Facebook Reviews.

The service, like the meat in the meat and potato pie, was offal (pun intended). The lady serving me made a huge scene in front of the busy cafe because I had apparently underpaid to eat in the luxurious surroundings. In actual fact, I had no idea the price was different to eat in and nobody had bothered to ask me at the time I paid for my lunch. I willingly paid the difference even though I was half way through eating, but the saga continued. Apparently there is a notice on the inside of the door, so I'm obviously kicking myself that I stupidly never spent much time studying that when entering a bakery for luncheon.

After speaking to them twice and confirming order TWICE I go to pay 10 days before event to be told they can't do it on a Sunday as its for less than 100 people ? They had my name and telephone number for 2 months and never thought to let me know - absolutely disgusted with their shoddy service !!

Not that I'm advocating a boycott Fleetwood, you understand....

The Tories have absolutely disgusted me with their campaigning this year. It was bad on Miliband but now it's beyond a joke. TV has to follow stricter rules during the election the other media should be the same. I've heard nothing about policy or the country from the Tories in ages it's just been name calling and attacks. If the mail is representive of this country im gonna do my best to get the fuck off this land.

Guest Pistonbroke

If her and the Tories regain power, they are going to make people's lives hell. I can#t see things panning out peacefully if she carries through her threat on following "The Naylor" report. 

Once people start going bankrupt or having to sell their assets to pay for surgery there'll be riots. Most of them are too dumb to realise what is going to happen, they are just hell bent on leaving the EU through a hard Brexit, once reality kicks in they'll all be denying they voted for Tory as they whine like fuck and take to the streets. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Incase anyone didn't, it's best watching that video until the end.

There's some pics of him here too : https://twitter.com/MissEllieMae/status/871855589953081346

What the actual fuck?!

Is it a Tory ploy to prove they aren't overspending on election costs? I reckon this was shot, and edited by those kids and Saul Goodman, 80$ all in.