You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

Take your point about the in column, but this is better than "nothing wrong with the out column" stuff.

This is the best summer we've ever had, from a sales perspective, and it isn't close. To take that lot of players (plus Alberto, who's not on there for some reason) and get 80m for them is amazing. When you think of all the time we've had wasters and deadwood stuck on our books for years while we try to sell them, only to have to cut the price to nothing, then you can really appreciate it.

If we complete it by finishing off Balotelli, Markovic and Lucas (the last one seems pretty unlikely) for decent fees then I'd even give Klopp a pass on not getting a left back. I think fans aren't rating the job we've done with those sales highly enough.

Same people doing the buying and selling that have done it for the last 4 years. Klopp may identify ins and outside but Ayre etc make the deals.

Same people who have been royally castigated every year now getting some praise.

Weren't Everton after him, can see that 61m being gazumped by 'the old lady' on deadline day...or not.

"See that £60 million and £360k per week that's burning a hole in our pocket?  Go throw that at Wolfsburg, offer them their asking price for Draxler and see what they actually say when we slap the money on the table, and see what his agent says when we offer to double his current 110k pw wages."

"Errr, they both said "Fuck off, you mongs" unfortunately"

•  

We're sat on a pile of cash at the moment, and I believe that Klopp will spend every penny of it when, and if, the right players become available. And let's face it, if you have enough money, they WILL become available. I get the impression Klopp is saving for an assault on Gladbach for Dahoud in January, and I wouldnt be surprised if we paid £50m. In the current market you could see, if we sold him in 3 years, us getting closer to £100m for him.

But for now, we need to be able to blow everyone else out of the water with one bid, and one set of wages. City can blow everyone out of the water for lots of players, but we only have enough ammo to go toe-to-toe with them for one player, and I think Dahoud is that player.

So, Dahoud is a prime target, and by all accounts it seems that a 1st choice striker is Klopp's second priority.

Spot on.

A lot of short-sighted fannies on here whining about FSG and net spend but ignoring the fact that Klopp is perfectly happy with his squad, and even wants to reduce it.  He's also shown with Mane that he's not a Wenger, terrified of splashing cash unless there's value - he saw the right player, and he went out and spent what most said was overpaying for him.

I think whether it's Dahoud or whoever, that the next move Klopp makes will be for a midfielder, and it will be a big one.  Don't know if that will happen this January or next summer but he's clearly building for 2-3 years from now, much to the frustration of a lot of us.  Whenever and whoever it is, I think it will be Mane all over again.  He'll just go in, find out the asking price and then match it and get it done quickly.  And we'll certainly have the money available when he finds that player, after the summer we've just had.

• Upvote 1

Spot on.

A lot of short-sighted fannies on here whining about FSG and net spend but ignoring the fact that Klopp is perfectly happy with his squad, and even wants to reduce it. He's also shown with Mane that he's not a Wenger, terrified of splashing cash unless there's value - he saw the right player, and he went out and spent what most said was overpaying for him.

I think whether it's Dahoud or whoever, that the next move Klopp makes will be for a midfielder, and it will be a big one. Don't know if that will happen this January or next summer but he's clearly building for 2-3 years from now, much to the frustration of a lot of us. Whenever and whoever it is, I think it will be Mane all over again. He'll just go in, find out the asking price and then match it and get it done quickly. And we'll certainly have the money available when he finds that player, after the summer we've just had.

Does that not fly in the face of what Klopp was saying about United spending huge amounts on Pogba?

Anyone know anything about this Luan character?

Yea bookies favorite for the player we'll spend all January trying to buy for a bag of wotsits before blaming his club for being hard to negotiate with.

We'll damn well try though and it'll be proof that we've money if the right player is available and we'll have dosh to spend in the summer.

That Carvalho' stock seems to have well fallen from where it was a couple years ago. What's this Gabbiadini like, don't think I've ever seen him play.

No idea, but someone's already edited his wikipedia page:

Manolo Gabbiadini (Italian pronunciation: [maˈnɔːlo ɡabbjaˈdiːni]) is an Italianfootballer who plays as a forward or winger for Everton F.C.. Manolo said he's signed for Everton due to being a massive Nickleback fan and he's been assured that 'The Kray' will pump some out for him. He made devil horn signs with his hands after hearing this news and said he's always supported Everton since first catching sight of his hero and major career influence, Stuart Barlow.On signing he shouted "Kopites are Gobshites"

Spot on.

A lot of short-sighted fannies on here whining about FSG and net spend but ignoring the fact that Klopp is perfectly happy with his squad, and even wants to reduce it.  He's also shown with Mane that he's not a Wenger, terrified of splashing cash unless there's value - he saw the right player, and he went out and spent what most said was overpaying for him.

I think whether it's Dahoud or whoever, that the next move Klopp makes will be for a midfielder, and it will be a big one.  Don't know if that will happen this January or next summer but he's clearly building for 2-3 years from now, much to the frustration of a lot of us.  Whenever and whoever it is, I think it will be Mane all over again.  He'll just go in, find out the asking price and then match it and get it done quickly.  And we'll certainly have the money available when he finds that player, after the summer we've just had.

There is faith and blind faith. I don't do blind faith. I'm with AoT if he forces Sakho out on top of the fucking mess at LB. I see no masterplan in having a weak defense just stupidity 

That Carvalho' stock seems to have well fallen from where it was a couple years ago. What's this Gabbiadini like, don't think I've ever seen him play.

With Renato Sanches, Andre Gomes and Joao Mario all moving for fees close to £40m, I suspect that Sporting are looking for something similar for Carvalho.

There is faith and blind faith. I don't do blind faith. I'm with AoT if he forces Sakho out on top of the fucking mess at LB. I see no masterplan in having a weak defense just stupidity 

as far as sakho goes we really dont know what has happened behind closed doors  has he got a chip on his shoulder after the whole banned substance issue ? is he pissed at the club for sitting him on the sidelines etc. I think he has gone back with the attitude of i told you so and tried to prove a point in the wrong manner and rightfully so he has been stamped on by klopp 

Nasri, Wilshere and Konoplyanka are just 3 players who look like they are going out on loan with a view to buy, when we loan with a view to buy we get Victor Moses, Aly Cissokho and Manquillo. We are pretty shit at buying the right players.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else think the Hart move was fucking weird?

Torino?

Unless he's a closet racist and he just wants to knock around with Mijhalovic.

I say fair play to him for chancing his arm abroad. It might be with the ultimate aim to return to the Premier League and prove Guardiola wrong but given how so few English players are interested in playing abroad unless it's for one of Spain's big two, Hart's attitude is refreshing. I can't blame him for not wanting to join Sunderland or the shite if those two were his only options in England.

• Upvote 4