You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

Got say i think the window has been fucking shite on the whole

Karius,Matip and Mane fine the rest looks bang fucking average. Why the fuck we spent 25ml on yet another attacking midfielder who cant slow the game down and win the ball back ill every know. We still have that useless fuck at LB,Still dont have anything in the middle and what the fucks going o with Sakho i dont know.

So another season of not killing games offby not playing a actual striker up top and conceding shitloads of goals. City and Utd spend close to 150ml each after sales,Chelsea 85ml,Arsenal close to 90ml. Leciester over 20ml,West Ham over 40ml. Even bloody watford spent upwards of 35ml. While we spend what we receive and limp on with a bunch of bottling cunts who when it gets tough the flounder like they have the best part of of a decade.

I dont give a shit if Matip would have cost 20ml in the open market,he didnt. How the fuck we are going into a season with Sakho fucked off not to play and Lucas as the 4th CB and fucking Milner and Moreno as LB option is mental. So we have fuck all cover at RB. Its okay though the sponsers will be lining up for new deals for a team with no european football. I guess with no European football the excuse is inbuilt.

Oh the good players wanted europe,there owners played silly bastards,oh London

FUCK OFF FSG

FUCK OFF KLOPP

Is what I think you're really getting at, correct?

Since you don't really seem to like the players he's picked out.

Is there a team with such a shit history of transfers in the past 5-10 years

Fuck me

Balotelli 16ml

Markovic 20ml

Carroll 35ml

Benteke 32ml

Mignolet 9ml

Downing 20ml

Jesus we love pissing money up the wall

and due to the money pissed away the purse strings have now been tightened just as we finally get a manager who might be able to spend money wisely...

You must be dreaming if you think such half hearted drivel is going to see you replacing Cardie as chief contrary cumstain on here. Put your back into it shitsipper.

Shitsipper? Quality insult. Really living up to your username there, dopey.

I'm just sick of the hypocrites on here who hate what we've been doing this summer but don't have the balls to say it's Klopp's fault.

I think Klopp has underestimated how much of a spastic Moreno is, and I think his midfield bum rush tactic isn't going to work against the worst 10/12 teams in the league.

There are still a huge amount of spineless, thick, losers in this squad, and they're going to let Klopp down. Perhaps he's almost written this season off as part of a necessary process. 

Here's a complete list of all the Reds' ins and outs this summer...

INS

Sadio Mane (Southampton)

Loris Karius (Mainz)

Joel Matip (Schalke)

Ragnar Klavan (Augsburg)

Alex Manninger (Free transfer)

Georginio Wijnaldum (Newcastle United)

OUTS

Jose Enrique (Free transfer)    

Kolo Toure (Free transfer)    

Jordan Rossiter (Rangers)    

Joao Carlos Teixeira (Porto)

Jerome Sinclair (Watford)

Sergi Canos (Norwich City)    

Martin Skrtel (Fenerbahce)

Jordon Ibe (Bournemouth)

Joe Allen (Stoke City)

Brad Smith (Bournemouth)

Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace)

Luis Alberto (Lazio)

Mario Balotelli (Nice)

Andre Wisdom (Red Bull Salzburg, on loan)

Lazar Markovic (Sporting Lisbon, on loan)

Including the academy players, the outgoings must be close to 30 in total. That's some clearout.

It's all got the feeling of the start of a five year plan...

Shitsipper? Quality insult. Really living up to your username there, dopey.

I'm just sick of the hypocrites on here who hate what we've been doing this summer but don't have the balls to say it's Klopp's fault.

Stick to wacking off into your mothers garters over some J-League 3rd division player you muppet.

• Upvote 3

FUCK OFF KLOPP

Is what I think you're really getting at, correct?

Since you don't really seem to like the players he's picked out.

If i wanted to say fuck off Klopp i would have. Im happy to give my opinion and not hide behind shit. I dot for one second believe he can happy with some of the squad. If he is then yeah,he nuts. I blame the money men for not getting the deals done. Dembele was wanted as were plenty others who we could eaily have blown out the water fiancially but yet again we dont. There is always a excuse why we dont get the players wanted and yet a few more in the wage packet could get the job done alot of the time. Its almost as if they dont want to pay big money and the going rate of wages

• Upvote 1

Including the academy players, the outgoings must be close to 30 in total. That's some clearout.

It's all got the feeling of the start of a five year plan...

Given FSG's record, it's going to be about as successful as Mao's second five year plan, but with more famine and no fucking leap forward.

• Upvote 1

If i wanted to say fuck off Klopp i would have. Im happy to give my opinion and not hide behind shit. I dot for one second believe he can happy with some of the squad. If he is then yeah,he nuts. I blame the money men for not getting the deals done. Dembele was wanted as were plenty others who we could eaily have blown out the water fiancially but yet again we dont. There is always a excuse why we dont get the players wanted and yet a few more in the wage packet could get the job done alot of the time. Its almost as if they dont want to pay big money and the going rate of wages

Dembele was sold for 15m. He chose Dortmund virtually the minute the transfer window opened. Money was completely irrelevant to that transfer.

We offered Gotze high enough wages for him to become our best paid player. He decided it was better to fire his agent and crawl back to Dortmund rather then reunite with Klopp.

BMG refused to sell Dahoud at any cost. The only transfer you could accuse the owners of not paying up on was for Chilwell, but he had zero top-flight experience.

Whilst all of this was going on, Klopp signed a new deal. Couldn't have been that miffed could he?

• Upvote 1

I had a dream cruelly taken from me today.  I had a meeting at LFC's office in Chapel Street.  (To discuss the buses they use for their hospitality customers; exciting stuff.)  As I was about to sign in at Reception, my mate said "it's alright, I've signed us both in".  If he hadn't, I could have legitimately said that I signed for Liverpool on deadline day.  Instead, I ended up as just another schmuck, like Viktor Onopko.  (Who?  Exackkklee!)

• Upvote 6

That was a decent window.

Three first teamers straight into areas that needed strengthening in Karius (unlucky injury notwithstanding), Matip and Mane; with Klavan likely to provide experienced cover.

Grujic makes a lot of sense as a highly rated youngster, bought for a low fee given all the money in the Prem, and he may have a big future. Time will tell.

Wijnaldum is a bit of a head scratcher as most of us would have gone for a Kante/Medel type of defensive midfielder, but Klopp didn't go after that sort, so this is to do with the manager's style and preference. I suspect it will look a lot better when Can gets back in and when it settles down a bit, but obviously we are all watching closely.

Manninger is neither here nor there. He might be helping with a bit of coaching and I don't mind his experience around the place.

Left back is a tough one, but it's been done to death. On the face of it we look short, but maybe Milner will do well there, or maybe Klopp will improve Moreno. Chances are we will upgrade when the right player is available and when Klopp has had a chance to coach Moreno a bit more and made a decision on whether he is first choice, second choice or get rid material.

That's the incoming, and I'd say decent, not perfect.

As for the outgoing we did very well there. The squad was bloated and it needed to be trimmed. Klopp doesn't like working with such a large group as it means too many players can't really see a path to the team. This will have more of them champing at the bit with a realistic chance of seeing action if they train well.

As for the money brought in, that was very good and indicative, mostly, of the riches in the wider game. For years we've got pennies for too many of our outgoing players, so seeing that change for the better is very welcome.

Four points from Arsenal and Spurs away is a good return. Losing to Burnley is poor, and that one still sticks in the throat. The international break has come at the wrong time because I want to see this team play and grow.

Can't wait for the action to resume.

• Upvote 5

Depends on your goals, if you want to run a nice profitable business then yeah, if you want to slug it out with the big boys for trophies.....not so much..

Most fans over the summer said we can't slug it out with the big boys for trophies. Most fans said (to varying degrees) we're rubbish/mid table.

Some of the ones who hadn't lost hope or weren't too despairing said that with a fair wind we could fight to hopefully get top four.

Obviously for anything good to have a chance of happening the team needs to improve. I think we have improved, in three or four positions, though obviously time will tell.

Most fans over the summer said we can't slug it out with the big boys for trophies. Most fans said (to varying degrees) we're rubbish/mid table.

Some of the ones who hadn't lost hope or weren't too despairing said that with a fair wind we could fight to hopefully get top four.

Obviously for anything good to have a chance of happening the team needs to improve. I think we have improved, in three or four positions, though obviously time will tell.

I don't know what to tell you mate, you think that's a good window then crack on

• Upvote 1

The man that was a major factor in a lack of champions league football is still one of the first options to start at LB the other option is a right midfielder.

That alone makes it a pretty crap window. I understand the lack of a defensive midfielder as i dont think Klopp wamts to play with one but Wijaldum doesn't offer much we dont have