You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2016

aRdja

Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 8m8 minutes ago

There is no buy-out clause for Teixeira & Shakhtar rate him at €50m [£38m], which is far in excess of what #LFC want to pay 

Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 8m8 minutes ago

Any move now will be dependent on Alex Teixeira pushing the case with Shakhtar personally. #LFC (@SamWallaceTel)

Teixeira is desperate to leave apparently but I doubt he has the power to force a transfer. If these reports are true, I don't think this will happen.

Klopp has also just said the following: “I am a normal, smart guy so why should I throw away money?

“I cannot say it is only money going somewhere else. We have money but we are not in Disneyland and say ‘come on, take what you want’.

Thank fuck for that. That place can make you feel skint in about 4 hours if you aren't careful.

To be fair I haven't really heard of this Alex Texiera. I've seen his goal ratio this season and it's great. But £38m! Fuckin steep that. Hope our days of being shafted are over but doesn't look like it. Seems like KLOPP knows what he's doing and seems like a strong character.

To be fair I haven't really heard of this Alex Texiera. I've seen his goal ratio this season and it's great. But £38m! Fuckin steep that. Hope our days of being shafted are over but doesn't look like it. Seems like KLOPP knows what he's doing and seems like a strong character.

Looks like the sort of player we should just go out and buy rather than trying to haggle over a couple of mill

This is what we do lowball and hope the player goes on strike so the player looks bad to us for not forcing through a move and signs for city or whoever.

Bit of truth in this, but I personally don't think that's really a bad thing.

He's a good player, potentially a great one, but it's a bit of a risk if we're honest.  At 35m, it is probably a risk not worth taking, which is why we have a set valuation and if we can get them to come down to it, then we'll buy him.  And if they hold firm for something like that, we won't.

The best chance that we see them accept something less than 30m is if the player himself agitates strongly for the move.  Otherwise there's no reason for them not to simply wait it out and get probably the same amount in the summer from Chelsea or someone.  He's scored over half of their total goals this season, and they're level on points at the top of the league - you think they're just going to hand him over?

Our best chance is that Teixeira knows there's very little chance he'll get into the Brasil squad if he's playing in Ukraine.  His exploits there are too easy to write off with a "yeah, but it's Ukraine."  Even if he averages a goal a game.

So we wait for Chelsea to get pretty far down the road with Pato, hopefully too far along to back out, and then put in a bid.  Show him that there's a chance to come here and play alongside Firmino and Coutinho, players that have Brasil caps and are likely to earn more, and sell the idea of forming a successful trio at club level that someone in the Brasil setup might want to play behind Neymar someday.  Oh, and that Chelsea are out and if it's not Liverpool, then he's not going anywhere this January and that means no Brasil in the summer.  And then hope that he goes behind the scenes to Shakhtar and expresses his wishes and that helps us reduce the price by 5m or so.

It's actually a pretty clever idea.  Not sure if we'll pull it off or not, because if I were in charge of Shakhtar and didn't need the money I'd tell him there's no chance of a move and wait for the summer, but who knows?  They do have the added factor that if they piss off one Brasilian who wasn't given a move away after earning one fair and square, the next one might not want to come, so they will want to be diplomatic about the whole thing.

The club is building a stand. That is a worrying comment. We've always been told it was being funded in a way that wouldn't hamper us in the transfer market.

First rule of negotiations say you can't afford the asking price the money's being spent elsewhere.

Mostly because he plays in Ukraine.

In Brasil it's seen as the "I wasn't good enough for Spain or Italy but wanted the money" option.  Players that go there never feature in the Brasil squad, even though it's been a popular route to Europe for some time.

Even players as good as Willian and Douglas Costa barely got a sniff of the national team until they moved away.  Instead over the hill ex-legends like Kaka or Robinho got in over them.

I think Teixeira might have a route into the squad as Neymar's backup up front if he comes here and keeps scoring anywhere like his rate in Ukraine has been.  Brasil are pretty short of strikers as it stands, they're missing a true 9 so players like Tardelli, Damiao and Hulk have gotten a go up front.

• Upvote 1

That only works if it's believable. If people don't believe you it gets you nowhere and they won't trust anything you say and your negotiations are doomed.

It's not as if we're not building a stand. 

We're fucked with Ayre in charge of negotiations anyway, no one can take that twat seriously.

That only works if it's believable. If people don't believe you it gets you nowhere and they won't trust anything you say and your negotiations are doomed.

if it were Gordon, Ayre or some other FSG guy saying it the pitchforks should rightly be out. Klopp not so much. If he thinks it will help get the price down to get his target so much the better. Not that anyone from any well run club would accept that as a reason during negotiations apart from us because we are shit at transfers.

In time honoured tradition, does anyone have a list of players who don't have a club?

Here you go:

Goalkeepers

Damien Rascle

Lukasz Zaluska

Nicky Weaver

Paul Robinson

Peter Brezovan

Scott Christie

Sead Ramovic

Defenders

Abdoulaye Meite

Alberto Rodriguez

Albin Ebondo

Andy OBrien

Anthony Gardner

Anthony Reveillere

Ashley Cole

Badr El Kaddouri

Benoit Assou-Ekotto

Dan Smith

Danny Gabbidon

David Wright

Digao

Frankie Simek

Gary Borrowdale

George McCartney

Gokhan Zan

Habib Beye

Ibrahima Sonko

James Cullingworth

Jan Tauer

John Mensah

Jon Otsemobor

Jonathan Fortune

Jonathan Zebina

Jose Manuel Casado Bizcocho

Joseph Yobo

Kenny Strickland

Kerrea Gilbert

Khalid Boulahrouz

Lucas Neill

Marco Zoro

Marek Cech

Mariusz Lewandowski

Matteo Ferrari

Milan Stepanov

Oguchi Onyewu

Pablo Ibanez

Richard Dunne

Richie Byrne

Sammy Traore

Samuel Inkoom

Stephen Kelly

Steven Mouyokolo

Stuart Parnaby

Takura Mtandari

Tamas Kadar

Timothee Atouba

Titus Bramble

Tony Lochhead

Valentin Iliev

Yassin Moutaouakil

Midfielders

Aaron Mokoena

Abdul Razak

Alieu Darbo

Amine Linganzi

Anthony Annan

Carl Hoefkens

Charlie Barnett

Conor Hunte

David Prutton

Dean Sinclair

Dwayne Mattis

Eddie Malone

Eric Mouloungui

Ferne Snoyl

Fode Mansare

Francis Duran

Franco Semioli

Gaby Mudingayi

Gary Teale

Gavin Williams

Georgios Fotakis

Guy Moussi

Hatem Ben Arfa

Jason Lampkin

Jermaine Jenas

Jimmy Kebe

Jiri Jarosik

John Eustace

Jonathan Biabiany

Jonathan Greening

Julian de Guzman

Julian Gray

Kevin Nolan

Khalifa Cisse

Lee Cook

Luke Chadwick

Mahamadou Diarra

Mark Fotheringham

Mark Gower

Miguel Perez Cuesta

Mikele Leigertwood

Morgan Amalfitano

Nery Alberto Castillo

Nick Carle

Oscar Sielva Moreno

Otman Bakkal

Papa Bouba Diop

Patrick Olsen

Peter Leven

Rabiu Ibrahim

Rachid Bouaouzan

Ravel Morrison

Robbie Foy

Rohan Ricketts

Ronaldinho

Rudi Skacel

Rudolph Austin

Ryan Smith

Sammy Clingan

Seyi Olofinjana

Stephen Hughes

Tiago Filipe Gomes

Tim Vincken

Tommy Miller

Wilson Palacios

Yoann Gourcuff

Strikers

Aaron Spear

Adriano

Afonso Alves

Andre Martins

Andy Gray

Andy Johnson

Angelos Charisteas

Antonio Cassano

Artem Milevskiy

Aruna Dindane

Ben Hutchinson

Calvin Zola

Carel Tiofack

Carlo Costly

Ched Evans

Cherno Samba

Collins John

Craig Fagan

Dean Morgan

Derek Riordan

Djibril Cisse

Emmanuel Adebayor

Filip Sebo

Freddy Eastwood

Goran Slavkovski

Hugo Almeida

Ivan Klasnic

Jeroen Lumu

Jo Kuffour

John Utaka

Liam Dickinson

Luca Scapuzzi

Luke Rodgers

Luton Shelton

Mamadou Niang

Marlon King

Matt Lecointe

Mohammed Tchite

Nathan Eccleston

Nene

Nicolas Mazzola

Nikola Zigic

Patrick Agyemang

Patrick Ogunsoto

Paul Taylor

Robert Flik

Robert Mirosavic

Rory Fallon

Rowan Vine

Sam Parkin

Shola Ameobi

Stephen Elliott

Steve Howard

Tim Vincken

Walter Pandiani

• Upvote 5

Remember when we used to pay 10 mil for the likes of Alonso?

Or indeed remember when this same transfer committee, more or less, bought Coutinho and Sturridge who drove our charge up the table under Suarez. Sure, okay, five or six complete duffer transfer windows since but they had it once, they used to be something.