You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wimbledon 2015

Mendoza

Some fantastic footage of a roof closing now.

Is this what we pay our license for, this and for our children to get fingered by DJs?

Andrew Castle to Henman and Roddick...."guys can you guess how many tennis balls could you fit in the Centre Court when the roof is closed" .

Was it Richie Benaud who said about commentating "if you have nothing constructive to say just say just say fuck all"

Watched a bit of the ladies wheelchair final. Fuck me that is fitness. They were brilliant. If you've never seen it have a look, amazing.

Didn't realise they played wheelchair tennis, fair play and yeah that takes some fitness. Great to see people overcoming their disabilities and becoming ace (no pun intended) at something.

Guest Pistonbroke

Watched a bit of the ladies wheelchair final. Fuck me that is fitness. They were brilliant. If you've never seen it have a look, amazing.

Aye, Wimbledon are also bringing in wheelchair singles as of next year, it is nice to see them being recognised. 

I caught the end of the men's. Like you said, amazing. It should have been given more attention by the beeb. Nothing second class about what I saw

I love Wimbledon but I really hate the way so much of it isn't about the tennis anymore, especially at the mens final. It's a major social event these days where everyone wants to be seen. I always get the impression at least half of the people in the crowd don't even care for tennis, they just want to have a selfie taken with them dressed up sipping champagne. The BBC spent half of yesterday's match spotting celebrities in the crowd and showing us which hangers on had got into the royal box this year.  It's like the tennis is a sideshow. None of these people will watch the US open or be able to tell you who won the French open which was only a couple of months ago. I really couldn't give a fuck if Hugh Grant and Bradley Cooper are in the crowd. David Beckham's there? Cause he fucking is, he's everywhere. 

Anyway, there was some great tennis this year. Really wanted to see Federer win it one more time but he looks like he's still got a couple of years left in him. Djokovic is a machine though, if his body can maintain this level of fitness then he could probably win 5 more Wimbledon's himself, never mind the other 3 grand slams.

• Upvote 1

I love Wimbledon but I really hate the way so much of it isn't about the tennis anymore, especially at the mens final. It's a major social event these days where everyone wants to be seen. I always get the impression at least half of the people in the crowd don't even care for tennis, they just want to have a selfie taken with them dressed up sipping champagne. The BBC spent half of yesterday's match spotting celebrities in the crowd and showing us which hangers on had got into the royal box this year.  It's like the tennis is a sideshow. None of these people will watch the US open or be able to tell you who won the French open which was only a couple of months ago. I really couldn't give a fuck if Hugh Grant and Bradley Cooper are in the crowd. David Beckham's there? Cause he fucking is, he's everywhere. 

Anyway, there was some great tennis this year. Really wanted to see Federer win it one more time but he looks like he's still got a couple of years left in him. Djokovic is a machine though, if his body can maintain this level of fitness then he could probably win 5 more Wimbledon's himself, never mind the other 3 grand slams.

I missed the men's final but I'm confident that Beckham got more screen time than either Federer or Djokovic.

I saw the story about Lewis Hamilton this morning and you have to wonder about people sometimes. Wimbledon is shown every year and it's become more and more common to show all the celebrities and attention seekers in the crowd. All of whom are at least dressed smartly even if most of them are cunts, thus making it obvious that there's a smart dress code. Why else would you wear a suit and tie when it's fucking hot and sunny? So what does he do? Turn up sporting the rejects from Pharrell Williams' wardrobe, the daft cunt.

• 7 months later...