You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

Do you know when you have a wank and you try to see how far you can lob your load to, but you are never realistic and it travels about a hundredth of the distance you think you could have got, and only goes about 2 feet if you are lucky?

Well that's Sterling kicking a ball his whole life.

We've all had that one odd wank load superblast that completely caught us by surprise though. 

raheem-sterling-goal-norwich-city-liverp

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Sterling is a fucking fraud living off half a good season. He has no end product and is shit scared to use his pace to pass a RB as he knows his crossing is shite. Cut back in and lose the ball or run it out of play most of the time, at least those silly cunts at City paid us a fortune for the useless fucker. 

I was watching a french football show and the pundits were calling him the english Lucas (as in the PSG player) and they were saying it in a really negative way. It's funny that a lot of people seem to rate Lucas (having not seen that much of him) and thinking he's this dream signing when he's being compared to Raheem Sterling by many french pundits.

I was watching a french football show and the pundits were calling him the english Lucas (as in the PSG player) and they were saying it in a really negative way. It's funny that a lot of people seem to rate Lucas (having not seen that much of him) and thinking he's this dream signing when he's being compared to Raheem Sterling by many french pundits.

Being compared to Raheem Sterling isn't necessarily a bad thing. He's not a bad player, he just doesn't seem to have developed much this year. I would've rather if he had stayed with us, as I still think he could be a very very good player. In terms of talent I think the only players in the club who could match his are Sturridge and Coutinho. I don't think Lucas is going to go for £49m... If he's as good as Raheem and say he cost half that, then that would be a decent purchase.

We've all had that one odd wank load superblast that completely caught us by surprise though.

One swallow does not a summer make.

You are right. I did manage to get one about 14 feet before but like Sterling's goal, it was a once off and never likely to recur.

He was better than - or atleast at Suarez' level in the final few months of that season. People have awfully short memories. A "shite" player does not reach the levels Sterling did in that stretch and then also proceed to register two seasons after that of 11 goals and 10 assists.

Complete and utter bollocks.

• Upvote 4

Utter drivel. What does my post have to do with FSG? I didn't even mention them. I think the harsh Mogadishu sun has totally fried your brain, Nightcat, mate.

Nightie is a pale ginger from Glasgow pretending to be a big-dicked Somalian pirate. He couldn't find Mogadishu even if he had Google maps. 

• Upvote 1

His price tag has a lot of people saying 'he's still young, he's got so much potential'...

It's bollocks, he's bollocks.

He's probably 8m player.

Can see Guardiola giving a fair chance, then fucking him off. I hope I'm wrong, and he comes good, but just can't see it. 

Even at £8m he's shite.

The only thing he has going for him is his nationality. If he was a "dirty foreigner" and someone had spent £8m on him he'd be classed as a failure. The fact someone spent £50m on him, and is giving him £200k per week or whatever, is disgusting.

Sterling is miles faster than me, I can run the 100 in about 5 minutes so no argument there, but:

1. I can read the game miles better
  2. I can trap the ball miles better
  3. I can tackle miles better
  4. I can cross the ball miles better (with either foot)
  5. I can pass the ball miles better (with either foot)
  6. I can head the ball miles better
  7. I can shoot miles better (with either foot)

Gonna sack my fucking agent.

I agree hew a decent young player who has age on his side. I think it's nonsense to suggest he's an £8m player but it's much more ludicrous for someone to have paid £49m for him.

He might improve under Pep, or, slightly more likely, be replace by a much better player who'll cost significantly less.

• 2 months later...

Does his performance at the weekend suggest a change in fortune for Raheem?

He has started well this season.

A few weeks ago one forumite in particular, who is quite knowledgeable, had this to say on the summer transfer thread:-

I think Sterling will thrive under Pep.  He'll get inside his head and bring calmness to his game in front of goal.

He has started well this season.

A few weeks ago one forumite in particular, who is quite knowledgeable, had this to say on the summer transfer thread:-

I remember that quote mate and I agree. Guardiola is an ideal manager for Sterling and I think he could kick on this season. Double digit league goals is a successful season for the lad and is well ahead of target to achieve that. Way too early to be writing him off.

• Upvote 1