You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

Interested to see how he develops playing for Pep, despite being only 21 he's got decent technical ability and is adaptable, lost count of the number of positions he played in for us. My money is on him having a great season next year, we'll see how it goes I guess.

He's a talented player no doubt, but he's changed his game since his move, not sure if it's for the better. He doesn't run at defenders anymore. His play is a bit more 'mature' I suppose, but I feel that's taking away his best asset.

• 1 month later...

What's fucknuts doing these days anyway? Doesn't seem to be pulling up any trees. Still can't believe we got that much for him. 

Been nursing a groin injury for a few weeks. He'll be coming back soon. I personally think Pellegrini has handled him well. Hasn't burnt him out by playing him too much, gets plenty of rest but I think the people at City know he his a relatively key cog in their best 11. Think Guardiola will love him too as he's really put a focus on pace and quickness in his time at Bayern with guys like Coman and Costa and Sterling certainly gives him that.

All in all, it's been a pretty decent first season for him there. 11 goals and 10 assists and that's with him missing plenty of guilt-edged chances. It's still a big if, but if he improves his finishing he'll be putting up world class numbers pretty soon.

Sterling is a good player. Not sure how anyone especially Liverpool fans can say otherwise since we all saw how well he did for us. Yes he was poor for large parts of his career but when Rodgers found the best position for him, he excelled, especially when playing with Suarez and Sturridge,

Whether he's worth £50M I don't know but I'm not complaining about the money we got for him. I think he'll become better under Pep. He might be a horrible little shit but he's got massive potential. 

For City De Bruyne is a far far more important player for them.

He has genuine end product with both goals and assists and if you were to ask anyone who watched city play this year between him and Sterling who was the 50 million player i don't think anybody apart from aidy ward and sterling's ma would say it was Sterling.

• Upvote 1

His peculiar running style, narcissisticly wank hairstyle decisions, spastic goal celebration, spectacularly cuntish choice in agents and conspicuos lack of loyalty all mark him out to be a massive log churner but when it comes down to it he is actually quite a decent player. If Pip can help him sort out his finishing he will be very good but fear not, seeing him turn into the finished article still won't be enough to stop the bile and vehemence from bubbling up when I see the little mushroom stroker play against us. 7 /10 so far. Could do better. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sterling could still be a top player especially with Guardiola on his way

Silly to pretend otherwise IMO

Do you seriously think Guardiola will waste his time on the little shit because I dont. He'll be seeking a move to landarn by the end of next season.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

The fuck is wrong with him? Really disappointing performance from him tonight...

There's nothing wrong with him but he just isn't the next big superstar he was billed to be. His movement is good but he doesn't have the ability when the ball is at his feet.

Aside from 10 games in 2014 he's never been an effective player.

There's nothing wrong with him but he just isn't the next big superstar he was billed to be. His movement is good but he doesn't have the ability when the ball is at his feet.

Aside from 10 games in 2014 he's never been an effective player.

He used to dribble past players for fun for us.

• Upvote 1