You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

Hahaha. Some absolute beauts follow us,

Ridiculous. You know how bad it is when people are blaming him for the Reus goal. To decide you were going to pin that on him, and not the sleeping full-back you really do rather reveal a bit of an underlying personal issue you have with the man.

I think he was at fault for all three goals, he kept them onside each and each time. I like him as he seems very passionate about the club, but I don't think he's a very good defender. No "underlying personal issue" just disagreements about football.

I think he was at fault for all three goals, he kept them onside each and each time. I like him as he seems very passionate about the club, but I don't think he's a very good defender. No "underlying personal issue" just disagreements about football.

It's fine that you don't rate him. The problem is that you blame him for every goal we concede when he is on the pitch. To tell you the truth, it's pretty tedious to read your posts about the guy.

I'd love to see you coach him how to deal with the Aubameyang goal. It would be quite the sight. Given that he's got one of the fastest players in the league running in behind him and Reus playing probably the best pass of the night through to him (with us wide open in midfield after just losing the ball).

The higher a line he holds the more space Reus has to get the pass into it behind him (and he loses that race - every, single, time). I think he can try and come more central to make the pass go outside him, rather than inside him, but either way he's firefighting a dangerous situation against a great passer and a great runner. And he is an inch away from stopping it in the end. He holds the line earlier there it's an easier chance. All day long. The forward is timing that run to stay on regardless of what he does.

The first. I agree. He's the only one moving like but yeah, he can get out there if he's on his toes.

The third. Not a fucking chance. The risk he's taking in trying to step out there is giving Aubameyang a tap in from a Reus pass if he times it even slightly wrong, or if Reus bends his run to react. It's on Clyne, Lovren for getting sucked in and not passing his man on and on the midfield giving Hummels all the time in the world.

• Upvote 3

It's fine that you don't rate him. The problem is that you blame him for every goal we concede when he is on the pitch. To tell you the truth, it's pretty tedious to read your posts about the guy.

I blame him for the goals I think he's responsible for. Feel free to block me if you find my posts tedious.

The weird thing is, I don't even think Sakho is an outstanding, consistent defender but find myself defending him more often than any other player because the criticisms of him, compared to other players, are usually far more flimsy and wrongheaded than with any of the other players.

You've got over 100 posts in this thread slagging him off Ardja. Half your posts in the match thread last night were slagging him off, including one that came in the middle of everyone else praising him for a great block. That's why many people think you aren't objective about him. It's getting a bit boring reading how he's at fault all the time even when he clearly isn't to be honest.

Anyway, just because someone is deeper doesn't mean he's at fault for all the goals. I'd say he's definitely too deep for the first but I don't think you can put much blame on him for the other ones. It's not like the whole defense stepped up to play offside and he never, Lovren just steps up way too early and gets drawn to the ball as he often does. He's deeper than Aubameyang for a reason, i.e he's one of the fastest players in the world. I'll just repost this that I said earlier in the Lovren thread.

Their second goal was just a very good one from them, but if I had to pick a problem with it then it would be Reus running through our midfield. The second goal also shows the danger of playing a high line that Aubameyang can run behind as he's lightning so I think Sakho is in the right position here for the third for marking him but Lovren got sucked in and should have been level with Sakho and he would have got to Reus. But again that's just a very well worked goal. I doubt Sakho can see that ball getting played from his position to step up and it caught Clyne cold. Sometimes you just have to say it's a good goal.

CgB5-zGWwAAZVQl.jpg

• Upvote 1

You've got over 100 posts in this thread slagging him off Ardja. Half your posts in the match thread last night were slagging him off, including one that came in the middle of everyone else praising him for a great block. That's why many people think you aren't objective about him. It's getting a bit boring reading how he's at fault all the time even when he clearly isn't to be honest.

Anyway, just because someone is deeper doesn't mean he's at fault for all the goals. I'd say he's definitely too deep for the first but I don't think you can put much blame on him for the other ones. It's not like the whole defense stepped up to play offside and he never, Lovren just steps up way too early and gets drawn to the ball as he often does. He's deeper than Aubameyang for a reason, i.e he's one of the fastest players in the world. I'll just repost this that I said earlier in the Lovren thread.

I don't rate him as a very good defender. When you play a flat back four, I would've thought you're always told to hold the line. 90% of the time, if the rest of the defenders push up, and you don't, and you play the attackers onside, it's on you. Sami was absolutely brilliant at it, you often saw him stepping up just at the right time, I'm afraid Sakho doesn't possess the ability to read the game half as well.

I don't rate him as a very good defender. When you play a flat back four, I would've thought you're always told to hold the line. 90% of the time, if the rest of the defenders push up, and you don't, and you play the attackers onside, it's on you. Sami was absolutely brilliant at it, you often saw him stepping up just at the right time, I'm afraid Sakho doesn't possess the ability to read the game half as well.

Holding the line and pushing up are two different things. Direct opposites. 

If one CB comes out of the line, like Lovren does, you cannot just run out with him. It's nonsense. As is the 90% of the time idea. Everything is situational, especially if you are a front foot pressing team playing against a fluid, dynamic forward line.

Clyne should switch on and make sure any pass has to go outside him. That's the issue. 

• Upvote 1

Look at that picture. The rest of the defenders haven't held a tight line and pushed up, Lovren is well ahead of Clyne. He's got sucked in and if anyone is at fault for fucking the defensive formation up then it's him. I genuinely don't think you understand how you hold a line and play offside as a team. Sorry if that seems patronising but you learn early on when you actually play footy that you have to hold the line as a team not just follow one maverick who steps up much too far. I'm pretty sure he's acting on the demand of Klopp to stand off Aubameyang to counteract his pace. The one time he never really did that he ran in behind and scored.

Saying that, it's just a really good goal as is the second one.

I understand that Lovren pushed up too high.. I wasn't suggesting that he followed the man furthest up the ground, that would be daft. He could've made a couple of steps up to be in line with Clyne, then that goal wouldn't have happened.

He was two meters behind Clyne, if he had stepped up, then Reus would've been offside!

Or just held his run, or ran along the line, or if Clyne decides to run back at the point you run forward leaving a certain goal from a cross.

I love how if Clyne had turned and kicked it in the net you'd be asking why Sakho didn't come over and tackle him.

Clyne gets in position, that's how the goal doesn't happen. After that it's all about how other people are covering for him and trying to bail him out of letting them in on goal.

You seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that forwards alter their runs as defenders move. Reus can see the whole line and there's no pressure on the pass. He's going to be onside, pretty much regardless. Because at worst he's making a run off a large red traffic cone stood in front of him with Clyne written on it.

I understand that Lovren pushed up too high.. I wasn't suggesting that he followed the man furthest up the ground, that would be daft. He could've made a couple of steps up to be in line with Clyne, then that goal wouldn't have happened.

As the ball is played Reus is just running past Clyne and Sakho has got Origi in the way of the pass. It's nearly impossible for him to spot that and move up in line with Clyne as Reus is running onto it. As Stu says, Reus has a better look at the line than Sakho as he doesn't have Aubameyang to contend with.

Hummels from that position only had one pass to make, Sakho also had a clear view of Reus, who was sprinting pass Clyne (if my memory serves me correctly). Would've been easier for Sakho to react, than it was for Reus to adjust his run.