You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We're not winning the title this year

WhiskeyJar

What killed us this season was City/Chelsea double header with virtually every other team playing easy fixtures. We would have been better choosing which fixture we can realistically win and then resting players for the other fixture because not only did we pick up zero points we lost key players to muscle damage.

For example if we had rested players vs Chelsea we would have been no worse off points wise but we would have had the likes of Allen and Sakho available for the Villa game. All hindsight of course because no way would Brendan throw a game for the benefit of long term fitness.

Very questionable logic, particularly when you consider we were robbed in both those games, particularly against City where we more or less dominated them.

Rodgers is taking the pressure off for the arsenal game. If we beat the others at home we have a massive chance as we are not in the cl. The others have some very tough fixtures too. We have done our pissing about v brom and villa- we need to deliver. We need to be smashing swansea and fulham after arsenal but those are the games i have been worried About this year!

Rodgers is taking the pressure off for the arsenal game. If we beat the others at home we have a massive chance as we are not in the cl. The others have some very tough fixtures too. We have done our pissing about v brom and villa- we need to deliver. We need to be smashing swansea and fulham after arsenal but those are the games i have been worried About this year!

Even United will smash Fulham this week, they are fuckin wank!

Liverpool Football Club - overachieving at fourth place in the league.

Pretty grim.

What mojo said is spot on though, at the start of the season most on here and myself included said a proper challenge for fourth this season would be good progress.

The villa and west brom games have ended our chances of the title imo but we can still get fourth which would be a very good season.

Its high time we beat someone good under Rogers, thats the acid test for me.

Spanked shit teams at home - tick

scored lots of goals and got a decent goal difference - tick

Reguarly take point off other members of the top 4 - x

We've got Arsenal, City & chelsea at home; 5 or 6 points out of those and im a very happy camper

We've got Arsenal, City & chelsea at home; 5 or 6 points out of those and im a very happy camper

I'd say Everton are pretty good to be fair 

If only we spanked Everton 4-0 at home and slapped Spurs 5-0 away. Oh, and beaten last years champions 1-0 without our best player, the team Arsenal lost to and Chelsea couldn't beat.

If only.

• Upvote 2

Everton are good but there best players do not brlong to them.

I can see them keeping some but not all

They'll probably keep Barry but Deulofeu and Lukaku will both go back to their clubs, they may get Lukaku for a second season though

I'd take Deulofeu if we could get him in the summer

Mancs Everton and spurs don't count then? Plus we drew twice with city and twice with Chelsea last year, once with Arsenal. It's not as if we haven't been punching our weight against the teams around us.

He's absolutely correct but with less injury problems and some investment in the transfer window I reckon we could have realistically pushed for third rather than probable fourth at best.

We have great attacking quality but i believe our midfield makes our defence look much worse than it probaby is.

Changing Gerrard's role and shrewder substitutions could still help us stay in the mix for the rest of the season though.

I'd like to see Gerrard and Coutinho compete for the third striker/deep attacking mid and hold the other back on the bench.

We have no bench impact options at present so we need to create one or two.

• Upvote 3

Brendan Rodgers insists he has not lowered Liverpool's ambitions after ruling his side out of the title race and is determined to land a top-four finish.

Liverpool occupy fourth place in the Premier League, but are eight points adrift of leaders Arsenal and Rodgers admitted earlier in the week that it's 'too early' for his team to win the title.

He has since clarified these comments by admitting the Merseysiders are not satisfied with their current position and a Champions League place remains a top priority this season.

"Well it's certainly the objective," said Rodgers. "I think that the position we've been in for most of the season means that we're fighting and we're up there.

"I was asked a question yesterday in terms of the title and I gave an answer that I felt was an honest answer. It doesn't mean that we're any less ambitious.

Rodgers - Every match matters

"We want to finish as high as we possibly can, but certainly being in that top four is a key objective for us."

Rodgers admits he needs more new signings in the summer if Liverpool are to mount a sustained challenge for top spot next season.

"I think we'll need to strengthen the overall squad and looking to obviously introduce more quality, but it's only natural," he said.

"The players have been brilliant this season in terms of what they've produced, with what we have, and we just look to continue to develop the squad and I think when we do that then we can be there."

My problem isn't missing out on targets. Shit happens, not exactly science, etc.

My problem is nogatiating for a player for weeks and weeks rather than moving on to the next target if it looks like we can't do business in a timly fashion. The transfer window is a month long and we ARE allowed to conclude business early. 

My problem is attempting to finalise a signing on transfer deadline day (what happened to the other 30 days). If the deal falls through there is literally no time left for other options.

My problem is them going for the more expensive (better?) option after the first option falls through. You go for the better option first, that's why they are the better option.

All water under the bridge now and we have to just get on with it.

• Upvote 1

My problem isn't missing out on targets. Shit happens, not exactly science, etc.

My problem is nogatiating for a player for weeks and weeks rather than moving on to the next target if it looks like we can't do business in a timly fashion. The transfer window is a month long and we ARE allowed to conclude business early.

My problem is attempting to finalise a signing on transfer deadline day (what happened to the other 30 days). If the deal falls through there is literally no time left for other options.

My problem is them going for the more expensive (better?) option after the first option falls through. You go for the better option first, that's why they are the better option.

My problem is that we have that incompetent idiot Ayre still employed at the club doing the negotiating, riding his Harley, quite literally, through the corridors of Anfield.

My other problem is that we have tight cunts owning the club who haven't got a pot to piss in, but who will make you believe they are the fucking Rockefellers of the footballing world.