You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

On 09/06/2022 at 23:03, AngryOfTuebrook said:

UB40 pre-Labour of Love were superb.

Madness made some of the greatest singles of my lifetime.

Viva la Vida is a smelly fanny-candle of a song.

UB40 were certainly much better than you say and One in Ten was a brilliant social commentary,but post Labour of Love wasn't a very high benchmark! But slagging off Madness is,errr....madness.

On 10/06/2022 at 09:44, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I think it's the Premier League goal of the season.

There’s another one we scored after about 30 passes, which I really liked, but it was a long season and I don’t remember who it was against.

I really can't be arsed with the news and gossip next season if he's going to run his contract down. He'll be getting linked to all sorts of twat clubs. 

Would much rather see him given the two year contract which has been mooted, let him cause havoc with Diaz and Nunez and win the lot next season, and THEN leave. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Anubis said:

Highly sceptical about that list, as how the fuck would they know who gives what? 

I'm not doubting that Mo has given what he has, but most famous people giving to charity do it anonymously so there'll be others who 'should' be on that list but aren't. 

For example, we only found out about all the random stuff George Michael was giving away to everyday people after he died, because they were all told not to say anything.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, dave u said:

For example, we only found out about all the random stuff George Michael was giving away to everyday people after he died, because they were all told not to say anything.

Yeah, it was a bit irresponsible of them to let that rumour get out. Some might say it’s a… 

Careless Whisper

• Upvote 8

13 hours ago, Anubis said:

Idiotic tweet from @Partedbeard. People talk about Salah being greedy because he at times chooses to go for glory when a pass is the better option for the team. Nothing to do with his behaviour off the field. 

11 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Idiotic tweet from @Partedbeard. People talk about Salah being greedy because he at times chooses to go for glory when a pass is the better option for the team. Nothing to do with his behaviour off the field. 

No, he has been called greedy because of perceived wage demands. 

29 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, it was a bit irresponsible of them to let that rumour get out. Some might say it’s a… 

Careless Whisper

Hope your facial expression was something like this for the punchline: 

2B217973-269F-44EF-9300-22934AD4D777.jpeg

38 minutes ago, dave u said:

Highly sceptical about that list, as how the fuck would they know who gives what? 

I'm not doubting that Mo has given what he has, but most famous people giving to charity do it anonymously so there'll be others who 'should' be on that list but aren't. 

I do a huge amount for charity but I never draw attention to it. 

41 minutes ago, dave u said:

Yep. I agree with that.

7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

When you are already being paid circa 300k a week and want more its hardly surprising. Not that he's not one of many of course.

Well, generally rich people like getting richer. And football is also an unusual case because it is a short career and you can only maximize earnings when the going is good.

I know if most of us were in his shoes, we certainly won't be looking for a wage cut after winning a 3rd golden boot and multiple player of the year awards in 2022. The club owners are extremely rich people who also strive to make 10x their purchase price of Liverpool, so I won't begrudge a player wanting a slice of that action.

• Upvote 1