You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Slot won't have much say on it. It will likely be sorted before he even properly starts work. Edwards will have sounded out his age and if he's off will likely have spoken to the Saudis about a fee. It won't be close to last year's fee and I suspect rather than make them wait and drag it out for a extra 10ml or so we will agree a deal quickly so it's not a issue for Slot and we can start bringing players in. 

The worry will be if Summerville type is viewed as a replacement and not a squad player because there no guarantee he will score enough goals. We have lost plenty of goals in the drop off from Mane to Diaz and Nunez league total is in Bobby range so another drop off from Salah to another 10-12 goal winger is massive

1 minute ago, redinblack said:

Your last sentence is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

And if he would take the piss out of anyone connected with LFC, to a TV camera, my point stands, he can get the fuck out, regardless of what he may do

Remember when Mane kicked off on Klopp after the Chelsea game?

Or when he refused his handshake after we beat Utd 4-2?

No?

Me neither I had to google them.

Just now, Dicko said:

Remember when Mane kicked off on Klopp after the Chelsea game?

Or when he refused his handshake after we beat Utd 4-2?

No?

Me neither I had to google them.

Compare to a smart arse comment directly to camera? Yeah ok.

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Slot won't have much say on it. It will likely be sorted before he even properly starts work. Edwards will have sounded out his age and if he's off will likely have spoken to the Saudis about a fee. It won't be close to last year's fee and I suspect rather than make them wait and drag it out for a extra 10ml or so we will agree a deal quickly so it's not a issue for Slot and we can start bringing players in. 

The worry will be if Summerville type is viewed as a replacement and not a squad player because there no guarantee he will score enough goals. We have lost plenty of goals in the drop off from Mane to Diaz and Nunez league total is in Bobby range so another drop off from Salah to another 10-12 goal winger is massive

If the system is good, you probably don't need someone who scores a million goals. You can spread the goals around. City before Haaland, Arsenal now.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

If the system is good, you probably don't need someone who scores a million goals. You can spread the goals around. City before Haaland, Arsenal now.

Who are you relying on to actually take the chances though. Especially if your plan is champions league football. 

Jota never fit and can you put money on any of the rest to guarantee you goals?

It's a lot of goals and assists to lose without a top quality replacement. The system can only do so much when the players can't finish. Admittedly if the system means we stop conceding first it might go a fair way to stopping that. 

Obviously depends who we sign aswell. 

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Who are you relying on to actually take the chances though. Especially if your plan is champions league football. 

Jota never fit and can you put money on any of the rest to guarantee you goals?

It's a lot of goals and assists to lose without a top quality replacement. The system can only do so much when the players can't finish. Admittedly if the system means we stop conceding first it might go a fair way to stopping that. 

Obviously depends who we sign aswell. 

I think we have to see who we'd sign and what the combinations of players we can put on the pitch are. With Mané-Firmino-Salah, you just knew it made sense.

It's going to be way harder with Diaz and Nunez and their finishing, among other things is obviously a problem but the mindset if they're there has to be that it's a fresh start next season. 

Salah > Summerville for me is a massive downgrade you've got someone who scores 20 + goals a season for 7 season record breaker to a kid who scored 19 in the championship for a team challenging for the title, no way in a million years is he scoring that amount or Salah amount in the premier league.

14 hours ago, coachpotato said:

Salah’s reaction was that of someone who had already spat his dummy out, for whatever reason, and he seemingly saw his arse for being dropped and then apparently took his time about getting on to the pitch, when required to go on, which pissed Klopp off.

No doubt Salah felt he had every right to object, but to give out that level of disrespect publicly to a coach who has been instrumental in him being the player he has become (note, not currently is) deserves all the criticism that comes his way.

Klopp also has the right to feel aggrieved at the way Salah, and others, have let him down, particularly recently, but at least he tries to maintain support publicly for those who are, through their fickle form and profligacy giving his legacy the worst possible ending.

I think, regardless of his many achievements at Liverpool, Salah has, ultimately, always put himself front and centre, which many will say is something all superstars have to do to achieve their goals, but which I believe can be detrimental to the common goal in a team environment.

When that selfishness outweighs its contribution to the teams good, it’s time to get rid before it does more damage than good.

This is the bottom line.

F3Tu1_0WUAEWBLL.jpeg.jpg

20 hours ago, The Guest said:

He’s always been loose with the ball and a shit finisher.  

Always been a shit finisher?

Let’s not rewrite his history because he’s spat his dummy out. 346 games 210 goals, a goal every 132mins. Dont score that amount of goals if he’s a shit finisher. Clinical in his 1st season (17-18)… 44goals.  This season, his finishing hasn’t been great but in his 6 season he’s scored 30 or more in 4 of them. Shit finisher? C’mon? 

2 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Always been a shit finisher?

Let’s not rewrite his history because he’s spat his dummy out. 346 games 210 goals, a goal every 132mins. Dont score that amount of goals if he’s a shit finisher. Clinical in his 1st season (17-18)… 44goals.  This season, his finishing hasn’t been great but in his 6 season he’s scored 30 or more in 4 of them. Shit finisher? C’mon? 

He's not a shit finisher but somewhat erratic, and that's mindblowing for somebody with so many goals to his name. No coincidence that the goals have dried up as the chances have diminished. He is now a player that will still finish but needs others to carve out those chances rather than him doing it as well. I'd also say that that AFCON has fucked him up in so many ways and it would be no surprise if he is still injured to a degree.

7 hours ago, Scott_M said:

If he can influence it in anyway (which he might not be able to), what do we think Slot does with Mo? 

Assuming he signs a new contract, keep / build a side round a player who might be starting to decline? 

Decide it’s time to cash in and build a side around a younger player(s)?

If Slot is a decent manager, and it's a big IF, then he'd already be on the phone to Rami and telling him to find his client a new club before he arrives.  

It's been a while since we've been in this position around new managers Vs player power, but we forget how toxic it can be. 

I was listening to John Terry being interviewed  by Simon Jordan, and Terry explained what happened under various managers at Chelsea, and we forget that it's a long list.  Vialli, Ranieri, Grant, Ancelotti, Mourinho twice, Villas Boas, and Benitez. In each case, the success of the manager was intertwined with their popularity with the established players, these being Terry, Lampard and Drogba. 

I don't want that.  And Mo should be sent packing before Slot even gets here. I'd also cash in on Virgil, and I'd move along Thiago, Adrian, who are also seen a senior players within the squad.  

A new manager has to have complete control and player buy-in. 

2 hours ago, Dicko said:

He performs in the next three games never mind next season it will be forgotten.

I mean Diaz is actively trying to get to Barca should we drop him as well?

No, I want a decent fee for him, we don't want to seek like we're desperate to offload.  

7 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

He's not 29. He's on the arse end of his career and he's trying to bully the new manager before he comes in. I'm the star here, you need to keep me on side. He's been dropped a few times in this run in. He's chosen to wait until the new manager looks signed and sealed before acting up. What he did after the game was calculated. That is the aspect that was unforgivable to me. 

Don't see that at all.  Because I think he knows he's going.

7 hours ago, Scott_M said:

He’s likely still hacked off at the game and not getting to play. We don’t know what Klopp said to him. 

I agree his comments after the game are petulant & unprofessional, I’m not happy about it. I’m can’t see the jump to it being a veiled message to Slot. 

Of all the things not to be happy about lately, Salah have a pop at Klopp is not in the top 10.

19 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Of all the things not to be happy about lately, Salah have a pop at Klopp is not in the top 10.

To camera it absolutely is. Regardless of whether Jurgen is on his way or not it was an absolute cunts trick. We shouldn't have that, fuck them off, whoever it is or how good they were a couple of years ago