You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

might as well have his own thread now so people can come slag him off after his first error

On a serious note not entirely sure how I feel about it, didn't see him play much in the season just gone but the season before that I thought he looked past it, albeit had a very good game when they beat us 3-0 at the Etihad, however from what I've heard from City fans he was pretty good in the season just gone when he played, perhaps Fanchester can give us a bit of info on his recent performances?

Anyway if he does perform to a good level it is certainly a signing that makes sense, we need some experience in the defence, he is on a free so hopefully means we'll be still in for top young defenders if/when Skrtel/Coates go and he has captained his previous clubs as well as having won a number of trophies which is something we'll miss with Carra and Pepe gone/likely to go

so anyway welcome aboard Kolo!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to post in this thread as jsims is a complete whopper. Pretty happy with this. A couple of weeks back I was convinced that we were signing the hapless Ashley Williams. Toure, even though past his peak, is miles better than him. The only worry is whether or not he can get back to full fitness. If he does he should do well.

He's a league champion with 2 clubs in this country. He's played more than 400 games in England and has played international football over 100 times.

Oh and he only turned 32 couple of months ago.

With Carra leaving it was vital we replaced him with someone experienced. This signing ticks every box in my opinion.

[YOUTUBE]xE5rVIubAJc[/YOUTUBE]

Good video just to remind some people of his quality.

Was that old Highbury in those clips?

As someone else has said, if it means we're not going after Ashley Williams, then I'm happy. I said in the transfer thread that I was unsure how we would use him, but if he's back up to a younger defender, bringing his experience into the dressing room, then I'm all for it.

Guest ShoePiss
Was that old Highbury in those clips?

As someone else has said, if it means we're not going after Ashley Williams, then I'm happy. I said in the transfer thread that I was unsure how we would use him, but if he's back up to a younger defender, bringing his experience into the dressing room, then I'm all for it.

How would this rule out Konchesky 2.0? Like yourself I'd be happy if it does but I don't really understand the logic.

How would this rule out Konchesky 2.0? Like yourself I'd be happy if it does but I don't really understand the logic.

surely the only reason to bring in Ashley Williams over a younger, better defender such as the others we have been linked with would be to have a leader with experience amongst our defenders which we now have in Kolo

It has also been rumoured the Williams deal was vetoed by the transfer committee due to age and price but Toure was an exception on the age policy due to being on a free

Shrewd move as Ian Ayre decides to tap new markets.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcd_qxnTWCDKY3kUL_KHZiiMbq6SAl4YmS_1dfZNFHkRL2DpS9

One thing I did notice is quite a few of the city players were carrying an extra bit of timber so hopefully more of a city thing. Surprised especially as Italian coaches are normally hot on that type of thing.

Guest ShoePiss
surely the only reason to bring in Ashley Williams over a younger, better defender such as the others we have been linked with would be to have a leader with experience amongst our defenders which we now have in Kolo

It has also been rumoured the Williams deal was vetoed by the transfer committee due to age and price but Toure was an exception on the age policy due to being on a free

No idea why we were looking at Williams, he's shit.

Guest San Don

Strikes me as having his best days behind him. Depends whether we see him as a fixture in the first team or as back up.

Will be interesting to see how he performs. Is he the vocal type rodgers said he wanted at the back?

This last season, most City fans feared the worst when we had to call on Kolo... but he surprised us all.

He can still play a full 90, and has a footballing mind that's certainly above average - but to be fair, he needs it.

He clearly has weight issues (as does his brother I'd say), but as a squad player, I think he's a very decent addition.

If Liverpool are relying on him week in week out, I think it's a poor move, but if he's played sparingly and wisely, then I think it's a great move.

I've assumed it's a free transfer (I don't know the details, but it's been known he's going from City for months), and I expect the wages aren't too horrific (he'll be glad to move to another top team imo).

Clearly, he's not the future of Liverpool, but he's decent cover for next season. After that? - I'd hope Liverpool would have secured a better (with a longer future) replacement.

For me, it's an intelligent and relatively cheap move by Liverpool (again, assuming he's on a free).

No idea why we were looking at Williams, he's shit.

I don't think he is shit, he would have done a job for us as 3rd/4th choice which is what Toure will be imo but would have in no way warranted the fee we would have had to have paid for Williams, add to that he seems a bit of a cock too