You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will Liverpool ever win the league again.

TheHitman

Thats a fair point.

I don't watch anywhere near enough European football to identify targets from certain leagues or clubs.

I've always followed the career of Shawcross as I know some lads from Flint that used to play with him, plus I think he's a tough character that would add a bit of steel to our backline and he may well decide to quit Stoke now that Pulis has gone.

Me neither anymore.

One thing i do remember is during the last Euros thinking that young Greek CB looks pure class, blatent talent no doubt about it, i really really hope we get him.

I know its hard but we all need to show a bit of patience and not fly off the handle just yet and see where we are at the end of the summer, we made 2 brilliant signings in Coutinho and Sturridge and from the rumours we are definately looking at going down the same path as those 2 with the likes of the young Greek, Eriksen and even Begovic who young for a goalie.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm certainly not accepting mediocrity, I simply dont think Rodgers have it in him to win the league, I've come to the conclusion after having witnessed him and us under him for a full season.

Wait...What?!!!...Your judging his future Liverpool career after only one full season in charge? FUCK-ING-HELL!!!

This just about sums up everything that is wrong with the modern day football fan. Impatient fucking bellend.:telloff:

Guest davelfc
Wait...What?!!!...Your judging his future Liverpool career after only one full season in charge? FUCK-ING-HELL!!!

This just about sums up everything that is wrong with the modern day football fan. Impatient fucking bellend.:telloff:

Just as tiresome is this kind of outrage.

We need four centre backs that are all capable of being first choice, if we are ever going to move forward. United have Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Smalling, and Jones, City have Kompany, Lescott,Nastasic and Richards Chelsea have Luiz Cahil, Terry and Ivanovic.

We do not have the financial muscle to operate the way those clubs do. Hence we need to make do with a smaller squad.

Just as tiresome is this kind of outrage.

Why is it tiresome?

I was brought up as a red to back the manager, to give them time to get their ideas across and sign the players they needed to make the system work. Not to right off someone or bitch and moan when we didn't gain instant success within their first season.

Guest davelfc
Why is it tiresome?

I was brought up as a red to back the manager, to give them time to get their ideas across and sign the players they needed to make the system work. Not to right off someone or bitch and moan when we didn't gain instant success within their first season.

So with your logic Hodgson would still be our manager?

I don't ever actually remember being brought up to support the manager, always the team. The manager gets the backing of the fans purely by being the manager, this can change otherwise mangers wouldn't get sacked would they?

If you're not happy with reading others opinions without resorting to faux outrage then I suggest forums are not your thing. It is as tiresome as the other extremes.

So with your logic Hodgson would still be our manager?

I don't ever actually remember being brought up to support the manager, always the team. The manager gets the backing of the fans purely by being the manager, this can change otherwise mangers wouldn't get sacked would they?

If you're not happy with reading others opinions without resorting to faux outrage then I suggest forums are not your thing. It is as tiresome as the other extremes.

Hodgson was an exception. I was all for backing him until he opened his trap criticizing the fans for their protests against Hicks and Gillett add to that the shite he came out with in his pre and post match interviews.

I was also brought up to back the team as well. To back the team and the manager. The two went hand in hand. And as for sacking managers that's something that other clubs used to do not us. We used to give our managers time. Graeme Souness was the first one since shanks took over and even he was given over 3 years to try and get it right.

And i'm entitled to my opinion, If I think people like code are being impatient and not giving our current manager a chance then i'll say so o.k? Now if that annoys you or you find it tiresome just fucking ignore me. I don't give a shit.

Guest davelfc
Hodgson was an exception. I was all for backing him until he opened his trap criticizing the fans for their protests against Hicks and Gillett add to that the shite he came out with in his pre and post match interviews.

Wait...What?!!!...Your judging his Liverpool career on half a season in charge? FUCK-ING-HELL!!!

This just about sums up everything that is wrong with the modern day football fan. Impatient fucking bellend.

What's your point? They have all finished comfortably above us. The major reason why Man U have been so successful is their previous manager.

Do you honestly expect us to compete with Chelsea and Man City next season?

No, not next season.

What I do expect us to do, though, is to consistently improve the use of the resources we have.

Just an example: I thought last summer that someone like Kagawa is exactly the kiind of player we needed. A central midfielder (though Utd do not play him there) with great movement and an eye for goal.

Now, bearing in mind how shite we were, he was never going to choose us over Utd, but he may well have chosen us over Dortmund in 2010, when Dortmund paid 300,000 euros.

We have been terrible in getting the best out of what we have got and that is what I am concerned about.

Whether that will be enough to win the league even in the médium term, I have no idea and do not really care, it is not something we can control. We can only control what WE can do.

Wait...What?!!!...Your judging his Liverpool career on half a season in charge? FUCK-ING-HELL!!!

This just about sums up everything that is wrong with the modern day football fan. Impatient fucking bellend.

Haha nice try.

I stated quite clearly Hodgson was and exception to the rule. He was rude, arrogant, disrespectful towards the fans, had little understanding about the history, size or stature of this club(likening us to the size of fulham) disrespectful towards the Scandinavian press and the countries of Norway and Denmark imparticular and continually putting down our first team and reserve team players. He just did not fit.

You know all this anyway. Your just being an silly now.

Guest davelfc

Please keep us updated on your exceptions so we know where we are. I wouldn't want to start thinking you were a hypocrite too.

We have been terrible in getting the best out of what we have got and that is what I am concerned about.

Whether that will be enough to win the league even in the médium term, I have no idea and do not really care, it is not something we can control.

I have a pretty good idea. It's nowhere near enough.

I'm more than happy if we can claw our way back into the top four. I reckon that's going to be quite a battle in itself.

Chelsea and City were both pretty mediocre last season. There's no reason why we can't compete with them next season even if they do buy a few new players. There's no player they can get that is suddenly going to make them invulnerable.

Please keep us updated on your exceptions so we know where we are. I wouldn't want to start thinking you were a hypocrite too.

I knew I would get that sort of response from you.

Couldn't care any less what you thought of me tbh.

Chelsea and City were both pretty mediocre last season. There's no reason why we can't compete with them next season even if they do buy a few new players. There's no player they can get that is suddenly going to make them invulnerable.

Both clubs have squads that are vastly superior to ours. Imo, Man City has the best squad in England.

You are in for one hell of a disappointment next season if you think we'll be able to compete with them.

The original poster asked will we ever win the league again.

To answer that i'd say it's ridiculous to say we won't win it again.

When that might be is, as we've seen in this thread, debateable.

We are building towards that goal at present, so it'll take time if it's going to happen under the present regime.

I think it's very possible that FSG will get us into a position wherein it's possible a rich person or persons might be interested in taking us on further to challenge more realistically and they'll make FSG an offer they'll accept.

So to answer the question, yes, we'll win it again.

PS, what the fuck is that advert for MUTV doing on this site?

We all want to win the league, but building a team takes a bit of time, especially on a budget like ours.

Rafa was a big fan of the Rinus Michels way of doing things, but it seems BR has a different approach, and I like the way he has gone about things so far.

We've had a few fuckups and teething problems, but it's not the end of the world.

(a lot of IF's in this part)

If we can get our business done early, IF we can get a solid pre season, and IF we can make a good start to next season while waiting for Luis to come back, there's no reason why we can't push for a top 4 place next season.

In turn, this would allow us to strengthen again, and then push on a bit more.

It might take a bit of time, but I have confidence in BR.

Both clubs have squads that are vastly superior to ours. Imo, Man City has the best squad in England.

You are in for one hell of a disappointment next season if you think we'll be able to compete with them.

I don't think they are "vastly superior" by any sane measurement. If we bring in the right players then we can compete at the top end of the table. The league will be a lot more open and unpredictable next season.

Also, it isn't simply about having the best squad of players on paper. If that was the case then both City and Chelsea would have finished above Utd last season.

I don't think they are "vastly superior" by any sane measurement. If we bring in the right players then we can compete at the top end of the table. The league will be a lot more open and unpredictable next season.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. Time will tell.

Also, it isn't simply about having the best squad of players on paper. If that was the case then both City and Chelsea would have finished above Utd last season.

I never said it was. I doubt anyone would disagree that mr. Ferguson was a main reason why Man U hoovered up title no. 20 this season. Which is why I seriously doubt they will defend it next season.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. Time will tell.

True. Of course, I'm not being serious when I say that I think we'll win the league next season. Pre-season optimism just part of the enjoyment of football for me. I don't understand people who follow football when it appears to leave them in a constant state of misery (that's not directed at you btw.)

At the end of the day we have shown in recent seasons that we can beat the top sides and out-play them fairly consistently. What we have, in my opinion, is more of a psychological barrier that prevents us maintaining a level of consistency that would see us challenge.

I never said it was. I doubt anyone would disagree that mr. Ferguson was a main reason why Man U hoovered up title no. 20 this season. Which is why I seriously doubt they will defend it next season.

Agreed. It's also worth remembering that City will have a new manager with new ideas that may take time to bed in, and Mourinho isn't necessarily going to have the same success at Chelsea as he had the last time.

If it's an open race at the top and our front 3/4 continue their recent form then there's no reason why we can't have a very good season.

You want Ryan fucking Shawcross for £15m and you are having a go at the manager for accepting mediocrity?

You say signing Kolo Toure a player of vast experience on a free transfer is accepting mediocrity. Then you want us to become the laughing stock of English football?

I'll tell you why we would become the laughing stock of English football. Shawcross is a Manchester United reject. There is not a chance in hell of Liverpool ever paying £15 million for a Manchester United reject. Baconface sold him for £2 million.

The person that said Zaha is better than Sterling. Raheem Sterling was playing premiership football at 17 years old. Zaha scored 1/3 of the goals Tom Ince( A liverpool reject) scored in the championship.

Don't give me this guff that Liverpool want to buy Ince back. That's media nonsense. Liverpool used this as a bluff tactic to generate other interest. There is a reason for this, if any club pays a large fee for Tom Ince, Liverpool get 35% of any profit made.

Supposing Tom Ince joins x club for £12 million, Liverpool get 35% of £11.7 million. The reason being Liverpool let him go for £300,000.

You say signing Kolo Toure a player of vast experience on a free transfer is accepting mediocrity. Then you want us to become the laughing stock of English football?

I'll tell you why we would become the laughing stock of English football. Shawcross is a Manchester United reject. There is not a chance in hell of Liverpool ever paying £15 million for a Manchester United reject. Baconface sold him for £2 million.

The person that said Zaha is better than Sterling. Raheem Sterling was playing premiership football at 17 years old. Zaha scored 1/3 of the goals Tom Ince( A liverpool reject) scored in the championship.

Don't give me this guff that Liverpool want to buy Ince back. That's media nonsense. Liverpool used this as a bluff tactic to generate other interest. There is a reason for this, if any club pays a large fee for Tom Ince, Liverpool get 35% of any profit made.

Supposing Tom Ince joins x club for £12 million, Liverpool get 35% of £11.7 million. The reason being Liverpool let him go for £300,000.

Peter Beardsley.

Fucked off by utd.

Might be time to revise that opinion.