You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Beautiful film moments

Section_31

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was brilliant.

As was the end of Benigni's Life is Beautiful, along with about half-a-dozen other moments in it. I was sobbing like a child at the end of the film, too embarrassed to leave the cinema for about 15 minutes.

This, and the end of Cinema Paradiso, and Spirited Away.

Also

[YOUTUBE]tA3dzBrXYtc[/YOUTUBE]

The straight story is one of those films I have wanted to see for ages but never gotten around to it. Think its on lovefilm.

Just do it mate.

In many ways, The Straight Story is Lynch's "forgotten movie", but in many ways it's also his greatest movie.

Richard Farnsworth and Sissy Spaceck are phenomenal.

Some corkers here, would agree with the Bladerunner scene but add in the first scene as well, and the Third Man is just brilliant!

This isn't the scene I was thinking of - can't find the final scene but this is a great film, with some wonderful scenes.

[YOUTUBE]YQnqTjhv1h8[/YOUTUBE]

Here's one for the real cinema geeks and kung fu lovers. An old Maya Deren experiment, in terms of what it sees in the violence is well ahead of it's time (If you're going to give it a go, stick with it).

26ZZ1h4onUg

I love this stuff, Meshes of the Afternoon is probably her best work though.

Fuck it, while I'm at it...

tLtdCWrpM90

DyLHedkQbCw

That last one starts slowly but the middle section is batshit awesome. A must for Lynch fans.

By the way, found Grave of the Fireflies on youtube:

Lr8BB2H9WIg

Won't be right seeing it on a computer with poor compression, but if you're interested turn it up and watch full screen.

Here's the dubbed version for the philistines.

eKPOrXbV_08

Warning: american accents give the film a surreal irony.

Chaplin was awesome, the Kid comes to mind for me.

KX5jijK90F4

Modern Times is a beautiful film as well.

lMyDYyg0FBA

Best moment in the whole film for me is the throwaway backheel of an apple through an open window in the idyllic picket-fenced fantasy sequence. Just a tiny moment of pure Chaplin. Genius.

Here's one for gkmacca, although no sign of Finlayson in this one. Along with Star Wars and Disney's Robin Hood this is probably the film I watched the most as a kid. Three well worn out VHSs, I knew every advert verbatim, let alone the films.

X-84jOEmCf4

here's a scene from Standy By Me that always hit a chord with me, Great film to

[YOUTUBE]jrcThCKEI2Q[/YOUTUBE]

Forrest Gump going to Vietnam, i was going to put up Bubba dying, but that nearly made me cry. At least this one is quite humours, and a top scene to

[YOUTUBE]J1eBS8avHrg[/YOUTUBE]