You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Django Unchained.

Captain Turdseye

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. The pics was half empty as well because I imagine aa lot of people were put off venturing out in the snow, so that was pretty sound.

Anyway, yeah I thought it was. The whole cast was superb. I think you can tell actors really enjoy working under Tarantino because he writes such fantastic dialogue. The speil Di Caprio gave with the skull on the table, in particular, was outstanding.

The one minor criticism I have is to do with Tarantino's cameo. I think that part could have been done a lot better and he should have just been told 'No, you can't fucking act. Fuck off and do what you do best.'

Boss film though. I was literally crying with laughter during the KKK scene.

I don't think anybody's seen it yet CT, I've definitely not seen every cunt on here discussing it for the past week or so, no sirree, not in the rate the last film thread, nope not there.

What's it like?

If I was to venture into that thread for the first time in months, I'd disagree with the people saying that it's on for too long. Then I'd rate it at 9/10.

The amount of times the N-bomb is dropped is crazy though, I'm surprised there isn't more outrage from the PC brigade.

The N word.

The press in the USA have gone on about nothing else for weeks now. But there all nut jobs over there.

The film was far to long. Sammy Jackson was fantastic as the uncle tom. I was aware of just how long it was, but could not say the same for Zero 30 which was a similar length.

I got it yesterday. Legally of course I borrowed my mates delorean drove to blockbusters and picked it up. Might watch it tomorrow.

Aha! Caught you out! Blockbusters will no longer be in business when DU comes out on DVD.

Seen it and didn't even realise the length of the film. SL Jackson is a complete cunt in it and that German dude from Inglorious Basterds is very good as well. They got the right guy to play Django.

Christoph Waltz is probably my favourite actor. Ever.

If you get the chance to see Carnage, do so. I must warn you that's it absolutely nothing like Django Unchained or Inglourious Basterds.

Christoph Waltz is probably my favourite actor. Ever.

If you get the chance to see Carnage, do so. I must warn you that's it absolutely nothing like Django Unchained or Inglourious Basterds.

Yeah, Carnage is very funny. All 4 actors are great in it to though to be fair. Love Jodie Fosters passive aggressive Mom !

Watched it last night, and thought it was disjointed, overlong and firmly stuck up it's own arse. Also why did every single gunshot wound result in seven gallons of blood?

I was a bit disappointed.

Because it's a typical Tarantino overly stylized film.

Not sure it's deserving of the gushing love it's getting at the moment

Thought it was entertaining and fairly good. 7/10. I can see why people wouldn't like it, though. I didn't have a problem with the length of the movie, but I did think the dialogue wasn't as razor sharp as it usually is in a Tarantino film, even a little forced at times.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I thought it was fucking brilliant, personally.

Yeah, I really liked it. I don't think it was as good as Pulp Fiction, but we can't really hold everything up against that. It was really good though. That said, I like everything Tarantino has done, with the exception of Reservoir Dogs.

Was going to stay out of this thread because I had already posted in the other one but what the hell.

I think, well used to, the Tarantino is ace. Pulp fiction is one of the best. Love reservoir dogs, Jackie Brown etc, he has not done much wrong.

This however is pushing it for me.

It is as if he thought I want to make a Western starring all my usual actors. What shall I write? Rather than writing the story and then picking the players.

''Waltz is going to be in it so I need loads of over emphasised dialogue. Loads of blood catchy music Samuel L jackson needs to be in I so I will need a black character, I don't care if he adds nothing to the story just shoe him in. Oh and me I want to be in it don't forget me but I want to badly act as a South African bounty hunter or something.''

Too may stupid plot points to list them all. Like since when could a slave get on a horse and ride off like John Wayne.

Tarrantino is selling the brand and making tons of money simple as that.

Yeah, I really liked it. I don't think it was as good as Pulp Fiction, but we can't really hold everything up against that. It was really good though. That said, I like everything Tarantino has done, with the exception of Reservoir Dogs.

I'm sorry, but this cannot be ignored.

What the fuck???