You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Im quite surprised they removed your comment if that's what you posted.

It's word for word what I posted. I was very surprised, hence me coming to this thread to point out what a sack of cunt-steam they are, and how it's quite worrying that they are considered the flagship of transparency and fairness.

The other 1,000 comments are totally free of barbed racist and cheating slurs, I'm sure.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's word for word what I posted. I was very surprised, hence me coming to this thread to point out what a sack of cunt-steam they are, and how it's quite worrying that they are considered the flagship of transparency and fairness.

The other 1,000 comments are totally free of barbed racist and cheating slurs, I'm sure.

Just had a look and the comments are up to over 1200 now. Only looked at the first page and most of it is a row between posters about LFC and Man United! I think prompted by the appointment of Webb for Sundays game.

I had a look at the "house rules" and honestly believe it would be hard not to contravine them in some way, certainly some of the comments I read I would consider at least offensive to someone (scousers mostly).

Joke the BBC are sometimes the way they pick and choose what articles you can leave comments on. Nothing at all wrong with your comment Funnneeeee.

Lawton is having a shocker with this one. He has a new article comparing him to Messi and is saying that Messi is an ideal role model and would never cheat like Suarez. The daft cunt has clearly never seen this, the manc prick....

[YOUTUBE]frnyf666z0s[/YOUTUBE]

Surprised to read this from the bald cunt Barclay, in the London Standard.

It is not an attractive habit but Luis Suarez always celebrates by kissing his wrist — there was no attempt to rub salt in Mansfield’s wound and for the Uruguayan to be portrayed as a villain when he appeared to handle unintentionally was unfair. It also drew attention from the Blue Square club’s second-half display, as boss Paul Cox implied. He was impressively mature. The spotlight should fall on more such men.

It's all the natural conclusion of the victory of the Austrian School of Economics in the 80s 90s:

Editorial: And it's Hayek. Hayek to Suárez. Goal! - Editorials - Voices - The Independent

Editorial: And it's Hayek. Hayek to Suárez. Goal!

Amid the fallout from Luis Suárez's controversial winning goal for Liverpool in their FA Cup tie against Mansfield Town on Sunday, we have – regrettably – not learnt whether the Uruguayan striker numbers the economist and philosopher Friedrich Hayek among his influences. For it was Hayek who compared the market to a game in which "there is no point in calling the outcome just or unjust".

Beloved of Margaret Thatcher, Hayek took the view that the duty of the powerful to help those less powerful – for which one might read a leading Premier League team such as Liverpool and a non-League one such as Mansfield – was minimal. He would have seen Suárez's hand make contact with the ball immediately prior to the goal, and said, "Tough". Or something very like it.

Mansfield felt cheated. We recommend trying to be philosophical.

Ridiculous.

'It is not an attractive habit but Luis Suarez always celebrates by kissing his wrist'

Exactly what did Barclay mean by that? As it is the tattooed name of Luis' daughter that he kisses on his wrist, if I am correct? Which would, in light of the evil South American persona created by the media and gullible public, be one of the most attractive things about him- a family man.

'It is not an attractive habit but Luis Suarez always celebrates by kissing his wrist'

Exactly what did Barclay mean by that? As it is the tattooed name of Luis' daughter that he kisses on his wrist, if I am correct? Which would, in light of the evil South American persona created by the media and gullible public, be one of the most attractive things about him- a family man.

That is a pretty odd thing for the Picard look-alike cunt to say. What's unattractive about kissing your wrist?

It's now become a fucking joke and this prick deserves a good hiding...

Luis Suárez should be given a job in the Cabinet. He’s the footballer who’s been called a cheat, after he handled the ball just before scoring a goal for Liverpool in the FA Cup, and experts are undecided as to how he should be dealt with. And you can see the difficulty, because with such a brazen attitude towards cheating, he ought to be running one of our major institutions.

Suárez appears to have grasped how society’s rules have changed. Under the old system, if you cheated you hoped you weren’t caught. Now you don’t mind getting caught, you just announce that cheating isn’t really breaking any rules, and carry on. Football is only a reflection of that society.

So in his next match, Suárez could place the ball in a Sherman tank and drive it through the goal, flanked by marines who assassinate the opposing goalkeeper. His manager would say, “I can’t comment as I didn’t see the incident, but his first touch was astounding”. Match of the Day would debate whether the commandos were interfering with play. And after he’d scored 60 goals this way, the Football Association would set up an inquiry, in which Suárez would say he couldn’t recall ever playing football in his life. The inquiry would propose a limit on the number of tanks in each half but this wouldn’t be implemented as Suárez would be outraged at the restrictions on his freedom.

Or he could learn from the Deputy Prime Minister, by pledging to abolish handball at all times in every way, including by the goalkeeper, with fines for anyone who even carries the ball to the ground. And then spend the next match throwing balls in the goal, before announcing: “I’m really, really sorry to have made such a foolish promise. I’m sure you’ll understand that from now on I’m going to do this in every match.”

Maybe the first part of each footballer’s training now is to study the banks. The coach says: “This lot were caught bringing the whole economic system down, but did they bother looking sheepish? No, they insisted on an extra bonus as it would be even harder clearing up the mess than it was causing it. If they can do that after causing a global recession, you can do it after diving in the box.”

As the attitude towards cheating is so similar in different fields, football pundits should be regular guests on the news. So Alan Shearer could say: “You can see from this angle, the police have definitely falsified 116 documents, but the ref hasn’t blown the whistle so they’ve got away with it.”

Some commentators suggested that Suárez should have owned up to his foul, but with the modern rules, even if he’d announced on the Tannoy, “I punched that ball in the goal ha ha ha”, the referee would have let it stand, but suggested at some point in the future someone should set up a self-regulating body made up of prominent figures from the handballing community.

Luis Suárez's handball: Cheating isn’t cheating if you don’t think it is - Comment - Voices - The Independent

Pretty fucking obvious what the prick is getting at here.

Disgusting.

Disgusting.

I have been fairly ambivolent to most of the negative shit coming our way. It was inevitable and the more extreme reactions such as that coming from that Champion knob have been largely put down however if this prick is using Hillsborough to make his point then he really does need reporting to the press complaints commision. Frankly quite shocked when I read that,

I felt the need to call him a cunt on twitter.

@mrmarksteel - incase you want to do the same

Quite liked Mark Steel and found some of his stuff quite decent but there again I used to quite like Alan Davies until he opened his fucking gob without engaging his brain.

Quite liked Mark Steel and found some of his stuff quite decent but there again I used to quite like Alan Davies until he opened his fucking gob without engaging his brain.

I have no idea who he is, but that is lazy sensationalism at its most outright offensive best.

I hope he gets loads of shit for that. He deserves to.

I have no idea who he is, but that is lazy sensationalism at its most outright offensive best.

I hope he gets loads of shit for that. He deserves to.

Left wing stand up comedian and columnist. Been on Buzzcoks and Have I got news for you. Done couple of series on Radio 4. Hails from Sarf London

As you say lazy and offensive and deserves load of shit for his efforts.

Disgusting.

I think you should take a breath, calm down, and read it ALL again.

It's an attempt at humour, not at the expense of Hillsborough, or even Suarez, but of society in general. It was a poorly chosen reference point to include Hillsborough, but I don't think it was done in a way to intentionally offend.

I dont even think he was saying that Suarez was a bastard, he was more having a go at those people who insisted that he apologised. Like he says, Suarez could have screamed at the camera that it was a hand and it was a foul, but in all likelihood the referee would still have brushed him aside and given it.

I am amazed this is still going.

Kuis chanced his arm and giot away with it, on other ocasions he hasn't and has been booked, you win some you lose some. The publicity may jeopardise the next decision going his way, but we got through, and that's it.

Jesus lads. Read the actual piece will you. It's a comment on modern life and how people are getting more wound up by this then stuff that actually should matter. If anything it is saying that there should be a lot more baying for blood over the Hillsborough cover up.

Of course, instead we're going to get 20,000 twitter warriors calling him a prick and threatening him with violence, while everyone else gets to sit and laugh at more hysterical bullshit. Great.