You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What's the deal with Tom Ince?

RoyHodgeGone

Has it not occurred to anybody that Appleton might be posturing to make the club look good? What the hell is he supposed to say? "Yep, that's right, we've agreed to sell our best player before the window has even opened. I'll have a look at replacements once the cheque's cleared."

Just take whatever is said in football with a pinch of salt. Fact is, nobody knows what's going on.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigurdsson? I think' date=' to really push on, we need to sign a top class 9 & 10 in the summer. Llorente and Eriksen will do, ta.

----------Lucas----Allen

------------- Eriksen

Sturridge---llorente---suarez

Easy peasy[/quote']

You could put Messi in in front of them, a team with Lucas and Allen in midfield will not be a success. I'm not trying to get at Allen but its obvious what he is, and him and Lucas are to similar

Lively first half from Ince, should have had a goal and an assist.

Wolves right back is really struggling with his pace, and positioning i guess.

He is clearly a more than decent player with potential to become a star. Why we ever let him go is beyond me. Only typical of our transfer acumen over the last decade +. It's become common place for our club to screw itself in the market with little help.

He is clearly a more than decent player with potential to become a star. Why we ever let him go is beyond me. Only typical of our transfer acumen over the last decade +. It's become common place for our club to screw itself in the market with little help.

Don't know how many times it's been said, but he turned down several contract offers, making him the best paid player outside the first team, and he wanted gurantee's of first team football in the contract. So it was pretty much out of the clubs hands. He's developed a lot since moving.

Don't know how many times it's been said, but he turned down several contract offers, making him the best paid player outside the first team, and he wanted gurantee's of first team football in the contract. So it was pretty much out of the clubs hands. He's developed a lot since moving.

It's hard to believe that given the number of fuck ups we have made in the transfer market. It would be reasonable to disbelieve that an 18/19 yr old would demand such terms.

Put it this way - for all our fuck ups there's a story to "justify" it. Carroll, Aquilani, Diouf, Downing etc etc

That said maybe I am wrong and we have simply been 'unlucky'.

It's hard to believe that given the number of fuck ups we have made in the transfer market. It would be reasonable to disbelieve that an 18/19 yr old would demand such terms.

Put it this way - for all our fuck ups there's a story to "justify" it. Carroll, Aquilani, Diouf, Downing etc etc

That said maybe I am wrong and we have simply been 'unlucky'.

We made some horrible deals over the years, especially these last 3 years.

But Ince leaving is not one of them.

Just watching Blackpool vs Wolves.

Wolves have had 3 shots, scored 2 ( one from a dodgy penalty) and Blackpool have had most of the position, hit the woodwork several times and had some great saves made by the Wolves goalie.

Tom should feel right at home with us

Yeah was thinking the same.

Seriously though, he was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch. Looks a really good prospect, only second or third full game i've seen with him, but he's stood out every time.

He was kept out by two good saves and overhit a pass just slightly or he'd have had an assist. Caused Wolves problems as soon as he had the ball around their box.

He's certainly come on some that's for sure.

Should have had at least one goal tonight from what I saw.

Question however being whether this would be a good piece of business for us or whether we just shit ourselves when we heard Utd were sniffing around him?

Blackpool's best player, fantastic highlights reel, rumoured United interest, where have we heard this one before?

Every transfer is a bit of a gamble, but on tonight's evidence again he looks a quality footballer. We still lack pace and goalscorers and he ticks both those boxes, albeit a division down.

If anything, I'd read his wanting to move away from us to a smaller club to prove himself as a positive in terms of his character, particularly given that we were offering him very decent terms to stay.

You could put Messi in in front of them, a team with Lucas and Allen in midfield will not be a success. I'm not trying to get at Allen but its obvious what he is, and him and Lucas are to similar

I think you're going a bit far with this Allen thing now, tbh. He's a quality footballer, as most people seem to agree, but you're making out that he belongs in the conference. It's hard to fathom why you've taken such a stance on such a young, quality footballer. I thought you never wrote young players off, anyway?

I like Tom Ince, and would like to see him here, i just have one problem though.

We have sooo much depth at our front 3, but not enough little quality. We need quality starters, not youngsters who might break into the first team. We already have Suso, and Sterling for that.

We need quality players who the youngsters can lean on.

But sure, bring him in instead of Joe Cole, and i will not complain.

Sigurdsson? I think, to really push on, we need to sign a top class 9 & 10 in the summer. Llorente and Eriksen will do, ta.

----------Lucas----Allen

------------- Eriksen

Sturridge---llorente---suarez

Easy peasy

Sigurdsson isn't a 10 imo. Bergkamp, Litmanen, Totti are 10s.

I like Tom Ince, and would like to see him here, i just have one problem though.

We have sooo much depth at our front 3, but not enough little quality. We need quality starters, not youngsters who might break into the first team. We already have Suso, and Sterling for that.

:wow:

For each first team position, you really need 3 players with injuries and all the games we play in the modern game. A first teamer with real quality, a backup, and then a younger player with good potential will suffice for the third most times.

Right now we have Suarez, and maybe Borini that fit the "real quality" standard, being generous. Sterling will be there in a year or two, right now he should be a backup. So, "real quality": Suarez, Borini Backup quality: Assaidi, Sterling, Downing?. Third choice quality/potential: Suso, Cole.

We are short at LEAST two players for the front three, and maybe more if Cole or even Downing are sold. And that's being generous and assuming that when Borini is fit he develops into the kind of player that can start for a top-4 side. We're cutting and pasting right now and playing Enrique and Shelvey further forward to make it to January, but we are far short of the depth we need for those positions.

I think our starting front 3 when all are fit will be:

Borini--------------------Suarez---------------------Sturridge

we also have suso, sterling, ince if we sign him and downing if he is staying

sturridge and borini will be able to play centrally when suarez needs a rest.

while borini is injured ince could start as he offers more of a goal threat than suso and sterling.

there'll be good competition now among those really young lads.

I'm not convinced downing will still be here at the end of jan despite what BR said yesterday.

We have plenty of options and they're all quite versatile. We are starting to look quite strong.

I imagine it'll be Pacheco that goes to Blackpool, although it'd be nice to see how Morgan did at that level.

Or Ibe maybe, though he's probably a bit young yet...

We certainly have options, and especially so if Ince and Sturridge arrives. Though i still think we lack top quality. That potential is there with Sterling, Suso and Ince, however it might be a few years yet before they deliver in the prem like they have at youth, reserve and championship level. If we are being honest, to reach a top four place we need immediate impact after the january window. Think Sturridge have the head, as in arrogance/determination and ability to do so right away. But we really need 3 players to go into double figures during the campaign.