You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Swansea Carling Cup match thread

fowler9

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a very thin squad, Results like this are to be expected. So far BR has done more good than bad. It was always going to take time,

We're going to see performances like this again this season. I hope we don't sack BR even if we don't win anything or even if we don't qualify for Europe at all. If not we'll become one of the mediocre teams who sack their gaffer once or twice a year.

Patience lads, patience.

I don't get it with Downing and Cole and a few others.

If I was a boss of a firm, and some of my employees were producing obviously poor work ever single fucking week, then I'd reprimand them or seek to dismiss them.

It's not a clever idea for Rodgers to defend obviously shit players, that's all I'll say. We, the fans, are the ones asking for Rodgers to be given time, but I'll start to reconsider that if he starts trying to convince me that players like Downing and Cole are CL quality players. Show them the door Brendan, don't treat us like fucking idiots, we've grown up with great players.

I don't get it with Downing and Cole and a few others.

If I was a boss of a firm, and some of my employees were producing obviously poor work ever single fucking week, then I'd reprimand them or seek to dismiss them.

It's not a clever idea for Rodgers to defend obviously shit players, that's all I'll say. We, the fans, are the ones asking for Rodgers to be given time, but I'll start to reconsider that if he starts trying to convince me that players like Downing and Cole are CL quality players. Show them the door Brendan, don't treat us like fucking idiots, we've grown up with great players.

If BR was the leader of a coporation, this would be like giving the two worst employees the key note speech at an international conference. Homer Simpson and Gareth from the Office, and your career is probabaly hanging on it. Do the right thing, BR, and send them down to the basement to look for the long-stand.

We have a very thin squad, Results like this are to be expected. So far BR has done more good than bad. It was always going to take time,

We're going to see performances like this again this season. I hope we don't sack BR even if we don't win anything or even if we don't qualify for Europe at all. If not we'll become one of the mediocre teams who sack their gaffer once or twice a year.

Patience lads, patience.

These performances have been going on for over twenty years now.

It has happend to every manager we have had since Kenny left the first time.

Know matter who is the boss and whatever style of play and tactics we use,this ability we have to be totally shit against mediocre or worse teams seems to be embeded in the club.

We can look world beaters one match and then next match they all play like Downing.

I like Rodgers and what he is tryng to do here.

I just dont think he is going to get the sort of backing he thought he would here.

Any cash for new players he wants apart from 10 to 15 million maybe a season, he will have to get from selling players.

Theres quite alot of the younger players emerging from the academy etc who have a real high potential.

Them players will be the rest of his funding.

Even the likes of Luis being sold would not bring in the sort of money his talent is worth.

We would make about 10 million tops on what we got him for.

The likes of Cole,Downing,Carroll and Henderson up to a point are going to be practically impossable to sell and if somebody does buy any,we wont get anywere near what we paid for them.

So he is going to have no option but to sell the likes of Sterling and Suso and that is what the owners plan on to.

They laid ot there plans for the club at the start.

I have a horrable feeling the one chance of turning things around quickly has gone when we spunked all that money on shite and mediocre players.

I'm sure Joe Cole is a sound lad but if he is picked again Rodgers should be sacked. I like Rodgers but if his judgement is that skewed then he is not fit to manage our club. Joe Cole would struggle to get into our masters side, would you pick him ahead of Ray Houghton or Paul Walsh? Fitness levels are about the same but these 2 at least have talent. If our entire January transfer budget went on paying that fat cunt off then I'd gladly do that.

This is a swansea team who lost their best central midfielder (Allen), best attacking midfielder (Siggurddsson), best winger (Sinclair) and a very good young center back (Caulker) in the close season. They were without their first choice Goalie, Left Back, Right Back and their main striker.

They should have been bummed and bummed hard.

Guest ShoePiss
I agree. If we stop playing at all, things will look a whole lot rosier.

We'd be unbeaten from now on. Sounds like a plan.

Everything is great.

This is a swansea team who lost their best central midfielder (Allen), best attacking midfielder (Siggurddsson), best winger (Sinclair) and a very good young center back (Caulker) in the close season. They were without their first choice Goalie, Left Back, Right Back and their main striker.

They should have been bummed and bummed hard.

Pablo Hernandez and Michu are hardly poor replacements. And our full strength side including Lucas and Reina couldn't beat them last year. What are you basing this theory on?

Where can you start from? The idiotic owners? That clueless poser who pretends to be a CEO? The players? or the manager who thinks he's coaching Colchester? There is no plan and there is no belief in the club at any level. Just Remember this club was in the Champions League final in 2007, not that long ago. Strange eh? Goodnight.