You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton fans

dravid

As I said before, those cunts haven't got a leg to stand on when it comes to that chant. They all try and hide behind the 'it's not about Hillsborough' bullshit. Fact is, the whole stadium sung it in retort to the Villa fans singing 'Justice for the 96' earlier this year. There's no doubt what they mean when they sing it.

It's a snide, shithouse chant. They know full well the meaning of it. It's good to see they're finally getting pulled on it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact is, the whole stadium sung it in retort to the Villa fans singing 'Justice for the 96' earlier this year. There's no doubt what they mean when they sing it.

Bingo. They think they're being clever by saying it's not a chant about Hillsborough, but that day they left no room for doubt.

Audioboo / Man Utd fan Francis made some very heartfelt comments about Hillsborough chanting at Old Trafford >>

Great link this. Just goes to prove they're not all scum but sadly it's always the retards who let a club down.

Decent, that. Maybe he'd like to have a word with the lying fucktards at "MUST" who claim the chants were referecing Suarez & Evra when they've been singing the exact same chant at us for years. Fucking scum.

I'm also sick to death of hearing about this "tiny minority" of their fans who come out with these chants. They join in with chants like this one en masse.

A lot of United fans on forums/comments sections are coming out and vilifying the chants yesterday. Rightly so.

However, one thing that sticks in the throat is the complete revisionism and perversion of the truth that some United fans are exhibiting when vilifying these chants.

Example one - It's not about Hillsborough. It's about Evra and Suarez. Sorry, but that's bullshit. Even the argument that in the current context, it can be interpreted as being about Hillsborough. Again, that's bullshit. That song IS about Hillsborough. I know it, you know it, THEY know it. The apologisers are now trying to say it's not to mitigate the potential damage it may do to their reputation. Just look at the words of that chant:

"ALWAYS the victim, it's NEVER your fault."

The words of the song clearly show that it relates to more than just one event - Always, never. Their argument that it's not a song that refers to Hillsborough simply doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Example Two - It was a small minority. A small minority in a 70 odd thousand crowd wouldn't be as audible as it was yesterday. Granted, it wasn't the whole stadium, but the number singing it was clearly in the thousands. Not a minority.

Example Three - The mock outrage. As above, it's a song that references Hillsborough. I think that's beyond denial. So, there has been a lot of outrage by United fans. Where was that outrage during the match itself? If it was the minority, why did the disgusted majority acquiesce and not vocally show their disgust by booing their own fans or singing something else to drown out this "minority"?

Why are they only disgusted by this song in the aftermath of the Hillsborough document release/report? Why haven't the "majority" spoke out against the "minority" before yesterday, when they sing this song when they play all and sundry, not when they play Liverpool? Maybe it's because it's all so high profile now and it's bringing negative attention to their club?

While the stance of some at United is welcomed, you have to look at all of the above factors, and wonder if they're reacting as they are to save face. I abhor Munich songs. I'd never sing them myself. Somewhat disappointedly, I fully expect to hear them next Sunday, in response to any United chants that reference Hillsborough. While I abhor these chants, I can understand why some of our less cultured fans may sing them in response to clear provocation from that lot.

Oh, and a final point, the we sing Munich songs argument doesn't wash with me. Season ticket holder since the last 2 seasons of Houllier. Was going to the match on inidividual tickets for 5 years before that. I've NEVER heard Munich songs sung at Anfield to the volume, or involving a similar number of fans, of the United Hillsborough songs.

Oh, and a final point, the we sing Munich songs argument doesn't wash with me. Season ticket holder since the last 2 seasons of Houllier. Was going to the match on inidividual tickets for 5 years before that. I've NEVER heard Munich songs sung at Anfield to the volume, or involving a similar number of fans, of the United Hillsborough songs.

21 Years a Season Ticket Holder and hand on heart I can honestly say I have NEVER once heard a Munich song/chant at Anfield.

....except for when the Man City fans are in town.

why the feud between pool and blues fans, we used to be so together, it used to be scousers are one and stuff the rest, if pool cant win it i want everton to and no chants will change my mind.... ever, i was born in smithdown rd hospital and i am scouse and stuff the rest, so lets shake hands and get together again, at least something good will have come from hillsboro'.

Usually Heysel, you only have to scratch the surface and it comes out

granted not all, but some, even those who on the outside, seem sound enough

I remember watching us play Everton at Anfield a few seasons back, they were singing "Justice for the 39" to a man.