You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing with Bellamy is his abundance of enthusiasm. Its a rare thing. We could be 2-0 down in the 89th minute, and he would still run his bollocks off to prevent a corner. We don't have enough players in the squad with his attitude, so letting him leave weakens and already fragile mentality.

He also loves the club - something which i doubt is replicated many times within the current squad.

I can understand at the age of 33, maybe his wages could be utilised elsewhere - but while he is still more than capable, selling him seems sheer lunacy.

If we are doing that obviously. I will be very, very disappointed to see him leave.

Bellamy's performance last season against City in the second leg of the League Cup semi is up there with some of the best individual displays I've seen from players wearing a red shirt.

I'd also like to see him here next season. The lad's a winner.

Bellamy nearly got snapped in half there , Dirty fuckers these Senagalese always leaving their foot in , suprised they haven't had a red yet.

I am more surprised that Bellers can still walk after that.

That was one hell of a leg breaker challenge he just got.

2 well-taken goals in that game, and another chance for each side that really should have been buried. The teams played pretty much as expected though. GB had spells where they looked tidy amongst a lot of disjointed play. They then did the England thing where they sat back deeper and deeper trying to defend a lead, surrendering possession in a manner that suggests prolonged contact with the ball will lead to Shithouse AIDS. Senegal did the typical West African nation thing by turning up with players physically better suited to either heavyweight boxing or the NBA, and were over-aggressive with a lot of their challenges. How that lunge on Bellamy didn't warrant a penalty and a card for the defender I don't know. If Bellamy was wearing a red shirt with 'AON' splashed across the front, he would have got a penalty for much much less. The referee and his officials were very poor in allowing consistently over-aggressive and/or reckless challenges from a few of the Senegal players, the left back and No10 in particular.

Yes, GB were unlucky with the penalty shout, but that doesn't excuse the fact that British teams never seem to learn that sitting off to protect a lead is seldom successful when you don't have the tactical nous to break up the opposition's momentum, and instead rely on last-ditch heart-on-the-sleeve heroics.

from bbc;

Liverpool forward and Uruguay skipper Luis Suarez, last season found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra, was booed by sections of the Old Trafford crowd every time he touched the ball

Conveniently forget the term "probability".

This crap will never stop will it?

Manc cunts, I hope Suarez takes a neat dump on the centre circle the next time they play there.

Team GB are fucking boring, the kits are fucking boring, and Ryan Giggs is shit in any other shirt than a United one, with United-brand referees to allow his incessant fucking fouling.

I only watched the first half of UAE vs Uruguay but I thought UAE played some entertaining stuff. Was very impressed by their nr. 15.

Omar Abdulrahman Al Amoodi

Edit:

I see his "signing on fee" for Al Ain was Emirati citizenship for his whole family, whereas the Saudis were only offering citizenship to him alone (despite the fact he was born in the country). Blimey. It really is a different world over there.