You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is something people always forget when blaming kenny for wasting 100m. By all means blame him for the players but he has no control over the fees.

You can slice it and dice it however you want. No-one comes out of the last few transfer windows with any credit at all. They're not stupid, they know that.

I think people are questioning Kenny because he seems to have squandered vast sums of money on absolute shite. Well, that's why I'm questioning him anyway.

That and we appear to have scrapped a system of play that was working really well for us.

Yeah that's a big one for me. I felt really positive about us towards the end of last season. That system was working brilliantly and it just needed a few upgrades here and there. I now think that it was only being used because Kenny didn't have the players to fit the system he actually had in mind.

Spot on

This whole thing is ridiculous. Who has ever had success by sacking managers all over the place? What the club needs is stability. We almost went out of business 18 months ago, do we have no patience any more?

We've already won a trophy and are in the semi final of another one, the league results have been poor but we've played better than we have in years (for the majority of the season). Who's to say we'd be better off with any other manager?

I think we owe Kenny our trust, for another 12 months at least.

So stop being a bunch of menstrual little girls and support the manager and the team.

I think people are questioning Kenny because he seems to have squandered vast sums of money on absolute shite.

So just out of interest what would your position be if he hadn't?

What if, as John Henry and Comolli have both stated on the record, Comolli is responsible for all transfer fee negotiations?

I mean it's kinda ironic to read so many on here saying they woluldn't blame FSG if they won't put their hand in their pocket after 'their' money was wasted - but who appointed Comolli? who made him DoF and who sanctioned the levels Comolli went to with his offers? You think, their man, spent their money and they knew nothing about it?

Dalglish doesn't do finance, fees, negotiations. Never has. Ok so let's get that bit clear.

Comolli had been in the job a few months when the 57 million dollars was spent in January, Henry came out and publicly attested to his involvement and the logic behind the Carroll purchase and how they 'viewed' that spending i.e a replacement for Torres + 15 million.

But sure, we are the great Liverpool fans, we are knowledgeable so we are going to blame the one guy who had nothing to do with the money. And feel sympathy for owners who appointed our negotiator and would have - along with various bean counters and Comolli sanctioned these deals and the staistics behind them - well ok good to know.

Question: If Kenny had said ok to Carroll and then we bought him for 15 million and he'd said ok when presented with Downing as the best of the short-listed options and we'd gone and got him for 10 million. Would we be less pissed off?

to be honest the irony is that if that had happened we'd all be able to see that the net spend had been about 0 and we'd probably be bleating about our owners not putting in any money.

So Kenny had no control, over whether Comolli and FSG chose to pay 35 mill and 20 mill versus 15 mill and 10 mill but because of the job others did, he's getting it in the neck and if Comolli and FSG had actually done a better job - they'd be getting it in the neck - life is a funny old thing, isn't it.

This whole thing is ridiculous. Who has ever had success by sacking managers all over the place? What the club needs is stability. We almost went out of business 18 months ago, do we have no patience any more?

We've already won a trophy and are in the semi final of another one, the league results have been poor but we've played better than we have in years (for the majority of the season). Who's to say we'd be better off with any other manager?

So stop being a bunch of menstrual little girls and support the manager and the team.

We will support Rafa when he takes over in the summer. Kenny must go, he's taking us backwards.

Didn't code do a stattastic analysis showing something like if you don't win the league in your first one or two years, you won't at all?

It's about progress. From how he had us playing last season, he has taken us backwards.

That's horseshit though. We've played football this season every bit as good as what we seen last season, and we also played some pretty fucking horrible games last season that were every bit as bad as some of the ones we've seen this season.

It's the players, you buy shit, you're not going to progress. My main reservation with Kenny now what is his approach going to be in the Summer, what is he going to do with those players. We have no way of knowing, have to just wait and see. Unless you're going to start calling for Kenny's job, what else is there to do?

Elmyn Noos? I Would waste time & breath & energy constructing an argument that utterly takes apart that risible, pathetic & quite insulting excuse for a 'post' by You above you disgusting, cowardly, backstabbing little tw*t but instead? Since you're So obviously a Manc' WUM? I'll instead direct you to look at your Own club's alcoholic, purple faced, bullying, drooling half-dead human wreckage, inarticulate, brain dead & liver damaged excuse for a manager if you Really want to find someone whose a d*ck & before you reply you pathetic, void of personality, abysmal little waste of space.

Anyway - You want to know How I know who you Really support? Simple - you said One thing that put up a Huge Red Flag - something that No Liverpool supporter would Ever say & it was this that I take issue with a snivelling Coward like You for you disgusting wretch - You're lucky that's all I can do from behind a keyboard - If I saw you in person? You'd be out in an ambulance by now for smearing Kenny like that if you were alive at all. Anyway - You said Kenny "abandoned us" in 1991 whilst Any self-respecting Red? Knows he left because of his Own health declining around that time due to the Massive amount of pressure & the huge number of additional burdens he'd taken on in helping our club & it's fans recover from Hillsborough.

Basically? The man was suffering from stress related illnesses & who knows what else by the time he went & to make him Stay in view of all that? Could have really hurt him & possibly led to permanent damage to his Health; Therefore? He had no option But to go in the end. As to him "leading us into a trophy wilderness"? Well since we've won everything there Is to win in the past 20 years bar One trophy which a certain corrupt a*sehole of a manager & his Equally corrupt excuse for a so-called team (helped by a complicit & equally corrupt English Football Media) have bribed, screamed & cheated their way to for much of the time in a laughable attempt to overtake the one club they'll never come close to. A trophy which despite the deliberate bias involved around it's destination year in, year out? We have nonetheless ourselves come close to on occasions also? And since our past 2 decades have consisted of a history all bar one club in England would kill for in terms of winning trophies? I'd hardly call it a trophy "wilderness" In truth? No-one bar a retarded Manc' waste of space like You would.

Also just so you know you disgusting pathetic little scrote? Kenny's successor won us a trophy before it all fell apart around him & in fact? All his successors up until his return bar Hodgson won at least One trophy - Hardly the record of a club in a wilderness no? Anyway look? I've just gone & done what I said I wouldn't & wasted time & energy in shredding the jokes, lies & slanderous shite you put above & putting you in your place back in the gutter in the process; I'll finish by saying this then; Count yourself lucky it's Only that I can do right now for had you come out with such rubbish & hurtful shite in My presence or around Any Red in person? You'd probably end up having a Lot more than just that aimed at you - As It is? I'll just say this - Manc WUM's have No place on this site so fuck off you gigantic tw*t & Never darken our doors here with your poison again.............

NB BTW you arrogant, despicable little Fool? Your lame attempt at a joke re' Hugh Grant? Was just that & rather like You actually? A lame Joke now fuck off this forum & never come back.

Mods do your job with this waste of oxygen.

I'm not a manc. Why do You insert bold and random Capital letters into Your posts? Is it because you're the sort of blustering idiot that types threats of physical violence onto an internet forum, knowing he is never going to have to make good on them? Were you spitting bits of cornflakes as your fat typing finger pounded each letter onto the screen in front of you - sat there in the dark in your King Kenny underpants?

Anyway, you can take heart knowing that you didn't do what you said you wouldn't, you did what you said you Would, as you presumably mis-typed in your first sentence. That notwithstanding, you actually shredded nothing, and it would be a cold day in hell (or a Kenny led convincing home victory against a shit side, whichever comes first) before I could be put in my place on an internet forum by a dyslexic gibbering buffoon like you.

I was a little pissed and pissed off when I posted on this thread before, a combination which always tends exaggerate one's irreverent side. That said, Dalglish should be given another season to prove me wrong, as the club did put him in charge, but I very much doubt he has it in him to turn things around, as I don't and never have rated his managerial ability.

He should also let someone else handle the media.

You can slice it and dice it however you want. No-one comes out of the last few transfer windows with any credit at all. They're not stupid, they know that.

Sure they do, if they're getting panned for Carroll, Henderson and Downing then they can be praised for Suarez, Enrique, Bellamy, Coates. It's not all doom and gloom, even though we're in shocking form. There are loads of positives to take from this season. Everyone just needs to stop being so hormonal.

to be honest the irony is that if that had happened we'd all be able to see that the net spend had been about 0 and we'd probably be bleating about our owners not putting in any money.

So Kenny had no control, over whether Comolli and FSG chose to pay 35 mill and 20 mill versus 15 mill and 10 mill but because of the job others did, he's getting it in the neck and if Comolli and FSG had actually done a better job - they'd be getting it in the neck - life is a funny old thing, isn't it.

They haven't have they. Other then when they bought the club.

Dalglish and Comolli are both to blame.

We will support Rafa when he takes over in the summer. Kenny must go' date=' he's taking us backwards.[/quote']

Hahahaha, what's life like in your make believe world? It must be lovely knowing the messiah can take over in the summer from the evil Kenny.

That's horseshit though. We've played football this season every bit as good as what we seen last season, and we also played some pretty fucking horrible games last season that were every bit as bad as some of the ones we've seen this season.

It's far from horseshit. Attacking football every bit as good, maybe. Actual Football every bit as good, NFW.

The arguments are the same as we had under Rafa, just different people now on different sides of the fence.

I and many others who didn't want Rafa sacked, argued that should he win the UEFA cup he should have been given another season, lots (Goatboy, TomR) argued that it doesn't matter as he is clearly not going to win the league. In hindsight, if anyone thinks Rafa was sacked because of his on field performance solely then I think they are very naive, his ability (weakness!) in alienating people caught up with him. The argument then, as is is the case now I think, is that unless we are going to improve on what we have got then I see no reason to change.

Rafa was slaughtered by Goatboy et al. because he squandered the Alonso money on Aquilani and Johnson, so it is really hypocritical to now ask that we ignore the money spent on the current squad! Just as it is hypocritical to argue that Kenny should be removed because 'anyone' can do a better job. Kenny has been poor, not just the team, him personally, too many silly tactical errors and too much emphasis upon keeping the team happy. But I think it would be far easier to address those failures than bring in another (probably foreign manager) to settle in and get accustomed to the league. There has been mistakes, but there has been a lot of good this past year, Suarez, Lucas, Skrtle, Kelly and Agger have been excellent.

In Rafa's first season we had not spent a considerable amount of money, we had also reached the League Cup final, were always in with a shout of 4th place, and ended up sacrificing that for the Champions league, a point that can be proven by showing the Palace team prior to the Semi Final. If you are comparing his last season to this, Kenny's first then you are arguing against Rafa and nothing else, and you will ignore any facts to do so. I expect pig ignorance from the likes of Code, Ant etc not from Goatboy and Tom, the reluctance to admit the current failings and emphasise Rafa's are petty and small minded.

For the record, most of us who wanted Rafa to stay want Kenny to stay because whilst there remains even a sliver of a chance that Kenny can lead us to the Premiership I would rather hold on to that.

And I don't want Rafa back either.

They haven't have they. Other then when they bought the club.

Dalglish and Comolli are both to blame.

For certain things sure, but Dalglish isn't to blame for the amount of money spent, FSG had more direct influence over the negotiation of transfer fees than Dalglish.

As for what the netspend has actually been to date, well that wasn't the point I was making. I was simply illustrating that we would be probably be more critical of them, had a better job have been done with respect to our transfer finance.

Never really thought we'd win the title this year... Champions league was the goal and we will fall far short of that. I think that two cups (not just the Carling Cup) means progress IS being made, but in the wrong areas to satisfy many. If the players brought in last summer are to be the future bottom of the squad (meaning anyone brought in now would have to be markedly better) then we will be fine moving forward. That remains to be seen. I think that Comolli is more under fire for the signings, though Kenny cannot be blameless, but I believe that he (kenny) should get one more season at least to turn the team around.

Please lets not forget that we HAVE played some wonderful football at times this year and have been horribly unlucky on many occasions... not an excuse, just a comment that the eyeball test tells me that we're playing good stuff. We DO deserve a slice of the green soon, but we'll see if/when that comes back our way.

If anyone thinks Kenny handles the finances of the clubs then your fucking morons.

Likewise, anyone that thinks he has no input whatsoever on what we spend on a player is equally as moronic. Himself and Comolli would have sat down, looked at the budget, and looked at what could be got for that money, and taken it form there. It's common sense, now i know they might have made some mistakes, but let's not get carried away either.

That's a pretty naive view in all honesty.

in all honesty, it's petty accurate. Comolli as Director of Football, handles all the commercial aspects of transfers, he looks after the financial aspects and he is our transfer fee negotiator. He agrees terms with the players, signs the contracts etc.