You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Glasgow Rangers gone into administration

JohnnyH

If you've lived in Glasgow then you know that the vast majority of Celtic and Rangers fans, just like most big clubs, are good honest footy fans who love their football and love the banter with a healthy bit of hatred for their biggest rivals, no different than we feel about the Mancs or Everton.

Saying that the majority of their fans are bigoted cunts is just plain wrong. They’re not. They have some total bellends, but so do we. It just gets highlighted because it’s sectarian.

Which is worse? Songs been sung ever single game about a riot that killed 39 football fans, a plane crash that resulted in the deaths of 23 footballers and officials or a crush that killed 96 football fans simply out to enjoy a cap semi-final; or a chant about been up to your knees in fenian blood?

It’s utterly fucking stupid, but because the tag of sectarianism, or even racism to an extent, is attached to the comment it immediately becomes this horrendous beast when the truth is, it’s a lot less disgusting in real terms then chanting about the deaths of fans.

Most Rangers fans are decent lads. So for them to lose their club is a real shame and something I feel bad for them about.

You talk so much sense my friend. We are not all bad. I often cringe when I see some Rangers fans true, but that's life. It's the same with Celtic fans, I grew up outnumbered by 2 to 1 by Celtic fans. I am outnumbered in work too, and every one of them are good guys. We are opposite ends of the same stick. There are some seriously scary people on both sides who are obsessed with the troubles in NI and maybe sometimes that can let both sides down, but it's getting better. Hopefully we will still be here in future to further improve it!!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you meant your plural, that suggests that you are not a Red and people spending time on forums of teams they do not support, well that I do not understand.

I like Liverpool. I always have, since the early 70's. I am not a fan, never even been to Anfield. Although I saw them at Old Trafford in 1984 and Roker park 1985 (abandoned due to frozen pitch) I watch them on TV when on live, want the to win all games unless they are playin Rangers. ( also have a soft spot for Newcastle because I worked there in the 80's!!)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest San Don

A shocking situation. Once again, another shyster has been able to buy a big football club by using, in effect, the club's own money ie he got an advance on ticket sales for 3 or 4 years amounting to about 20m quid when he wasnt the owner which he then used to convince the previous owner to sell to him.

Its a fucking joke. Football really does need to get its house in order.

The latest allegations of "off the books" payments are incredibly serious and could result in further points deductions, relgation an suspension from Euro competition.

The Scottish Football Association are set to investigate claims by former director Hugh Adam that secretive payments to Rangers players were excluded from contracts lodged with the governing body.

Read more: Rangers investigated by SFA over Hugh Adam claims | Mail Online

Wylde and Ness will be picked up by someone

Wylde has just gone,probably heading to Bolton who wanted him back in the summer.Has potential and pacy but i dont think he will cut it in the PL.

Ness another with a lot of potential,but the lad is made from glass.if he could get fully fit i reckon he will make it.Still young though so has time on his side.

Wylde has just gone,probably heading to Bolton who wanted him back in the summer.Has potential and pacy but i dont think he will cut it in the PL.

Ness another with a lot of potential,but the lad is made from glass.if he could get fully fit i reckon he will make it.Still young though so has time on his side.

is Wylde the young full back? if so looks too have potential and at another time had he been available I'd be happy to sign him from what I've seen however we have Kelly, Flanno and Robinson as prospects for there and Glen and Jose are hardly old

edit:seems he is a winger, must've seen someone else or he played at full back when I saw him

• 1 month later...

So the league found Whyte to not be a 'fit and proper person' now?

Don't they have a responsibility to vet takeovers and prospective owners? Aren't they admitting to completely failing on that front and making things worse?

With that in mind is there not a path for a new owner to petition to join the English system and cripple any SFA obstruction by highlighting how they have failed to protect their own system?

So the league found Whyte to not be a 'fit and proper person' now?

Don't they have a responsibility to vet takeovers and prospective owners? Aren't they admitting to completely failing on that front and making things worse?

With that in mind is there not a path for a new owner to petition to join the English system and cripple any SFA obstruction by highlighting how they have failed to protect their own system?

Much as I would like it England is not an option. This is probably the lowest I have felt as a Rangers supporter. To ease the financial strain on the club the players agreed massive pay cuts to the end of the season, but many have a clause they can walk if things are not right. So we may lose a group of players at the end of the season and will only. E able to replace them with current reserves or signing players 18 or under. Thats if we make it to next season! We are in the middle of a takeover bid, where we are struggling to agree terms as it is, this will set it back further! Nothing like getting booted all over the place when you are down. SFA are a shower of knobends. How to kill the Scottish game in one easy swipe!!

• 5 weeks later...

Just watched Rangers - The Men Who sold the Jerseys on BBC Scotland (just happened upon it). Well worth a watch on the iplayer if it's on there. I know that FSG are rightly under the spotlight at the moment, but this really shows what could have happened to us if they hadn't intervened.

Guest San Don
Just watched Rangers - The Men Who sold the Jerseys on BBC Scotland (just happened upon it). Well worth a watch on the iplayer if it's on there. I know that FSG are rightly under the spotlight at the moment, but this really shows what could have happened to us if they hadn't intervened.

Going to watch this later. Its rank what has happened with Rangers (Im not one of their fans btw) but to see anyone's club put on the verge of extinction especially by a shyster, is appalling.

Seems like the SFA are quite happy to put the boot in, possibly to the detriment to the whole of scottish football.

I wish someone would do a programme on us like that

Murray, basically all of them should be in front of the police, if I mismanaged a corner shop like that i'd be up for all sorts

The administrators need changing for there to be any hope of them surviving