You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Glasgow Rangers gone into administration

JohnnyH

Have to laugh at all this 'we don't want their bigotry' We hate them and they hate us. Sound familiar?

I think you know its somewhat different. The sectariansim, as found in the west coast of Scotland, would exist without the football clubs, the rivallry between the 2 clubs being the very visible expression of divisions that run through the community at large whereas the 'they hate us we hate them' you describe, I assume in relation to us and the Mancs, is an intense sporting rivallry with little basis beyond that

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you have 92 clubs in the Football League who have earned their right to be part of it, how dare a club from another Football Association thinl they have the right to be parachuted into the top tier.

If they want in to English football, let them come up through the divisions like everyone else, Wolves came from (the old) Division 4 to the Premier League, Wimbledon came from the lower reaches of non-League football to the Premier League, and Crawley have come from non-League football.

There will be outcry if they are parachuted in, as far as I'm concerned Celtic and Rangers can stay were they are, as the Premiership would be better off without their bigotry.

I think you know its somewhat different. The sectariansim, as found in the west coast of Scotland, would exist without the football clubs, the rivallry between the 2 clubs being the very visible expression of divisions that run through the community at large whereas the 'they hate us we hate them' you describe, I assume in relation to us and the Mancs, is an intense sporting rivallry with little basis beyond that
Hypocrite. So you are justifying your hatred because it's in the name of sport (which is mIne too, not bothered about religion)

Double post

Good bye Rangers. I'll be glad to see you go. Coming from Northern Ireland, I'll just be happy to see the fanbase that you have in Northern Ireland all silenced, because the majority of them are a pack of disgusting, sectarian fucking animals.

Same goes for the Celtic ones. Take them down with you.

Good bye Rangers. I'll be glad to see you go. Coming from Northern Ireland, I'll just be happy to see the fanbase that you have in Northern Ireland all silenced, because the majority of them are a pack of disgusting, sectarian fucking animals.

Same goes for the Celtic ones. Take them down with you.

Very strange I have found all people I met from Northern Ireland to be great people and that's Rangers, Celltic and 'others'. I must have been very lucky, or maybe you have been unlucky.

got to laugh at Celtic saying it won't affect them, yeah they'll still win the league every year due to fanbase but the only thing that attracts the half decent players they do still manage to get is the 4 games with Rangers and getting knocked out in a European qualifier, if players want to do that without Rangers they might as well play for the top Welsh team!

Apparently information regarding finances at Rangers has been passed to Strathclyde police. can any of you from up there shed any light on this?
Ex director Alistair Johnston apparently called the fraud squad on Craig Whyte, this guy is one fly by night chancer it seems. A growing feeling a fans buy out along with other investment is a possibility.

Meanwhile, former Rangers chairman Alastair Johnston has asked the Crown Office to investigate Craig Whyte's acquisition of the club.

He said: "I have today written to the Crown office asking for an investigation into the background surrounding the acquisition of Rangers Football Club by Craig Whyte, and in particular whether there is evidence of fraud."

A Strathclyde Police spokesman said: 'We can confirm that we have been passed information regarding the ongoing situation at Rangers Football Club. This is currently being examined. It would be inappropriate to comment further."

Apparently information regarding finances at Rangers has been passed to Strathclyde police. can any of you from up there shed any light on this?

The £24m that Ticketus paid never made it to the Ibrox accounts and so seems to have disappeared. That Whyte is a total charlatan. He'll end up in court for it.

What I do not understand is the whole Arry saga went on for 5 years and was for £30K. How on earth has the tax man allowed £42 MILLION to build up. Some body at the inland revenue has not been doing their job.How can Portsmouth again be up shit creek again with the tax? They are not doing their job!

What I do not understand is the whole Arry saga went on for 5 years and was for £30K. How on earth has the tax man allowed £42 MILLION to build up. Some body at the inland revenue has not been doing their job.How can Portsmouth again be up shit creek again with the tax? They are not doing their job!
The thing is the EBT's are not Illegal it's the way we used them. Somebody fucked up bigtime. And it's only years down the line it's come to light.

The £24m that Ticketus paid never made it to the Ibrox accounts and so seems to have disappeared. That Whyte is a total charlatan. He'll end up in court for it.
There more than the Ticketus money missing!! The £9 million tax is also nowhere to be found. Think there is more than that too!

Hypocrite. So you are justifying your hatred because it's in the name of sport (which is mIne too, not bothered about religion)

Dont know if you meant your singular or plural. I'm not justifying hatred. I'm a woolly liberal and couldnt justify hatred towards any individual or group. I accept that those views are not shared by everyone but the basis of the rivallry between the Mancs and us, which for some, but not all, has a geographical element too is of a different order from the sectarianism that divides those 2 clubs.

If you meant your plural, that suggests that you are not a Red and people spending time on forums of teams they do not support, well that I do not understand.

I know the thread has moved on but did not want to leave your claims unanswered

If you've lived in Glasgow then you know that the vast majority of Celtic and Rangers fans, just like most big clubs, are good honest footy fans who love their football and love the banter with a healthy bit of hatred for their biggest rivals, no different than we feel about the Mancs or Everton.

Saying that the majority of their fans are bigoted cunts is just plain wrong. They’re not. They have some total bellends, but so do we. It just gets highlighted because it’s sectarian.

Which is worse? Songs been sung ever single game about a riot that killed 39 football fans, a plane crash that resulted in the deaths of 23 footballers and officials or a crush that killed 96 football fans simply out to enjoy a cap semi-final; or a chant about been up to your knees in fenian blood?

It’s utterly fucking stupid, but because the tag of sectarianism, or even racism to an extent, is attached to the comment it immediately becomes this horrendous beast when the truth is, it’s a lot less disgusting in real terms then chanting about the deaths of fans.

Most Rangers fans are decent lads. So for them to lose their club is a real shame and something I feel bad for them about.

Very strange I have found all people I met from Northern Ireland to be great people and that's Rangers, Celltic and 'others'. I must have been very lucky, or maybe you have been unlucky.

I'm from Northern Ireland, and by and large 99% of people are friendly and pretty much non sectarian, it's as with all walks of life, the idiocy of the 1%, tarnishes the name and reputation of the decent 99%.

We met up with a pile of Welsh lads after a World Cup qualifier in Belfast between the two teams in 2005 (Wales won 3-2), and they joined us for a pub crawl, and it was actually shocking to hear the misconceptions Welsh people had of Northern Ireland, even though there has been a ceasefire for nearly 18 years, but they admitted they couldn't believe how laid back Northern Ireland was, and we had a great laugh.

In Scotland the Catholic/Protestant thing seems to be much worse, Celtic fans (minority) with pro-IRA chants and Rangers with their pro Union views and Loyalist sympathising (again, minority).

I feel sorry for Rangers from a footballing perspective, but on the other hand, the bigotry of some of their fans will not be missed.