You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

It astonishes me how thick people are, and how easily fooled.

Last time I looked we're all human beings. Yes some who are claiming asylum will be scumbags, but as these videos prove we have enough born and bred scumbags living amongst us.

I find it all tiresome. We're supposed to be the evolved species on this planet. I wish we'd live up to that billing!

The British class system and subservient mindset of large portions of our country are helping this to not change any time soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

It astonishes me how thick people are, and how easily fooled.

Last time I looked we're all human beings. Yes some who are claiming asylum will be scumbags, but as these videos prove we have enough born and bred scumbags living amongst us.

I find it all tiresome. We're supposed to be the evolved species on this planet. I wish we'd live up to that billing!

Genuine scum. 

Pockets of Merseyside will be rich pickings for the right because it's usually the least diverse areas were people have the biggest problem with immigrants, because they don't know any. 

Widnes is the most overtly racist place I've ever been despite the fact there's only one black lad living there. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Pockets of Merseyside will be rich pickings for the right because it's usually the least diverse areas were people have the biggest problem with immigrants, because they don't know any. 

Widnes is the most overtly racist place I've ever been despite the fact there's only one black lad living there. 

One Asian family moved into a cul de sac in Page Moss by where my mate lives. After about 2 months the council had to put cctv cameras outside their house as it got bricked and attacked that much. 

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I lived there for a couple of years and yes, it's a fucking cesspit of Brexit gammon racism. 

2 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

One Asian family moved into a cul de sac in Page Moss by where my mate lives. After about 2 months the council had to put cctv cameras outside their house as it got bricked and attacked that much. 

I think if you live and work with people from different backgrounds you realise they're basically just like you. If you live in a white English town and all you get is footage of people on boats and Facebook stories of rape and pillage shit will go south.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The British class system and subservient mindset of large portions of our country are helping this to not change any time soon.

People always like someone to look down and when times are desperate they need someone to blame.

The media tell them the problem is all these people coming here on boats and absolutely nothing to do with a government which used a pandemic to make itself richer.

It's a fucking scam and people fall for it.

6 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Frigging sad that. My nans old house, where my auntie still lives isn't far from Page Moss, and while there weren't many non-whites when I was a kid, there was a few. A couple of mixed race (very dark skinned but mixed race) lads who lived with their black mum and white dad. A Chinese family who ran the local chippy (still did until a couple of years back). They were part of the furniture and were accepted as such.

Now I'd worry what kind of shit they'd get!

18 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think if you live and work with people from different backgrounds you realise they're basically just like you. If you live in a white English town and all you get is footage of people on boats and Facebook stories of rape and pillage shit will go south.

Can also work the other way too. There was a poll of whether anyone who voted brexit would change their mind now they know Brexit was shit and a total con.

The residents of Boston in Lincolnshire said they'd  vote brexit again. Mainly because their towns were farming and fruit picking and almost overnight they were deluged with Eastern Europeans who moved there in 2004 after all their countries joined the EU. 

A lot of people in Southport moan about Polish and Romanians taking over as well. 

5 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Can also work the other way too. There was a poll of whether anyone who voted brexit would change their mind now they know Brexit was shit and a total con.

The residents of Boston in Lincolnshire said they'd  vote brexit again. Mainly because their towns were farming and fruit picking and almost overnight they were deluged with Eastern Europeans who moved there in 2004 after all their countries joined the EU. 

A lot of people in Southport moan about Polish and Romanians taking over as well. 

Gnasher would vote remain today. 

11 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I think one of the issues which is overlooked is money. I said on another thread but about 160k people from Hong Kong have moved to the UK in the past 18 months, entire estates full of them, but nobody gives a fuck because they've got money and buy new builds and open shops.

Most immigration, at least the most visible aspect, is poor people, usually single men. That's where the issues tend to stem from. The idea of being some kind of burden. 

A lot of resentment also stems from the idea of immigration being imposed on poorer communities by richer people who don't live there.

My mate lives toward Picton way and he says it's become increasingly rough. He says there's two groups of Romanians who don't like each other moved in, and some - culturally- do wacky shit that people don't like. I've seen people sat on couches in the middle of the street when I've been to pick him up, for instance. The kids also seem unfamiliar with the concept of kinetic energy and have a penchant for standing in front of your car.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

People always like someone to look down and when times are desperate they need someone to blame.

The media tell them the problem is all these people coming here on boats and absolutely nothing to do with a government which used a pandemic to make itself richer.

It's a fucking scam and people fall for it.

I worked in a restaurant years ago and the staff was a split of foreign people and local scalls. The locals were really racist towards the foreigners, always calling them pakis no matter where they were from. They genuinely enjoyed putting them down. 

I helped one of the chefs with his English, weirdly by listening to footy on the radio and explaining to him what certain words meant. Got called a traitor for helping a Paki out. Even though he was Iranian and had been granted asylum after the government executed his 2 brothers. 

They also locked a young Jewish lad in the freezer room at one point to make him "feel at home" in a dark cold big room. Meaning the gas chamber. 

Saw one of the racist a few years later and he was a glass collector in a pub. Completely ignored me. The Iranian guy went on to run his own business in Manchester. 

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Frigging sad that. My nans old house, where my auntie still lives isn't far from Page Moss, and while there weren't many non-whites when I was a kid, there was a few. A couple of mixed race (very dark skinned but mixed race) lads who lived with their black mum and white dad. A Chinese family who ran the local chippy (still did until a couple of years back). They were part of the furniture and were accepted as such.

Now I'd worry what kind of shit they'd get!

Yep. There's a shop next to Farmfoods which is like a late night supermarket. The staff in there are all Sri Lankan. They look at you in shock if you are polite to them or say please or thank you. 

14 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I worked in a restaurant years ago and the staff was a split of foreign people and local scalls. The locals were really racist towards the foreigners, always calling them pakis no matter where they were from. They genuinely enjoyed putting them down. 

I helped one of the chefs with his English, weirdly by listening to footy on the radio and explaining to him what certain words meant. Got called a traitor for helping a Paki out. Even though he was Iranian and had been granted asylum after the government executed his 2 brothers. 

They also locked a young Jewish lad in the freezer room at one point to make him "feel at home" in a dark cold big room. Meaning the gas chamber. 

Saw one of the racist a few years later and he was a glass collector in a pub. Completely ignored me. The Iranian guy went on to run his own business in Manchester. 

Out of rep. 

43 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Some people are just scum.

An Asian family,mum and 2 girls have just moved over the road from me mum in Anfield. Me mum and all the neighbours have been sound and they have been over and dropped off some food and stuff to me mums.

Like Cs said lot of is down to education but the media and government have very little interest in promoting diversity and inclusion.

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

I've got a mate from some pokey little village in rural Cambridgeshire. She says the locals there would tell similar stories about being "deluged" by East Europeans, because you'd see loads of blokes hanging around the streets. The truth is that they were badly exploited by local farmers and their accommodation was overcrowded and barely habitable; so, when they weren't working or sleeping they would just hang around the streets because they had nowhere else to go and nothing else to do.

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

100% this. It's called education, growing up.

Can't say I enjoy my job much, but I am thankful for the opportunity to meet and befriend black people, Asian people, refugees and gay people.

Without the opportunity (often necessity) to meet and learn from these folks, then there's every probability that I'd have devolved into a xenophobic insular gammon.

• Upvote 1

The government know that the twats who harass asylum seekers operate in a gap in the law - between the hate-crime and anti-terrorism legislation - but they won't close it, because this racist hatred is useful for them.

https://care4calais.org/news/surge-in-anti-refugee-activity-new-analysis/ 

10 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Leigh is the same