You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

robslappa

I'm putting this in here as I don't need technical advice as such.

I'm thinking of getting the kids a Wii for Christmas (One is nearly 4 and one has just turned 2). Are there games that are suitable for their age group or will it just end up something that I end up using when pissed.

Some sound advice from the GF is needed. Ta.

If you are getting a console for little'uns like those, the Wii is by far the best one to go for ( Th 2 year old will probably just try to get involved as much as he/she can ).

Was on GAME's websites looking for my nephews & they have the games in age suitability order & the 3+ category had hundreds of games in it ranging from the likes of Junior Dancing to Mario Kart.

I'm putting this in here as I don't need technical advice as such.

I'm thinking of getting the kids a Wii for Christmas (One is nearly 4 and one has just turned 2). Are there games that are suitable for their age group or will it just end up something that I end up using when pissed.

Some sound advice from the GF is needed. Ta.

Not sure on the 2 year old mate, but my wife's a nanny and looks after two kids aged 4 and 6, and they love playing on our Wii. They love the standard games you get with it such as tennis, bowling, boxing and baseball.

The 6 year old is brilliant on it, the 4 year old gets a bit frustrated because he can't beat the older kid, but he loves it too.

I have two nieces aged 4 & 2. The 4 yr old loves it and knows what she's doing. The 2 yr old enjoys it but hasn't a clue what she's doing.

For £89 you can't go wrong. Saw it at that price in Asda today with Wii Party thrown in as well. Plus you can buy Mario Kart for when they're in bed.

Cheers for the advice.

My eldest already uses the laptop and does kids jigsaw games on my phone, so I reckon she'd be made up with it, as long as there's games that are good for her age.

The youngest will just try and copy what she does anyway I reckon.

I think I've been swayed, it looks like they're getting a Wii!

I have two nieces aged 4 & 2. The 4 yr old loves it and knows what she's doing. The 2 yr old enjoys it but hasn't a clue what she's doing.

For £89 you can't go wrong. Saw it at that price in Asda today with Wii Party thrown in as well. Plus you can buy Mario Kart for when they're in bed.

I reckon that'd be my two.

I've been looking at that. My little girl will love it.

She will, you'll loath it for a while that's why i'd recommend all 3, bit of variety. I've got the third one for the kids for christmas, the other two are still on almost daily since last christmas.

It's when you go to a party, the DJ puts Proud Mary on, the kids line up and you all do the moves without the Wii being anywhere near. 30 odd kids all lined up 'rolling on the river' was superb to watch.

There's a couple of Nickolodeon (sp?) that are pretty good for kids (I have a 5yr old and a 2yr old) and the Dora game is good, because you can have a controller and help out if they get stuck. There is also a Nick Jr Fit game if she's into that sort of thing. The 2 year old will just stand in front of the telly, and get hit in the head with the controller. HTH