You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All of which I've been saying for ages:

1) We won't finish in the Top 4 because we don't have a very good side

2) Lucas and Adam is possibly the worst CM partnership in the Premiership

3) We've wasted £120m on ordinary transfers

4) We need Lucas out of the first team immediately. He is truly, truly shite.

5) Henderson is a fucking embarrassment at RM, and should be played centrally or - preferably - not at all

6) We need a dominant CM who can hold the side together

7) we still lack pace and penetration and without Suarez we would be below West Brom

8) Our best signings have cost us £6m and £0m.

Wakey wakey

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of which I've been saying for ages:

2) Lucas and Adam is possibly the worst CM partnership in the Premiership

5) Henderson is a fucking embarrassment at RM, and should be played centrally or - preferably - not at all

6) We need a dominant CM who can hold the side together

7) we still lack pace and penetration and without Suarez we would be below West Brom

8) Our best signings have cost us £6m and £0m.

Wakey wakey

1) We have a decent side and could still finish top 4.

2) That goes for any partnership involving Lucas.

3) Not really.

4) Nothing to add.

5) I fail to see Hendo's greatness as well.

6) Agree.

7) We would have been worse, that's true.

8 ) Suarez cost £22.5m.

For what he did for us last season alone, Kenny deserves a bit of patience and I'm still standing by him despite really worrying signs.

He does appear to be both through his tactics and transfers attempting to put a team together capable of winning the title in 1990.

I assume he must see this surely? What's Camolli and Clarke doing about it?

Why do managers persist with certain things when every man and his dog knows it doesn't work. The definition of madness is repeating the same thing and expecting different results. 442 is dogshit moreso if you don't have the players. Henderson is crap on the right and lucas and Adam in midfield are constantly over ran, we see evidence of this almost every time and it's not changing.

We won't finish top 4 as this team is too flimsy you take Suarez out and it's damn near poor.

Why do managers persist with certain things when every man and his dog knows it doesn't work. The definition of madness is repeating the same thing and expecting different results. 442 is dogshit moreso if you don't have the players. Henderson is crap on the right and lucas and Adam in midfield are constantly over ran, we see evidence of this almost every time and it's not changing.

We won't finish top 4 as this team is too flimsy you take Suarez out and it's damn near poor.

Ahh the old insanity line, very true. I'd guess it's because it's what and all they know. I'm not going to change after 35 years in management, oops sorry wrong manager.

Embarrassing post from a poster who is not at all interested in Liverpool FC except to vindicate his own (frequently misguided) opinions, to increase his own conceit, and to propagate his own internet persona - which bizarrely revolves around attacking anyone and everyone who disagrees with him and being obsessed with Lucas. You manic narcissist.

And if you're going to take yourself as seriously as you do, get your fucking toys back in the pram you hysterical fanny.

One thing that annoys me is people blaming 'keepers having a blinder'.

They do not have blinders they make good saves that most keepers in the league should save. We need to be more clinical and Suarez is the only guy who looks like scoring and he's not a great finisher (Which he makes up for in other areas.)

Reina - Solid, excellent keeper.

Enrique - Works his bollocks off and pretty much plays Left back and Left wing.

Skrtel - Decent back up.

Agger - Solid defender but too injury prone.

Johnson - Good attacking full back but needs support from the right midfielder (Much like Enrique on the left)

Downing - Good option to have but doesn't produce enough nor is he a great threat)

Adam - Needs to be part of a 3 man midfield. Too slow and lazy, leaves us massively exposed. Not creative enough either.

Lucas - Average defensive midfielder, poor distribution.

Henderson - Useless on the right, needs to pay centre midfield to be judged properly.

Suarez - Top class player (Will leave if we don't shape up) Who could blame him.

Carroll - He's a decent option to have and would be an asset to most teams, cannot be relied as a goalscorer.

We need more investment, a lot more.

Guest ShoePiss

I noticed you called Lucas a cunt in the match thread silverlining.

You thick shithouse cunt. I'd knock you out if I ever met you, you little weasel.

to many players are simply not good enough adam dowing henderson where woeful signings. while the jury is still out on caroll only jose and saurez have been true success kenny is showing very worrying signs constant sticking with the 442 screams stuck in a time warp. i still cant figure why we didnt go for mata instead of dowing and the henderson money should have bought us a top midfielder instead it was a failed gamble.

Well I think today showed he had just about had enough of Henderson on the right. Dragging him off at half time was the right move and it was something that obviously needed doing.

Gotta give Kenny credit for that.

I think at the moment, the big thing is, the other issues that need addressing...need addressing. There are certain things wrong which are glaringly obvious. There are certain things managers don't have control over, Strikers missing over and over, defenders being nervous as fuck and making stupid decisions etc... etc...

But there are things they do have control over, I think in our case, right now Lucas and Adam is an example of something that needs changing. They offer no balance at all and they are contributing to teams being able to just cut through us like butter and seriously threaten the defence. They arn't the only issue but they are an issue which can be fixed.

But we have to keep the faith. If we can see the obvious things, so can Kenny and Clarke. And they will change it, failure to do so would be madness so I'm convinced they will fix these things.

Its demoralising right now, but just got to believe that what needs fixing will be fixed and we will improve.

The concerns a lot of us had over our transfer business, which didn't address universally accepted flaws -and a consensus on here is all but impossible to achieve, which illustrates how clear they were - within the squad haven't been alleviated at all. Our dependence on two creative outlets, one who is on the wane, persists; we still can't wrestle control in the middle of the park(Alonso and Mascherano to Adam and Mascherano is an enormous downgrade in quality); we don't have a predatory goal scorer.

I can accept the players we've signed and the inflated fees we paid, but there has to be an overhaul to our transfer strategy because it is utterly reckless, limiting and shortsighted, in my view.

Probably wont finish in the top 4 but the side and squad has improved significantly from last year. WE do have a decent side but does need improving. Thats fucking obvious to all.

2) Lucas and Adam is possibly the worst CM partnership in the Premiership.

Bullshit

More Bullshit

Our player of the season last year - more shite from you.

While he has yet to set the place alight he is 20 years old and 4 months into his career at the club. Remarks like that are embarassing

6) We need a dominant CM who can hold the side together.

Cant argue with this - but our captain and central midfielder is out injured and back in 2 weeks time?

7) we still lack pace and penetration and without Suarez we would be below West Brom.

While pace and penetration is an issue no way would we be below West Brom without Luis

Our best signings have cost us £6m and £0m.

And they being Bellamy & Enrique? While I agree they have been excellent buyt - our best buy by far has been suarez.

Well I think today showed he had just about had enough of Henderson on the right. Dragging him off at half time was the right move and it was something that obviously needed doing.

Gotta give Kenny credit for that.

The worry is he's done it loads before, I can't think of a game that Henderson has started on the right that he HASN'T been subbed off early in the second half because he had a woeful first half, yet he keeps starting there even after he had such a bad previous game there.

100%

Only Kenny to blame.

People refuse to hear it, refuse. And that's so dangerous.

This is a fallacy which really gets on my tits. How is it dangerous for people to say whatever they want about Kenny? Do you think that Henry and Werner will sack him or keep him at the club based on internet consensus? This isn't fucking Purslow and Broughton we're dealing with; these are shrewd men who will have their own professional advisers and a set of expectations that Kenny will be held to, so don't delude yourself that what people say and think, or the level of support they show to the manager will make any great deal of difference, and don't come on here saying 'it's dangerous' to back someone like Kenny because it's not dangerous in the slightest. What do you think will happen, exactly? Do you think that we'll be playing in League 2 under Dalglish, with FSG leaking money all over the place but going 'err, better not sack him, the fans think he's a legend!' You're talking rubbish.

The worry is he's done it loads before, I can't think of a game that Henderson has started on the right that he HASN'T been subbed off early in the second half because he had a woeful first half, yet he keeps starting there even after he had such a bad previous game there.

I don't think Henderson will start there again for a while.

It can't be justified. People can say what they like about him needing time etc... which is all true...but playing him there is detrimental to the team right now. So I'm almost certain he won't start at right wing for a while now.

The crux of the matter is we were shit today. We were set up wrong and that is down to Kenny. I love the man but I am worried that his 4-4-2 philosophy is just too archaic.

He is a wonderful manger in so much that he does but if he is going to stick with a poor set up and even worse, poor players in that set up then he deserves the same sort of criticism on this forum that Hodgson got.

People tore Roy apart for playing the same shite system. Hodgson believes in the system but never had the money to buy the players to play it so he can be excused to a certain extent for being the sort of manager that is everywhere in the game , Kenny believes in the system and had the money to buy players but has IMO failed at this. There is no excuse with having funds and failing to buy to play your system. I think we have the players to play a different system but sticking with 4-4-2 we are carrying too many players.

The objective surely was to get back into 4th. This involved buying better players that are ready now to improve the team. Only then can you look to other parts of the club like long term future. If Henderson is the future then he should not have been bought now. If he is for now then he should be played in CM.

All our signings have been poor bar Enrique and any other manger would get slated for this by everyone, but the past is blinding people. I call things when i see they are wrong, regardless of who the person is.

I am not calling for Kenny's head, i just want to see a change as it clear that his formula is not working. Set the team up differently and we could see better results, i really hope he does this.

Football is made complicated by stupid people. When we look at the people that manage teams we are hardly looking at the most intelligent people of the world. They are mostly past players.

There are few other places where someone is expected to perform the job of another. It is like a lawyer being asked to be a doctor. Why is it so hard to buy players for the roles you need. If you play a system then you buy for your system. Where is our right winger for a 4-4-2? If you play 4-4-2 shouldn't you have at least one pacy winger?

Personally in football I think a team needs to be built around one system but also adaptable. I think the 4-4-2 is the past, i think we are better set up for 4-3-3 and it needs to be played.

When i think of our best 5 players we have in attack, ie the players i think can change a game (whether it be scoring goals or creating goals/space) i think of the following: Suarez, Gerrard, Bellamy, Maxi and Kuyt. If they are not injured then at least 3 maybe 4 of them should start every game.

Tonight we started with one and he had an off game. This needs to be addressed.