You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man of the match - Game 8 - Wolverhampton Wanderers - Home - PL

Morse

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Chimp

Have to say I'm really doubting my own eyes now. I thought for long periods of the second half every time Wolves attacked down the flanks both full backs were skinned. The amount of balls that were coming in from the wings was unbelievable. Given that I was very surprised to see so many votes for Enrique in the top three. I'll have to have another watch. My top three would have been the same as "Kurt's" above:

Suarez

Carroll

Downing

Have to say I'm really doubting my own eyes now. I thought for long periods of the second half every time Wolves attacked down the flanks both full backs were skinned. The amount of balls that were coming in from the wings was unbelievable. Given that I was very surprised to see so many votes for Enrique in the top three. I'll have to have another watch. My top three would have been the same as "Kurt's" above:

Suarez

Carroll

Downing

There might have been one or two times Enrique let Jarvis cross, yes, but nothing compared to the luck he had on the other side (vs Kelly). I thought Enrique solved his task well, demonstrated by Jarvis' quick switch back to the left hand side. My worries with the crosses is more the poor communication/tracking back of Henderson/Downing and the terrible marking/heading from our CBs, meaning every cross is dangerous. Pepe struggled a bit yesterday with crosses too, but his distribution was fantastic, he nearly had 2 assists!

Hard one to call for me as Suarez was great and his goal was superb,but he he was pretty wasteful on a number of times.

He gave the ball away on a few occasions in bad positions I thought ie halfway line passing the ball back into our own half straight to a Wolves player.

Carroll had a good game to unlucky not to score,its a pity he wasnt on same wavelength as Louis when he played that through ball to him and Carroll hadnt moved into right place for it.

Like others I thought they were getting through not only on wings but also through the middle to easy,and if it wasnt for Lucas on a few occasions rescuing us it could of been worse.

Lucas appeared to be covering for everyone through out the second half mostly Kelly.

So on that I go.

Lucas

Suarez

Carroll

Close call for third place as I thought Gerrard with the little time on pitch sort of shored things up in midfield when he came on,helping Lucas out.

Suarez

Carroll

Reina

Only just managed to watch the full game. Enjoyed it. So many chances, with everyone involved at times and we really need to kill teams off. Hopefully Stevie's leadership will prove to be the turning point that will see the others take the chances with more composure and resolve. Hennessy had a great game really.

Finally the LFCTV graphic for the Guedioura sub said "On: Guedioura, Off: Roger Hunt". Still popping up in the box Roger, legend.