You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What will be our final league position 2010/11?

dou9thekopite

we have 6 matches remaining which is a maximum of 18 points, which would finish us on 66 points.

what position would that finish us in?

are 18 points possible?

is arsenal away the hardest game we have left?

would 63 or 64 points give us a chance of a good final placing?

so many variables and so many outcomes...

i have had a look at the remaining fixtures and also those of rivals, most importantly man city and spurs.

i think i may have come up with a result that may offer light at the end of the tunnel:drool:.... or have i?

17-04-11 arsenal v Liverpool ?

20-04-11 spurs v arsenal away win (draw?)

23-04-11 Liverpool v Birmingham home win

Spurs v west brom home win

25-04-11 blackburn v city draw

30-04-11 chelsea v spurs home win (draw?)

01-05-11 liverpool v Newcastle home win

City v west ham draw

07-05-11 spurs v blackpool home win (that could easily be worse for spurs)

Everton v city home win (well they are no use for anything else!)

09-05-11 fulham v Liverpool away win

10-05-11 city v spurs draw (probably a key result)

14-05-11 city v stoke home win

15-05-11 liverpool v spurs home win (obviously!!!)

22-05-11 villa v Liverpool away win

Spurs v Birmingham home win (but then again brummies might need points very badly)

Bolton v city draw

Arsenal away is tricky indeed but the rest are all clearly LFC winnable ;) dependant on the arsenal outcome the following totals are possible

PL W D L GD PTS

Liverpool 32 14 6 12 +7 48

Liverpool 38 20 6 12 +15? 66

Liverpool 38 19 7 12 +14? 64

Liverpool 38 19 6 13 +13? 63

The results above for city and spurs will lead to these final positions

Man city 38 17 12 9 63 after 32 pld current GD is +20

Spurs 38 17 12 9 63 after 31 pld current GD is +8

LFC must try to improve goal difference in case we do end up on same points as spurs, however it does look a stretch to better man city’s goal difference.

LFC winning all remaining 6 games looks 4<sup>th</sup> place friendly is the bottom line!

As great as it would be, I can't see us making up 8 points on Man City over 6 games. the damage was done earlier in the season. The home defeats to Blackpool and Wolves have cost us dear. If we'd have won either one of those games we'd have half a chance, but not now.

6th is where we'll finish this season, and rightly so.

There are rumblings in the press that Birmingham won't be granted a UEFA license due to their financial situation, so sixth may well be enough to get a UEFA spot. Didn't we only get in this year because of Portsmouth ?

Not sure how I feel about it, it's a trophy and I love Europe but we could perhaps do with a season out of it.

Anything other than a loss today and the quest for 4th is on. I know we are rebuilding already so what better way to do that next season than starting the league full of hopes and dreams and maybe even a good run in the champions league (and that cash wont suck either).

Despite the odds against us we have done pretty damn good today. Well done to the youngsters and well done kuyt in dispatching the pen in that clinical fashion, must have taken some nerve in the 100th minute!

I actually wasnt sure what to expect today but i have the opinion that spurs and city may only be able to reach as high as 63 points. We can still get 64 now!

I dont want to be realistic and down to earth or limit my expectations... I am walking through a storm with my head held high and i'm not afraid of the dark i.e. LFC failing to clinch 4th.

...at the end of the storm 4th is still very possibly there for the taking. I'm very tired of not expecting much, i miss knowing i can expect something and with King Kenny in charge my belief is back. Twinned with no faith in city and spurs abilities i believe we can still only lose a champs league spot

I was hoping for more positivity considering our run in and the other 4th place candidates run-ins and spurs actually over achieving and city unpredictable inept tendancies.

Having said that we do have to take 15 points from 5 games, but thats in our own hands not anyone elses and very achievable

Positivity still recovering after the yanks and the previous season and a half mate, sorry. Maybe next season though.

totally agree and to add to it a year out of europe and an assault of all domestic honours next season wouldnt do us any harm

europa league is ok but id rather have a year out and get into the champions league