You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

Funny how they believe this. If I was going to London I wouldn't say, "let's take a trip to Tottenhams new ground"

If the choice is BMD or Anfield there's only one winner because of the history.

I think @AngryOfTuebrook said that the council wanted to build a new station round by Vauxhall but Everton refused to put any money towards it. Sums the cunts up. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

I grew up not far from there, and it is very possibly one of the Seven Shitholes of the world.  Who the fuck wants to hang around there?  Even the strippers pubs have disappeared.

Even Nina's? That used to be booming on Friday's after work.

6 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

My mate was convinced that the Goat pub has strippers on who let you bang them on stage. We ended up there after being on an all dayer in town but there were just a couple of old fellas in there with their dogs playing chess and moaning about losing money on horse racing. 

It was one of the biggest disappointments of his entire life. 

That's a Ben Dover video alledgedly...

14 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

My mate was convinced that the Goat pub has strippers on who let you bang them on stage. We ended up there after being on an all dayer in town but there were just a couple of old fellas in there with their dogs playing chess and moaning about losing money on horse racing. 

Dogs playing chess and complaining about losing bets sounds ace though.

• Haha 9

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

That's a Ben Dover video alledgedly...

My mate shagged two strippers on stage at our footy team night out at the Ferndale in Waterloo about 20 years ago. For some reason he thought everyone there would keep quiet about it and his Mrs would never find out.....

• Haha 10

32 minutes ago, Tenfolder said:

The whole tourism thing boggles me to, it's a new ground with zero history, with a team that no one could give a fuck about on the world stage that will have a trophy room that contains not too much more than a cuckoo clock, right next to a shit farm and miles off the generally trodden path.... 

Yeah but they were the first club to wear numbers on their shirts. 

I don't know of any "new" stadiums that anyone has a burning ambition to tour unless you are a fan of that particular team.

At least doing tours of the likes of the San Siro, Bombonera, Bernabeu and Nou Camp are iconic stadiums with history and trophies to look at in the club museum. 

1 minute ago, halewood pete said:

I don't remember what the team was,but Everton had a home game against a European team,and all their team went to anfield and were pictured in the shop buying souvenirs!hilarious.

Does that not happen every time they play a European game?  Oh wait...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

I don't remember what the team was,but Everton had a home game against a European team,and all their team went to anfield and were pictured in the shop buying souvenirs!hilarious.

It was Atalanta. That famous night at the Old Lady under the lights where they had a 15,000 attendance which included 3000 Atalanta fans who all had lfc carrier bags. 

My daughters school were giving away tickets for that game and I think they only shifted about 5.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

It often happened.  The pool table was normally used.

2 minutes ago, stringvest said:

It often happened.  The pool table was normally used.

The dogs were playin chess on the pool table???  Blimey, that's a bit clever of them. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

My mate shagged two strippers on stage at our footy team night out at the Ferndale in Waterloo about 20 years ago. For some reason he thought everyone there would keep quiet about it and his Mrs would never find out.....

I saw a guy wearing a leather jacket shagging someone on a pool table in the Dominion one afternoon.  She then emptied a bottle of talc all over his coat.  He was moaning because he'd told his wife he was playing football.  His mates were in bulk.  One lad said:  "Tell her you fell on the line". Some other lad goes "Tell her you were playing Johnson & Johnsons".

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

A thoroughly enjoyable read!

Everton 1-5 Atalanta - BBC Sport

Everton were thrashed in front of their second lowest attendance ever in European competition.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Funny how they believe this. If I was going to London I wouldn't say, "let's take a trip to Tottenhams new ground"

If the choice is BMD or Anfield there's only one winner because of the history.

Only reason people go to the Spurs ground is the skywalk. At least they’ve given casual visitors a reason to visit. There’s no equivalent at BMD.

Then you’ve got them all pissing up the walls in the tobacco warehouse flats.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

It was Atalanta. That famous night at the Old Lady under the lights where they had a 15,000 attendance which included 3000 Atalanta fans who all had lfc carrier bags. 

My daughters school were giving away tickets for that game and I think they only shifted about 5.

Another famous Everton season in Europe

Many historic moments

A 2-2 draw with Apollon Limosol

4pts in the group

Screenshot_20240311_153209_Chrome.jpg

Everton-fan.jpg

1 hour ago, Tenfolder said:

The whole tourism thing boggles me to, it's a new ground with zero history, with a team that no one could give a fuck about on the world stage that will have a trophy room that contains not too much more than a cuckoo clock, right next to a shit farm and miles off the generally trodden path.... 

They keep banging on about it being an "iconic" stadium. In reality, there isn't a football stadium in the world that you'd call "iconic" on its architectural merits*. What makes a football ground "iconic" is the great things that happen there - and I don't see any great things happening at Bramley Moore Dock any time soon.

(* The Allianz is a possible exception, but it's the presence of Bayern Munich, rather than the funky cladding, that really makes it special.)

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

I think @AngryOfTuebrook said that the council wanted to build a new station round by Vauxhall but Everton refused to put any money towards it. Sums the cunts up. 

Oh, it's worse than that.

They're being asked to put up a contribution to a fan management zone (basically, a wall and some tarmac) at Sandhills, which is having to be expanded at the Council Tax payers' expense, but they're creating a stink about that.

Financially, they're as potless as their trophy cabinet.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

They keep banging on about it being an "iconic" stadium. In reality, there isn't a football stadium in the world that you'd call "iconic" on its architectural merits*. What makes a football ground "iconic" is the great things that happen there - and I don't see any great things happening at Bramley Moore Dock any time soon.

(* The Allianz is a possible exception, but it's the presence of Bayern Munich, rather than the funky cladding, that really makes it special.)

My mate who has no interest in football at all visited the Maracana (sp) when he was in Brazil.  So there's at least one (possibly Nou Camp too) but BMD definitely isn't one.