You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, redheart said:

I am assuming that pepper mills is a spoof account?

Because whenever the recorder part kicks in I piss myself laughing

It's a tongue in cheek one, she knows what she's doing, but it's not a full on parody.

The consensus of the replies to this are basically

* Then remove the picture at Finch Farm that celebrates a pitch invasion

* Even if we stay up, it's nothing to celebrate

* Don't give the Premier League an excuse to deduct points 

* If the pitch is for players, why don't we have any?

* Shut the fuck up

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Neiler

Player Valuation: £90m
Stay up or go down first piece of business we must do is ship out DCL. If you can’t play more than 10 games you’re taking up squad position and wages.

Its actually more nuanced dynamic in my opinion and i think you are right mate - a decision needs to be made on Dom in the hierarchy.

Its like this for me, strikers are the most sought after, expensive and one of the most limited skill sets in playing pools in the market. To get a good one you have to invest big but you also have to attract them - very few clubs bar the really massive ones can hold two top top strikers - in attracting them - you genreally have to assure them that they are the alpha. A very good striker isnt going to come to a club where there is an existing Alpha - for example Spurs have struggled for years to have a back up at 9 for Kane and have had to rely on wide forwards.

The dilema for us - is we have an Alpha in Dom, but hes not reliable. We need a striker and the one we need will need big investment, big wages and be convinced that they will be the alpha, elsewise you are shopping in the potential market punting or the Maupay market. Thats a big decision for the club in terms investment.

So we are either, dropping Dom down the hierarchy and he becomes the Beta and bringing in a new Alpha or we keep Dom as Alpha and are punting on potential with risk or getting something out of the Kone, Rondon, Maupay market. Alternatively, we buy wide hybrid forwards like Richarlision, but you feel like we need a 9.

Its a big call by the club.

Calvert-Lewin? An alpha male? Really?

According to his theory, Richarlison must have decided that being a Beta (pronounced "bayta", in case anyone thinks I'm suggesting he's capable of beating anything) at Spurs was preferable to being an Alpha at Everton.

Just now, stringvest said:

This is the day I've been looking forward to for months.  End of Liverpool's miserable season, and the last day possibility of the shite going down.

In a perfect universe, they'd be beating Bournemouth 1-0 and Leicester would be drawing with West Ham - right up until the last minute when Solanke equalises and Vardy nets the winner. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, clangers said:

Do they still put out DVD's? '2022/23 The Great Escape....Again'

Where Eagles Boo 

12 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Ah, fuck. They're going to win - Pepper's on the case.

Nah that’s it I want them to stay up. For Pepper 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You're not arsed about your missus; but now it's Pepper...

I've told her. I'm a toffee today, for Pepper. She barely even blinked. I'm very low on her priorities today. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

Bournmouth didn't stay in Liverpool last night.  Apparently they haven't forgotten what happened at Goodison in 2020 when they got relegated. Not sure what for but probably Everton fans being cunts when they went down. 

image.jpeg

“Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.”

• Upvote 1

Everton will definitely definitely stay up, definitely not going down today and finishing 18th I swear. In fact they will beat Bournemouth very very comfortably and Leicester will get a thrashing off West Ham and Everton will wonder what all the worrying was about when they invade the pitch in the millions. 

is this how this reverse jinxing works?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, angie said:

Everton will definitely definitely stay up, definitely not going down today and finishing 18th I swear. In fact they will beat Bournemouth very very comfortably and Leicester will get a thrashing off West Ham and Everton will wonder what all the worrying was about when they invade the pitch in the millions. 

is this how this reverse jinxing works?

You fucked it with the last sentence now when they stay up its all your fault!