You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sorry if I came across all whoremoanal feminist, I only read snippets of what was said in the paper so I can't agree or disagree in any depth, apart from to say that I believe we should be taxed solely on our incomes and not fixed assets (until they're sold), whether that be a mansion, a bedroom or a potted plant. I disagree with the mansion tax because I feel it's unfair, but it certainly doesn't evoke the same anger in me as the bedroom tax.

It just shocks me that people react so incredulously that a woman with a pretty face could actually hold her own valid opinion against a man. Obviously the first reaction of the mysoginists is to call her a bint.

Jesus fucking christ. People are having a go because shes talking out of her arse.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I've just had a look what you can get in London for under 2 million. 6 bed home in north west London, just away from Kilburn. I wouldn't mind parking my car in that fucker. Actually, I'd happily live in the garage and rent out the house.

I've just had a look what you can get in London for under 2 million. 6 bed home in north west London, just away from Kilburn. I wouldn't mind parking my car in that fucker. Actually, I'd happily live in the garage and rent out the house.

Kilburn is a shithole - look half a mile up the road in West Hampstead

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Kilburn is a shithole - look half a mile up the road in West Hampstead

It isn't in Kilburn. I said it's away from Kilburn. Eyes open, grandad! Still, if you're living in West Hampstead, you're most likely not giving a cock about 250 quid per month, considering your mortgage is £12,000 per month.

• Upvote 1

Jesus fucking christ. People are having a go because shes talking out of her arse.

Thank you for putting your opinion across in such a pleasant manner. If you'd bothered reading what I'd actually written, I said I did not agree, nor disagree with what she'd said. I objected to her being called a 'bint'. She's played classical piano, violin and harp since she was a young kid, and she's doing a degree in astronomy. She must have a bit going on up top.

It's not about what 2 mil can buy you, it's what falsely inflated price has been put on a house you may have bought for peanuts in 1985. There are loads of bog-standard semis in that price bracket too. It doesn't make the owners millionaires. As far as I can see, it's just another means of forcing ordinary folk out of the capital, and making sure only the super rich can live there.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It's not about what 2 mil can buy you

Yes it is. When somebody claims that 2m gets you a garage, but it actually gets you a 6 bed house in NW6, it actually is about what 2m can get you. As I said above, if you can afford to pay 12 thousand pounds per month for your mortgage, I'm not worried about you. That's why I had to say something about your point earlier about it being the same as the bedroom tax. We're comparing people who worry about 12 pence with people who worry about 12 million pence.

it's what falsely inflated price has been put on a house you may have bought for peanuts in 1985. There are loads of bog-standard semis in that price bracket too. It doesn't make the owners millionaires. As far as I can see, it's just another means of forcing ordinary folk out of the capital, and making sure only the super rich can live there.

No, it's not. I've already explained why that's not the case. If it was the case, I'd be against it myself.

If you'd bought a house 30 years ago, your mortgage would be minimal/non-existent. Her point, though very badly made, was that it's very possible to have a fairly humble home in London with a 2 million price tag, certainly not a 'mansion'.

That's what I took it for anyway, and I speak womanish.

If you'd bought a house 30 years ago, your mortgage would be minimal/non-existent. Her point, though very badly made, was that it's very possible to have a fairly humble home in London with a 2 million price tag, certainly not a 'mansion'.

That's what I took it for anyway, and I speak womanish.

That was exactly her point, TM. She wielded an axe through it, though.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

If you'd bought a house 30 years ago, your mortgage would be minimal/non-existent.

Yes, and if you don't have the money then you don't have to pay it. I agree that not all 2m homes are mansions, but it's tapered with payment bands. The more of a massive mansion you live in, the more you pay.