You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO Fernando Torres

Antynwa

I'm angry. So I don't want to say anything I will probably regret.

But Fernando, Fuck off. Your team mates are not beneath you, this club is not beneath you. You need to put a shift in, because for all your goals, you've achieved sweet fuck all at this club, and if you are going to achieve anything you're going to have to put in 100 times more effort than you are doing now.

Have a word with yourself.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Fernando, Fuck off. Your team mates are not beneath you, this club is not beneath you. You need to put a shift in, because for all your goals, you've achieved sweet fuck all at this club, and if you are going to achieve anything you're going to have to put in 100 times more effort than you are doing now.

This applies to the whole team mate. I don't see how he is expected to peform when he gets fuck all service. He's obviously a world class striker so I don't think it's a case of him not peforming, the shit tactics around him are preventing him from performing and have clearly demoralised him.

When you play as a striker and never really get the ball from your teammates there are not much you can do.

And when and if you finally get the ball you are crowded by defenders because the rest of your team is too far back its not easu to do much with it either.

Torres is not showing much these days but for me its pretty obvious why and its got nothing to do with lack of effort.

When you play as a striker and never really get the ball from your teammates there are not much you can do.

And when and if you finally get the ball you are crowded by defenders because the rest of your team is too far back its not easu to do much with it either.

Torres is not showing much these days but for me its pretty obvious why and its got nothing to do with lack of effort.

Very really agree with yourself mate but that's bang on for me.

The most joy we got tonight was from knockdowns when our centre half went up front. Torres, like all of us, are seriously fucked off with it all.

Code in between some of the crazy stuff you come out with there are some genuinely honest brilliant posts. This is one of them.

If I'm honest I don't think Torres is 100% mentally comitted but do the people constantly wanting to blame him watch the games. Do they see the fucking shite we are served up with and the fact that our main route of attacking is fucking hoof over and over again.

Yelling at him ain't going to help, he needs a manager that's going to put an arm round his shoulder y'know massage he's ego and all that a bit like oh what's his name now......... that bloke who used to manage Fulha........oh

Haha.

So you meet this bird, she's a great looking thing with a top personality, and a mate at work sets the two of you up. You're pretty important in your company, you've got a promotion in your sights and things are looking up. She likes it when you take her out for dinner and make her laugh.

Then, things go wrong. You fall out with your boss and lose your job. You get a new one but it depresses you and you begin to change. The sense of humour goes and you start drinking. You lose your confidence. She starts to change towards you, too, and you can see things coming to an end.

The impossibility that you are in any part responsible is too much to confront in your weakened state, so you cling onto the idea that everything is her fault. "Who do you think you are that you're not good enough for me? You used to bring me breakfast in bed and sit on the sofa with me watching the footy - now all you do is moan that I've got no job and haven't shaved for two weeks. I'd be better off without you."

Guest ShoePiss

Torres is the new scapegoat then. Under a better manager Torres would not be having a season like he is currently and neither would the other international class players we have.

Roy is the problem, not Torres.

I'd say half and half. Certainly, earlier in the season, the effort was there, even when things weren't going well. But lately he hasn't shown the effort he should. I agree with what your saying about the tactics and isolation, but his attitude hasn't been the best lately either.

I do note a bit of a snowball beginning where some former ART members are laying a lot of blame at Torres's door. Are we going to see ATT, I wonder?

Cringe.

As if Torres reads TLW.

At the minute, every player on the pitch bar Gerrard and Reina are beneath him.

At the minute, we, as a club are beneath him.

He's a great striker but he can't beat 11 mean and score all the time.

He's probably thinking about the last time he had more than 2 through balls played to him in a game.

No service = No performance.

Haha.

So you meet this bird, she's a great looking thing with a top personality, and a mate at work sets the two of you up. You're pretty important in your company, you've got a promotion in your sights and things are looking up. She likes it when you take her out for dinner and make her laugh.

Then, things go wrong. You fall out with your boss and lose your job. You get a new one but it depresses you and you begin to change. The sense of humour goes and you start drinking. You lose your confidence. She starts to change towards you, too, and you can see things coming to an end.

The impossibility that you are in any part responsible is too much to confront in your weakened state, so you cling onto the idea that everything is her fault. "Who do you think you are that you're not good enough for me? You used to bring me breakfast in bed and sit on the sofa with me watching the footy - now all you do is moan that I've got no job and haven't shaved for two weeks. I'd be better off without you."

Uncanny

He'll go and fair play to him, i have no beef with Nando. Would i like him to play with less whinging and moaning and a little more effort? Of course. But let's not kid ourselves, he's always been like this when he's having a bad time, he gets down and frustrated, always has done. It's not like he's just suddenly gone "ah fuck it i can't be arsed playing this season i'm just going to sulk" is it?

He left his home club to come here and win things. He has about 6 years left in his career to do that and realises it's probably not going to be possible here. He's fucked off with a lack of service, with having to create and score most of our goals on his own and he's probably enraged at getting less touches of the ball than our goal keeper when we're playing Wolves at home. I'd be acting like a petulant little twat too and throwing my toys out of the pram, sulking, arguing, shouting etc as well if i had to stand 30 yards from my team mates and fight big fat talantless cunts for long balls while they kick the shit out of me in order for us to win a throw in. It's what happens when people are frustrated, they express it and lose motivation. Most players would and do behave like that when they've been on a sinking ship for so long and if you think any different go have a look at how our lord and savior played last season when he wanted the manager to leave.