You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Red Nick

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc
18 Liverpool 6 1 2 0 4 3 0 1 2 2 6 -3 6

19 Wolverhampton 7 1 1 1 4 4 0 1 3 3 8 -5 5

20 West Ham 7 1 1 2 4 7 0 1 2 1 7 -9 5

You have to go back to Souness days for such despair

At least wait until us to play tomorrow, oh hang on we won't be in the relegation places tomorrow, we'll be mid table and your point won't be the same.

(not that I am saying mid table is ok, it's where we will probably loiter)

panic-button-l.jpg

Does anyone know when we were last in the bottom 3 I think we may have touched it under souness but I am not sure , maybe only bottom 6

We were bottom 3 under Houllier after 3 games but went on to finish in the top 2 (I think) but I cant see that happening.

Certainly cant remember us being bottom 3 after 6 games.

The worse thing is its taken 6 games to get there.

Sloppy by your standards Nick, at least wait until after tomorrow's result. But I'll humour you anyway. Our league positions after 7 games:

2010 - 18th (Lose) 16th (Draw) 10th (Win)

2009 - 4th

2008 - 2nd

2007 - 2nd

2006 - 9th

2005 - 12th

2004 - 8th

2003 - 8th

2002 - 2nd

2001 - 6th

2000 - 4th

In 92-93, our start under Souness saw us in 14th. Can't be arsed looking up anymore.

So if we win tomorrow, you'd only have to go back to 2005 to find a worse start to a recent league season. A season that finished with us sitting in 3rd with 82 points.

Don't give a fuck how many games are left. The way we are playing, it will be a relegation scrap.

When we've played 32 games and still in the bottom 3, I might just panic about a relegation scrap then.

Until such time, all talk of "relegation scraps" is shite tbh.

When we've played 32 games and still in the bottom 3, I might just panic about a relegation scrap then.

Until such time, all talk of "relegation scraps" is shite tbh.

Oh for fuck sake, 32 games. If in 32 games we are still in the relegation zone panicing wont do us much good cause we'll be well and truly fucked.