You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

In six months (make that four), the Benitez era will seem like a golden age.

RSM

Just like we net spent £20 million in the summer of 2009? Just like all funds raised from player sales are re-invested in the squad? Just like Cecil was gonna secure investment by Easter? Just like Cecil never criticised H & G in the minutes?

Do you honestly believe that when its 'reported' that we sell a player for a fee of say £20M that that is the 'Actual' figure for a start and secondly that the club gets the full fee amount in one swoop ?

I tell you now mate we dont. So if we start the summer by agreeing a fee of 20M for a player does not mean we get said £20M the minute the deal is signed.

Most fee's come in staggered payments.

Now work out the net spend. You wont be able to so you cannot make such statements.

He brought investors to the table. The yanks fucked em off. His part of the job is done.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh right, so how come there's no commotion when people still pine for Xabi? I haven't seen you moaning at anyone for making a 'Wish we have Xabi here' comment before, and there are plenty of them.

At the end of the day, it's the same thing.

The issues are very inter-linked, by losing Xabi it rapidly increased our decline. By removing Rafa we've just done it again to the same effect.

Where do you reckon we'll finish this season? Baring in mind the squad is better than last year?

Its not the same thing and even if it was whats the point in it ?

It gets us nowhere.

As for where we'll finish ? Fuck knows, Ive no expectations for this season at all, new manager and all that.

Do you honestly believe that when its 'reported' that we sell a player for a fee of say £20M that that is the 'Actual' figure for a start and secondly that the club gets the full fee amount in one swoop ?

I tell you now mate we dont. So if we start the summer by agreeing a fee of 20M for a player does not mean we get said £20M the minute the deal is signed.

Most fee's come in staggered payments.

Now work out the net spend. You wont be able to so you cannot make such statements.

He brought investors to the table. The yanks fucked em off. His part of the job is done.

Why is he still here? Why was he taking it upon himself to replace our manager, ignoring the help and advice from the King?

Does it matter if said money comes in staggered payments? When you raise far more in player sales than you spend, (in staggered payments over time of course), money is disappearing and he's lying. We're making a profit, anyone else care to take this point up?

Didn't we get the Alonso money all in one go?

He brought one serious investor to the table, who made a weak offer. He's been caught lying on more than one occasion.

Until the club is sold, his part of the job is not done, same with Broughton. He took the job on knowing what Hicks and Gillet would expect to earn from the club. His choice to take it on.

Why is he still here? Why was he taking it upon himself to replace our manager, ignoring the help and advice from the King?

Does it matter if said money comes in staggered payments? When you raise far more in player sales than you spend, (in staggered payments over time of course), money is disappearing and he's lying. We're making a profit, anyone else care to take this point up?

Didn't we get the Alonso money all in one go?

He brought one serious investor to the table, who made a weak offer. He's been caught lying on more than one occasion.

Until the club is sold, his part of the job is not done, same with Broughton. He took the job on knowing what Hicks and Gillet would expect to earn from the club. His choice to take it on.

Im not sure he 'took' it upon himself to get rid of Rafa, isnt that a board decision, along with the manager in question ?

We know where any extra money is going, he admitted that himself in his interview the other day. Is that down to him ?

Who , I ask you, in their right mind is going to invest at the levels that H and G want or wanted back then ? Not many, but he had a go at it. Just look at the difficult job he has in doing that. Not much room for maneuver really.

All too easily he has been judged from the off, even before he started and rumours surfaced about him.

We make judgements on people very quickly, if its a negative one its very hard to be turned around.

Im not sure he 'took' it upon himself to get rid of Rafa, isnt that a board decision, along with the manager in question ?

We know where any extra money is going, he admitted that himself in his interview the other day. Is that down to him ?

Who , I ask you, in their right mind is going to invest at the levels that H and G want or wanted back then ? Not many, but he had a go at it. Just look at the difficult job he has in doing that. Not much room for maneuver really.

All too easily he has been judged from the off, even before he started and rumours surfaced about him.

We make judgements on people very quickly, if its a negative one its very hard to be turned around.

Look at the situation, Rafa's away on holiday, after describing constructive talks he'd held with Broughton regarding the progression of the team.

Then, the media out of nowhere release this massive story that he's been offered the money to terminate his contract, with everywhere saying if he declines he knows his position is untenable. When the man wasn't in the fucking country, he was resting with his family back home. Yes it certainly seems a fair and happy decision taken by everyone involved.

Then, we have talks of Pellegrini, Kenny and we get Roy Hodgson? On what level, is it logical to have appointed him as the replacement? Catastrophe.

Oh, and the point stands that Cecil so far has failed, he took the job on knowing his brief, and didn't secure the investment. No more needs to said on that.

We know where the extra money is going from his interview? Where he ran the propaganda line that it's all invested back into the squad? Where's the Dossena, Yossi, Voronin, Mihaylov and Masch money gone? There's a good chunk of that missing.

Not to mention the money saved from Aquilanis wages (3-4 million), that could be used in staggered payments.

Look at the situation, Rafa's away on holiday, after describing constructive talks he'd held with Broughton regarding the progression of the team.

Then, the media out of nowhere release this massive story that he's been offered the money to terminate his contract, with everywhere saying if he declines he knows his position is untenable. When the man wasn't in the fucking country, he was resting with his family back home. Yes it certainly seems a fair and happy decision taken by everyone involved.

Then, we have talks of Pellegrini, Kenny and we get Roy Hodgson? On what level, is it logical to have appointed him as the replacement? Catastrophe.

Oh, and the point stands that Cecil so far has failed, he took the job on knowing his brief, and didn't secure the investment. No more needs to said on that.

We know where the extra money is going from his interview? Where he ran the propaganda line that it's all invested back into the squad? Where's the Dossena, Yossi, Voronin, Mihaylov and Masch money gone? There's a good chunk of that missing.

Not to mention the money saved from Aquilanis wages (3-4 million), that could be used in staggered payments.

Roy's appointment was BACKED by a recommendation made by Kenny.

The holiday business ? Nobody knows the ins and outs of it. Its all speculation mate.

He took the job to FIND investment, it was never up to him if the yanks SECURED it or not.

The money debate ? I appreciate the worry about that but surely a man of his intelligence would know he cannot and will not fool Liverpool fans ? For his sake I hope not but the net spend argument is one thing that noone can comment on as the real figures are locked up in a safe in someones office. We only go on what the press reports.

The reason, if we have no net spend, is the americans, not the MD.

Roy's appointment was BACKED by a recommendation made by Kenny.

If Kenny genuinely thought Roy was the best man for the job, why did he put himself forward?

The holiday business ? Nobody knows the ins and outs of it. Its all speculation mate.

Put two and two together, and you'll get four. Re-read what I said above.

He took the job to FIND investment, it was never up to him if the yanks SECURED it or not.

So no investment has been secured, once again, why is he still here? Why is he making football decisions?

The money debate ? I appreciate the worry about that but surely a man of his intelligence would know he cannot and will not fool Liverpool fans ? For his sake I hope not but the net spend argument is one thing that noone can comment on as the real figures are locked up in a safe in someones office. We only go on what the press reports.

The reason, if we have no net spend, is the americans, not the MD.

Not his fault, he shouldn't be lying about it. He's told too many lies to the fans, managers and players in his short time here. I'm astounded, you actually believe we had a £20 million net spend last summer? Does anyone else agree with this figure?!

Because you asked why Purslow was still here.

Come off mate, you know exactly what I meant. Purslow is an investment banker, he came in to try and secure investment, he ultimately didn't, as he couldn't find an offer high enough for his employers. He failed in his task, so why is he the managing director? Shouldn't we have someone more qualified in this position?

Come off mate, you know exactly what I meant. Purslow is an investment banker, he came in to try and secure investment, he ultimately didn't, as he couldn't find an offer high enough for his employers. He failed in his task, so why is he the managing director? Shouldn't we have someone more qualified in this position?

So why haven't we? Possibly because no one wants it whilst we're in such shit. So taken it on, and will until we're sold. Otherwise we're rudderless.

He'll be gone when the Americans sell. And if he's kept on by new owners, then it's possible he's been okay at his job.

If Kenny genuinely thought Roy was the best man for the job, why did he put himself forward?

Would he have made the final decision though ? If he was taken seriously ?

Put two and two together, and you'll get four. Re-read what I said above.

Speculation.

So no investment has been secured, once again, why is he still here? Why is he making football decisions?

Because-The-Yanks-Rejected-It, How many times do I have to say this ?

Not his fault, he shouldn't be lying about it. He's told too many lies to the fans, managers and players in his short time here. I'm astounded, you actually believe we had a £20 million net spend last summer? Does anyone else agree with this figure?!

Not once have I suggested how much we may or may not have had mate.

All Im saying is nobody is in a position to comment on actual, real figures as we know of nobody who would privy to that Information.

I suppose there's some merit to the article, in as much as Hodgson is not and never will be a better manager than Benitez.

And if you replace a manager you replace him with a better one, or not at all.

The whole situation discredits the board more than Hodgson or Rafa.

Our club lies in the dirt with a blade stuck in between it's shoulder blades. Blood is flowing from it and dripping into the soil. It's laboured breathing becoming more shallow with each passing moment.

And still, people don't act.. Just argue the toss over Rafa Benitez..

My Kingdom for a horse.