You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think a lot of our fans have under sold our club this summer:

- We won't sign Cole, why would he leave London to join a club 7th in the league.

- Gerrard is going to leave and who would blame him.

- Why would Hodgson want to risk his reputation and join LFC

- Torres will leave and he deserves better.

Thank god the players and new manager have more faith than some of our fans.

Summer is looking good thus far.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

- We won't sign Cole, why would he leave London to join a club 7th in the league.

MASS EXODUS

.....Anyone think the club just MIGHT be being sold, and Broughton is a good guy?

Whisper it quietly though.

Spot on lad + rep for you a guy with a brain and a heart.

What makes you say that?

2 free transfers and we will have made £10m profit when Insua finalises his deal.

Looking very good.

I am a football fan. I think Cole is an upgrade on Benayoun. I wanted to see Rafa go and I am happy with Hodgson. Plus it is looking like Torres / Gerrard will stay.

Insua has gone and will be replaced.

On the pitch things are looking good. We will see how the books balance at the end of the window.

What makes you say that?

2 free transfers and we will have made £10m profit when Insua finalises his deal.

Looking very good.

Err plus gerrard is staying and that might be key point in Torres staying and if that is case we have kept the most important parts of our squad and if that is case I can't see us doing as bad as we did last season.

Chin up stop wishing the worse or it might happen.

Hodgson welcomes Gerrard backing

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has welcomed captain Steven Gerrard's decision to publicly commit himself to the club.

The 30-year-old midfielder, who has been linked with a summer move to Real Madrid, backed Hodgson's plans, welcomed the arrival of new signing Joe Cole and said he was looking forward to playing alongside his England team-mate. And that has delighted Hodgson, who has met Gerrard only briefly since taking over from Rafael Benitez on July 1.

"It's a great piece of news," said the 62-year-old Englishman. "There won't be anyone in Liverpool who isn't delighted to hear that."

He added: "I'm really pleased about it because I've got great respect for Steven Gerrard.

"He's a player who I was really looking forward to working with when I came to Liverpool.

"It seems now with that commitment that this will happen. It gives everyone a boost without question.

"It will be a tough season, with a lot of matches and the disappointment of last season is going to take a while to dissipate, but it is very good that our best player is still going to be playing at this club.

"Hopefully with the signing of Joe Cole - and if we are lucky one or two others, to boost the squad - we will be going into this season's competition, maybe stronger on paper than we were last season."

To be fair, Gerrard has only just shown some faith - Masch and Torres have still yet to commit.

What makes you say that?

Looking very good.

I bet you thought Gary mac was a shite buy. Seriously, we know the shit we are in so we aren't gonna be spending gazillions of pounds on players. If we bring in the right signings and ship out the dross we can have a much stronger squad than last season and maybe with a change of tactics better results?

None of this changes the fact that we still need to ship out Gob and Shite soon.

Determined to meet any positive news with negativity then? Come on lad, 2 bits of excellent news in just 24 hours?! Not what we've been accustomed to lately. Dry your eyes, put your dummy back in, drop your gripes and hop on for the ride. It may not last that long!

I think you'll find positive comments elsewhere from me, you great brainless stinking gutbucket, but thanks anyway for breaking off from your girly sing-songing to stick your snout where it isn't needed.