You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He gets replaced by another liar, who is living on borrowed time with potential ownership looming.

They won't sack him anyway, they need to market the club as a stable entity

Chairman-Broughton

MD/CEO: Purslow

Commercial Director: Ayre

I bet the new guy couldn't lose 18-23m in a single year. I bet Broughton could tell the difference between a banker and an executive.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh the Rafa love in, and Z List Scouse Celebs who will be on the club channel tribute gig?

At least the marches felt more raw and powerful.

If Purslow goes, we still have the American owners.

Sly and slight condescending! And considering the fact that you were a paid employee of these yanks, you have a cheek!

They both go, not really sure what part of that outcome you are struggling with?

Here's my tuppence on Purslow;

The main thing I don't get that people blame Purslow for is the investment saga. I mean he was originally brought in to replace Parry and help with the day to day running of the club Liverpool name new managing director - Liverpool FC Reds role for Purslow - Liverpool FC, yet people claim he was only brought in to find investment, which isn't true. That was probably one of, if not his most important roles, but it wasn't the only reason he was hired. A club as big as ours would have needed someone to oversee things on a daily basis.

Also, in regards to the investment, it wasn't his decision to accept offers, was it? He found investment such as the Rhone group, but G&H rejected their offer. So how can people say he failed to find investment? Nobody in the right mind would pay £100m for a 10/15% stake in the club given the state it's in. I've no doubt that he could have probably done better, but again, I don't see how he can be solely blamed when he didn't have the authority to accept offers. He found investment, but the owners rejected it. It's not like now were the owners have stood down and don't really have a say in the matter.

I'm far from clued up on all things 'takeover', so am basing all this solely on what I've read and what seems to be reputable, rather than hearsay and speculation. If someone else who knows more about can provide me with more info then I'd be extremely grateful.

The way he treated the sacking of Rafa was a disgrace. I wanted Rafa gone for well over a year, and think he's far from the saint that some portrayed him to be, but the way that Purslow went about doing it was totally disrespectful to what Rafa had done for the club. Plus his constant leaking to the press to undermine the manager during the season was out of order. I've no doubt the manager was doing the same against Purslow, but for a self proclaimed Liverpool fan to be constantly dragging our name through the dirt is fucking sickening.

I'll stop here as I'll no doubt get called a Purslowpologist (just a joke, don't hang me out to dry yet), when it couldn't be further from the truth. I want him gone along with the owners, and think he's a slimy, attention seeking, power hungry cunt who just wants to get himself in the headlines, but it seems to me that people are letting their hearts rule their heads, and are making him a scapegoat for all things at boardroom level, rather than just criticising him for things that he is accountable for.

With regards to other posters saying that we should concentrate on the Yanks and the banks, I see no problem with anyone going after Purslow, as long as it doesn't prevent people from still protesting against RBS and G&H. Unfortunately, it seems fans have prioritised Purslow as the main culprit for abuse, when the owners and the banks aren't going to give a fuck. They'll just be happy the heat isn't constantly on them.

I bet the new guy couldn't lose 18-23m in a single year. I bet Broughton could tell the difference between a banker and an executive.

But it'll be the Yanks making the appointment, and as people delighted in asking before Benitez was booted out: Would you trust them to make the right appointment?

But it'll be the Yanks making the appointment, and as people delighted in asking before Benitez was booted out: Would you trust them to make the right appointment?

It'd be almost impossible for them to make a worse appointment. That Gordon fellow nailed it for me. The guy is way out of his depth and it's costing us, money we don't have BTW, at every turn.

In any event the real point is to keep the pressure up on the non-footballing side of the club. Thats where the problems are and he has made himself an easy target, it would seem a shame to waste the opportunity to let the suits know what we think. And the benefit if we passed up the opportunity. NONE.

He's low hanging fruit, pluck him.

The minutes exposed Purslow for the lying scum he is, fans of LFC have wanted him out for some time now, Benitez was just the straw that broke the camels back for many. For many others, Purslow has been exposed and is as much of the problem as the rest and this has been recognised long before Benitez was removed.

'Senior Sources', remember this term?

Yeah, but that's what people said about Purslow when he replaced Parry: "Can't be any worse.2 Apparently he is, though.

To be fair they probably are as bad as each other. I don't see any harm in applying pressure though. What's the benefit in cutting him slack?

Dunno.

So the upside is he can't waste anymore of our transfer budget, and the fans see they can make a difference; they can make a difference. That'd be a real shot in the arm IMO, the greatest antidote to the current apathy that's holding the main campaign back. And with no discernible downside.

PLUCK HIM.

Yeah, it was a cheap shot but I wanted to get the link in with the transfer budget. Hodgson was just collateral damage. He needs to get used to it anyway. Get acclimated to TLW etc etc.

I'm sure he will be able to manage the brickbats slightly better than the more excitable elements of TLW. I would hope so anyway; he's not getting any younger and he doesn't need any help in walking towards the light.

I want Purslow gone as a matter of priority but he'll be around our necks for a while yet. For the moment I'll consider it a minor victory when supporters stop giving the lying leech leeway just because he sacked Rafa.

He's gone, get over it. You are now free to open your eyes and move on.

I'm sure he will be able to manage the brickbats slightly better than the more excitable elements of TLW. I would hope so anyway; he's not getting any younger and he doesn't need any help in walking towards the light.

Death, taxes and scapegoating the manager.

Is this discussion really still going on?

Talk about making one feather into a whole chicken farm.

If the mother of your two perfect children moves out, will you still keep her picture over the sofa in the living room even if she`s let you down massively the last couple of years and your new girlfriend is about to move in?

Those who have a problem with this from Purslow only have it because they are looking for every little excuse to have a problem with him.

Its also known as paranoia.

If the mother of your two perfect children moves out, will you still keep her picture over the sofa in the living room even if she`s let you down massively the last couple of years and your new girlfriend is about to move in?

Those who have a problem with this from Purslow only have it because they are looking for every little excuse to have a problem with him.

Nice try.

Guest The Chimp

You're like King Canute Frode. It can't have been put any more clearly by his detractors on here what the issues with him are and yet in spite of this you still refuse to acknowledge them. As someone who is a critic of Purslow you're basically telling me that what I've written is shite and it's because of Benitez's sacking that I've an issue. Simply, that you know the rationale behind my dislike for Purslow better then I know it myself. You've not even read the past few pages have you? You've been sitting in a chair, drinking WKD, looking at pictures of Audi TT's and by strength of mind alone stopping the sea coming in.

If people have a problem with Purslow thats fine by me, but this episode is just petty when you look at it in the big picture.

A bit like The Shepherd Boy and the Wolf.

By all means criticise him for things that actually have something to do with the main issue at helm, but personally I found the article by RR ridiculous if I`m honest.

I had not read the last couple of pages when I wrote my first post you are right, I have now and I notice the discussion have moved on to a broader perspective which is fine.

It was paranoia a couple of years ago that the yanks would eventually destroy the club

It was paranoia a couple of years ago that the yanks would eventually destroy the club

I`ve been against the yanks since before they bought the club, I wonder what Purslows biggest critics thought about them earlier?

I like paranoia. Paranoia is good. One of my perfect children is a pothead, and the other a kleptomaniac. They look good, though. I don't have a girlfriend, just uncle Roy hanging around. He is a good man, and thorough. Kind of zero charisma, but nice. Our neighbor has geese and goats. No chicken, but an ass, as well. He was imported from Norway.