You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Now Benitez is gone, which players will a new manager look to get rid of?

RafaLaBamba

I think it's likely the deadwood will be slowly shifted over 2 or 3 years. A new manager won't be able to just come in and sell 10 players and sign 10 players, it never works out that way.

And I think a few players might find a new lease of life under new management, and whoever takes over will want to see the players himself before he lets them go.

You really think it'll be the new manager letting the players go?

Whats with the Cavalieri suggestions?

He's always gave a good account on the very few occasions he got to play? He's a decent enough understudy to Reina I think.

I think probably because we'd be able to get a couple of quid for him to (maybe) go in the transfer pot, mate.

Decent enough understudy, I agree, but if we got between £1-1.5m for him, I'd get shut and have Gulacsi as no2.

He's always gave a good account on the very few occasions he got to play? He's a decent enough understudy to Reina I think.

I've personally always thought he's looked nervous when he's played and doesn't ever really look like he wants to catch the ball. Plus, if we sell him we may raise in the region of £5mill and we could just promote Gulacsi to 2nd choice which would mean we would be gaining money to spend on targets. To me, it looks like it would be a good bit of business.

Can't remember the source but he asked if he could go back to Brazil not long back.

If we sold him to a european side we could get at least £3m but if he's going back to a Brazilian club I don't think we'll get as much.

The new manager should sell Lucas, Insua and Eggnog immediately. They did more to hurry along Benitez's departure last season than most. At least with under-performers like Gerrard we know he *can* be world class. Those three simply have to go.

I would also shed few tears if Benayoun left, and while I do rate and like Kuyt, amybe we need to bring fresh blood in all over the park.

I would worry more about the possibility of losing one, or more of our best four players:

Torres, Masher, Gerrard and Reina.

We won't see all four of those in the same team again, that's for sure.

el zahar got to go i didnt realise hes 24 years old (presumed he was 19-20) if he was going to be any kind of player would have been by now,plessis,soto,Riera,spearing(dont think he will make it at l,pool) kuyt(if we get a good offer 30 now and not an out an out goalscorer)yossi (recon hes made his mind up to go) masch(same reason as yossi) possibly Babbel (just think his heart isnt in it would suit italian football i think) could get in about 50-60 million not that we will get anything of it back

Unfortunately, any new manager will have his / her hands tied by our Capitalist Pig Owners who have first call on club assets.

Sven is probably desperate for continued respect and another chance to climb the football ladder, and would do the job for nothing, with nothing, fool that he is.

Sven is probably desperate for continued respect and another chance to climb the football ladder, and would do the job for nothing, with nothing, fool that he is.

Yeah, he's always been one for the job rather than the pay packet has old Sven.

It's actually kind of weird to me, all sarcasm aside, that you could type anything so completely, utterly, ineffably *wrong*. So wrong it's almost come full fucking circle all the way to right.

Reina - Keep

Cavalieri - Sell

Johnson - Keep

Kelly - Keep

Degen - Sell

Carra - Keep

Skrtel - Keep

Agger - Sell

Soto - Keep

Insua - Keep

Masch - Keep

Lucas - Sell

Aquilani - Keep

Gerrard - Keep

Kuyt - Sell

Benayoun - Sell

Babel - Keep

Riera - Sell

Maxi - Keep

Jovanovic - Keep

El Zhar - Sell

Torres - Keep

N'Gog - Sell

Yeah, he's always been one for the job rather than the pay packet has old Sven.

It's actually kind of weird to me, all sarcasm aside, that you could type anything so completely, utterly, ineffably *wrong*. So wrong it's almost come full fucking circle all the way to right.

Pay no attention to me, been off my face for about 3 days. It's my process to hide from 'reality' until I can formulate a plan to face said 'reality'

There will be several mid ranking players he may not fancy and would be quite sellable e.g. Babel, Kuyt; and there would be several fringe players who should be sold, though money recouped from them will be minimal.

I would have thought £30M+ would be easy to come up with, plus the mooted £15M that is available. With £50M spent wisely the team could be freshened up and one or two of the better youngsters promoted.

A bigger issues is whether we sell any top tier players, and there are questions marks over Mascherano, Stevie and Nando. Mascherano would be the easiest to replace, Nando the hardest. The issue at this level is whether the manager gets all the money to reinvest. If he does, we might still be OK. If not, we are weakened.

I think probably because we'd be able to get a couple of quid for him to (maybe) go in the transfer pot, mate.

Decent enough understudy, I agree, but if we got between £1-1.5m for him, I'd get shut and have Gulacsi as no2.

In one.

And whoever the number two is, they should be the reserves number one.

I never understood why Rafa wouldnt allow Cavalieri to play in the reserves.

I think a new manager would keep Kuyt and see him as a senior member of the squad. Obviously not to the same, at times frightening, extent as before but I think he'll still be playing a lot of games for us. I also think the new man would try his hand with Babel, outside Anfield people still reckon he could be a good player.

Beyond that, not knowing who this manager is ( Lippi's ideas on football differ from Mark Hughes') and whether three of our best players want away or not, it's too difficult to say.

There’s no way a new manager would get rid of Dirk.

Dutch international

Scores vital goals

Balls of steel

Always gives 100%

Can play in a couple of positions

Doesn’t moan and twat about

Good squad man

It still amazes me on TLW where Erik Meijer is a cult hero and Neil Mellor is still held in fond regard that people call Dirk Kuyt all matter of names under the sun, and it’s readily accepted.