You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Froch Vs Kessler

Curly

You'd always get scoring like that when theres a boxer with huge following boxing at home unfortunantly.

unfortunatley that is very true, as much as I hate paulie malignaggi when he went nuts on camera at the judges when he fought diaz it was quality, judges who can't score fights properly should be allowed near the big matches.

Thats why when you go abroad you don't showboat with your hands down telling the other fighter that he ain't hurting you. You knock the cunt out. Didn't nobody watch Nigel Benn in his prime? He went over to Italy and the US and smack their boys all over the shop and came home with the belts.

unfortunatley that is very true, as much as I hate paulie malignaggi when he went nuts on camera at the judges when he fought diaz it was quality, judges who can't score fights properly should be allowed near the big matches.

I loved when Paulie said that as that was pure robbery, at least he got his revenge.

Some of the scoring i've seen lately has been disgraceful and it's something they need to look at but they just won't. I had the fight 5 rounds each as i didn't see 9 + 10 due to a lost link but to give Kessler that fight by 6 rounds is terrible.

Saw rounds 2 through 10 before the link disappeared.

Felt that Froch had the bigger one-punch power, but just wasn't busy enough.

I know the venue shouldn't matter to the judging, but human nature being what it is

you must surely be aware that if you are fighting in Denmark's answer to Royston Vasey you need to win rounds clearly.

I had it 6-3 Kessler on the rounds I saw.

Saw rounds 2 through 10 before the link disappeared.

Felt that Froch had the bigger one-punch power, but just wasn't busy enough.

I know the venue shouldn't matter to the judging, but human nature being what it is

you must surely be aware that if you are fighting in Denmark's answer to Royston Vasey you need to win rounds clearly.

I had it 6-3 Kessler on the rounds I saw.

Yeah agree that Froch didn't do enough during rounds and he had the power, it just looked like his gameplan was to wait for kessler to make a move and counterpunch. An all out war suits Froch much better.

Great fight tonight that could've gone either way in the street fight that was round 12. Trying not to be too biased by my nationality, I think Kessler was well worth the win as Froch won no more than 2-3 rounds as far as I can tell.

There was always a big chance that he'd end it prematurely, but Kessler showed a strong chin the two times a clean right landed on it.

Froch's ability to take hits was pretty fucking impressive as well - he looked impossible to shake.

All in all a nice fight with two boxers wanting to box and not back down or grab each other.

The Super Six is still exciting with at least four good boxers in Ward, Abraham, Froch and Kessler.

Don't forget Dirrell mate.

It's such a shame that Sky or even ITV won't show any of this let alone Froch who's nearly always guaranteed a great fight. It's been a great tournament so far.

You're right. It's the same over here where it's only on pay per view. Half the people of Denmark would watch Kessler if the fight was on a national channel. Instead I had to pay 50 pounds to watch it on TV. Ridiculous.

You're right. It's the same over here where it's only on pay per view. Half the people of Denmark would watch Kessler if the fight was on a national channel. Instead I had to pay 50 pounds to watch it on TV. Ridiculous.

50pounds? Holy shit that's disgraceful, i thought the 18euro Primetime was charging was a rip off!

Mayweather vrs Mosley is on SS1 next week so at least there's no PPV there although it's the biggest fight of the year so far.

Froch just fought a bad fight tactically I thought. Counter punching with low hands is a tough task and his work rate was much lower than normal. I suspect an injury hampered him more than it normally does as he didn't seem himself. Anyway, a well poised tournament and Froch has a very tough fight next against Abraham and needs to win.

I'd like to see a return fight in England later in the tournament or after it. It was a close fight, with the better quality punches coming from Froch. Kessler kept coming forward though and intent seems to score well with judges. Also the crowd cheer every punch thrown and missed.

The commentators were shit too on Primetime. It was like Haye Valuev, with the British commentators going over the top being critical of our man. It must be nerves that do it to them!

I'd like to see a return fight in England later in the tournament or after it. It was a close fight, with the better quality punches coming from Froch. Kessler kept coming forward though and intent seems to score well with judges. Also the crowd cheer every punch thrown and missed.

I thought Froch actually blocked and avoided a good deal of Kesslers punches but like you say the crowd cheers anyway so it can have an influence on judges scorecards.

There's a massive difference in throwing punches and actually landing them which is why i thought the scoring was poor except for the 116-114.

I thought Froch actually blocked and avoided a good deal of Kesslers punches but like you say the crowd cheers anyway so it can have an influence on judges scorecards.

There's a massive difference in throwing punches and actually landing them which is why i thought the scoring was poor except for the 116-114.

im not sure if its a written rule, or unwritten, but if the round is even, its usually scored in favour of the aggressor,

which is fair enough really

didnt some las vegas judge famously get the sack for scoring a 10/10 round in the first holyfield vs Lewis fight years ago, they just dont belive in 10/10 rounds in america, so most judges follow that system,

so it pays to command the ring, and not run around like a girl :yes:

im not sure if its a written rule, or unwritten, but if the round is even, its usually scored in favour of the aggressor,

which is fair enough really

didnt some las vegas judge famously get the sack for scoring a 10/10 round in the first holyfield vs Lewis fight years ago, they just dont belive in 10/10 rounds in america, so most judges follow that system,

so it pays to command the ring, and not run around like a girl :yes:

There are different styles. Froch wasnt running like a girl. He was waiting for Kessler to telegraph his punches and counter with his quick and dangerous one-twos. Froch had the tactics right, he just needed more side movement as going backwards and forwards suits Kessler.

American judges are famous for never scoring 10/10 rounds but they also usually score a close round to the champion. Well unless its a Golden Boy or Don King challenger...