You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Positive Thinking

T0RRES

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Oh,I say old bean. That will be positively spiffing.

He’d likely understand those oldey gay adjectives!

Joking aside, I mention it because Keita didn’t when he came & struggled (which given he has 12m to practice is inexcusable) and Nunez didn’t, doesn’t seem to have improved much and has struggled.

I know there will be expectations, I’m not saying it’s a hard and fast rule. It shirely, must be easier to fit into a new employer knowing the language.

6 hours ago, Moo said:

Bit misleading that by the looks of it.  At least six players there are apparently the same age in 23/24 as they were in 22/23.  

With the ages fixed to this year the average is 24.75 so I'd say some of the numbers in brackets in the 23/24 column need to be changed but the final number is correct. 

However, even just by releasing Milner the average age dropped to 26.1. 

22 hours ago, an tha said:

My mate was moaning to me about “we’ve lost 4 midfielders, we’ve only replaced them with” 2 earlier so I made TD_LFC’s point with this high class excel document…

IMG_9537.jpeg

…this is the total minutes by each player across all competitions.

So in total despite losing 4 players (I’m not including Arthur) we’re actually only missing 32 games (I think we played c.48 games last season). 

You would hope, at the least, Szobo and Mac Allister post numbers >Hendo. Jones and Bajectic should contribute more as well (down know why didn’t include Jones in the above).

As usual, we just need to keep everybody fit. We don’t need more good luck, we need less bad luck. 

11 hours ago, Scott_M said:

My mate was moaning to me about “we’ve lost 4 midfielders, we’ve only replaced them with” 2 earlier so I made TD_LFC’s point with this high class excel document…

IMG_9537.jpeg

…this is the total minutes by each player across all competitions.

So in total despite losing 4 players (I’m not including Arthur) we’re actually only missing 32 games (I think we played c.48 games last season). 

You would hope, at the least, Szobo and Mac Allister post numbers >Hendo. Jones and Bajectic should contribute more as well (down know why didn’t include Jones in the above).

As usual, we just need to keep everybody fit. We don’t need more good luck, we need less bad luck. 

We shouldn't be relying on luck as one of the richest clubs in the world though. 

34 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We shouldn't be relying on luck as one of the richest clubs in the world though. 

You can’t legislate for 3 centre backs having season ending injuries or virtually all our key players form dropping as dramatically as last season. 

To prepare for that, you’d need a squad the size of Chelsea’s, which is un-workable. 

A season with no season derailing incidents, like 18/19, 19/20 or 21/22, is what I’m referring to. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

You can’t legislate for 3 centre backs having season ending injuries or virtually all our key players form dropping as dramatically as last season. 

To prepare for that, you’d need a squad the size of Chelsea’s, which is un-workable. 

A season with no season derailing incidents, like 18/19, 19/20 or 21/22, is what I’m referring to. 

But we are in a situation where our rivals manage but we fall apart at a few injuries. If it's cheating,which it obviously is,then our owners should be protesting from the rooftops rather than looking at their portfolio in Boston.

16 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

But we are in a situation where our rivals manage but we fall apart at a few injuries. If it's cheating,which it obviously is,then our owners should be protesting from the rooftops rather than looking at their portfolio in Boston.

It’s nothing to do with FSG or Boston. It’s fundamental on the pitch stuff. 

I bet City would seriously struggle if Dias, Stones and Ake all got season ending injuries and Rodri was in and out with fitness issues.

I bet they’d struggle if Walker, Dias, Stones, Rodri and De Bruyne all suffered the significant loss of form our players did last season and then Gundogan, Grealish and Foden all got injured. 

When our squad isn’t decimated for whatever reason, we’ve had great seasons. Avoid another catastrophic series of events and I’m sure we’ll be Ok. 

Blue mancs are losing quite a few key players, possibly the right time for them to do so as their squad is getting older, but whichever way you look at it they are undergoing a major transition phase. I also think after last season the remaining players might lose a little bit of their hunger. 

Arsenal over achieved last season, they got a few decent results early on and got a bit of a lead tye the buzz and momentum carried them most of the way, once they hit a few hurdles they went to shit though, I reckon they'll drop points early on and revert to type. 

Newcastle will drop off, they massively over achieved and now they have European football to manage too. 

Red mancs are a bunch of gimps, they can get fucked. 

Chelsea have got a decent manager now so will start their turn around, will be a decent job if they can get top 4. 

We ended the season strongly, so I'm expecting us to kick on from there, we're undergoing a transition ourselves and we've got some players in last season that will have had a period of adjustment and a pre season so will probably be even better next season, and we've added a couple more that are a major improvement on the ones who brought absolutely nothing to the table last season. 

I think this will be a good season for us

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

It’s nothing to do with FSG or Boston. It’s fundamental on the pitch stuff. 

I bet City would seriously struggle if Dias, Stones and Ake all got season ending injuries and Rodri was in and out with fitness issues.

I bet they’d struggle if Walker, Dias, Stones, Rodri and De Bruyne all suffered the significant loss of form our players did last season and then Gundogan, Grealish and Foden all got injured. 

When our squad isn’t decimated for whatever reason, we’ve had great seasons. Avoid another catastrophic series of events and I’m sure we’ll be Ok. 

Largely agree but then we sort of ask for it with having such a lean squad/so many crocks at times and not having adequate or available cover.

The current centre half situation for example...it wouldn't take much in the way of injuries amongst 3 pretty injury prone players who make up our 4 senior centre halves for us to be in a bit of bother.