You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RBS

Royal Family

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this from the RBS this morning. Sorry if it's a bit small but I don't know how to enlarge the image.

rbsletter.jpg

Well done Mick (yet again).

I have yet to receive a response from Stephen Hester or Roger Lowry at RBS to my emails.

The Royal Bank of Scotland has a five-year turnaround plan, which involves reducing leverage and restoring profitability so hopefully they will pull the plug on Gillett and Hicks sooner rather than later.

Well done Mick (yet again).

I have yet to receive a response from Stephen Hester or Roger Lowry at RBS to my emails.

The Royal Bank of Scotland has a five-year turnaround plan, which involves reducing leverage and restoring profitability so hopefully they will pull the plug on Gillett and Hicks sooner rather than later.

Won't their profitability be impacted by "pulling the plug" and losing out on the 20+m a year we pay them? Their interest is in the 100m investment option. It reduces their leverage and continues a 15m+ revenue stream. They are not going to help us.

Won't their profitability be impacted by "pulling the plug" and losing out on the 20+m a year we pay them? Their interest is in the 100m investment option. It reduces their leverage and continues a 15m+ revenue stream. They are not going to help us.
Not the first time I've been told that.

letterfromhoward.jpg

why would rbs call in a debt that they are making tens of millions in interest payments on?

not going to happen. the club isn't like some 125% mortgage to someone who 100% overpaid on some shoebox flat and is now facing redundancy.

Can you blame RBS as a business? They are making out of the club, big time. Where does the interest go? Exactly. It is not their responsibility to run the club, it's not their fault. That's our fuckin shithouse cowboy owners. I fully back any protest against RBS to call the loan in, but they are not responsible for our mess.

As I have said before, they only react to bad publicity, hence why they stupidly gave them the extension

Like many people associated with the club i get a feeling RBS only tell the fans what they want to hear.

Whilst the debt is getting serviced then it means that RBS makes millions each year from interest.

A bank does not give two shits what the money is used for but purely that they recieve their interest money.

Im sick of the calls from my bank offering me a loan even though they know i can't afford it.

They know they are onto a winner because if i don't keep payments up then will just repossess the house, tough shit if im then homeless.

Bad publicity is the only way the RBS will react, you may as well throw all that's happened on the other thread Mick, let everybody know all the MP'S who have replied back to us and those who have written to the RBS, post the other letter off Howard as well.

May as well update people., and give the e-mail address out.

TBH Al the other letter from Howard just repeats what he said in the first letter. What good would posting a list of MP's names do ? This next refinance date is going to be very crucial. If RBS don't pull the plug on Cancer + Aids then I don't think they ever will.

Mick I wrote to the Sports Minister Gerry Sutcliffe and he sent me a letter back. He said basically the same shit you got told there and that the government cannot help us.

This part is mostly directed to Simon and his attempts with RBS:

A friend of a friend, who works at RBS and manages Notts County's debt said that the banks don't care about any supporters attempts and the future of the club is not of importance to them (contrary to what they tell us) as long as they get their money. They will re-finance the Americans time and time again despite every single one of their attempts to get investment fucking up. The only way to beat the Americans is to get enough money to convince RBS to pull the plug. That would mean SoS approaching investors to back them.

TBH Al the other letter from Howard just repeats what he said in the first letter. What good would posting a list of MP's names do ? This next refinance date is going to be very crucial. If RBS don't pull the plug on Cancer + Aids then I don't think they ever will.

There is a few things that interest me regards the refinance Mick.

What will RBS do if the owners fail to pay the £100m asked of them?

Will the bank take control of the club and potentially put us on -10 points next season?

Are the bank asking for £100m so the debt is down to £137m before then lending Hicks and Gillett a further £300m to build the stadium.

Is there anything stopping Hicks and Gillett lending £100m elsewhere at a far higher interest rate and putting it on the club?

I have heard many conficting reports of people saying that without Champions League football the owners are gone but then different people state that the Standard Chartered deal covers that.

Last summer we were led to believe that the owners needed to sell up yet they are still here amidst one of the worst financial markets for years.

People like Hicks and Gillett nearly always seem to have a trick up their sleeve and no doubt will play it again in the summer.

As ATK mentioned only direct action will get RBS to change their tune.

SoS should stand MP's in the general election for all Liverpool seats where Labour has a majority and write to the all members of the Cabinet, Local MP's and Labour's election campaign team highlighting our plight and insisting that something is done by the governement to influence the situation (which they can do via RBS, a state owned bank).

With a very close election likely the Labour party would not welcome this distraction and my may be willing to nudge a few influencial executives in RBS to resolve this issue.

As a minimum it would gain publicity, potentially help rally our support and get Cancer & Aids worried by government involvement. At £500 a seat it would be a missed opprtunity to promote our cause. (see link below).

UK Parliament - Who can stand as an MP?

There is a few things that interest me regards the refinance Mick.

What will RBS do if the owners fail to pay the £100m asked of them?

Will the bank take control of the club and potentially put us on -10 points next season?

Are the bank asking for £100m so the debt is down to £137m before then lending Hicks and Gillett a further £300m to build the stadium.

Is there anything stopping Hicks and Gillett lending £100m elsewhere at a far higher interest rate and putting it on the club?

I have heard many conficting reports of people saying that without Champions League football the owners are gone but then different people state that the Standard Chartered deal covers that.

Last summer we were led to believe that the owners needed to sell up yet they are still here amidst one of the worst financial markets for years.

People like Hicks and Gillett nearly always seem to have a trick up their sleeve and no doubt will play it again in the summer.

It would seem a bid odd if RBS were asking for £100m before lending them £300m. Why not just lend the the difference of £200m ?

I would gladly take a ten point hit next season if it meant RBS pulling the plug on C+A. I refuse to believe that there is nobody out their who'd buy us back from the bank if they repossessed.

I honestly think there are no lengths they will go to in order to keep hold of the club. They will borrow the money from who ever is willing to lend it and at any terms.

Atk, like I said in my post, SoS will need to change if they are to contest the RBS loan. If they have assurances they will get their money then they will listen to us. I like the idea of SoS members standing for election. I have emailed and I have even met my local MP and spoke to him about the RBS loan. We need to fight them at their own game.

rbs can't do anything, for one they are making money from the club at a time when they need it most and contrary to what you may think the public backlash of rbs pulling the plug is not something mr hester wants to be a part of when all he needs is another 30p on the share price for his £10 million farewell.

Atk, like I said in my post, SoS will need to change if they are to contest the RBS loan. If they have assurances they will get their money then they will listen to us. I like the idea of SoS members standing for election. I have emailed and I have even met my local MP and spoke to him about the RBS loan. We need to fight them at their own game.

MP's are full of shite and tell you what you want to hear unless you absolutely kick them where it hurts - nothing more worrying than losing your job it may actually kick them into gear and get this beyond talking a good game..

I would say the best billboard you could stick up is "boycott the rbs,there destroying Liverpool FC"

You wont get a reaction from them unless you attack them.

SOS need to do this,because nobody else is interested. But I dont think they will.

Totally agree. How much does a billboard cost?

The running candidates in the election has to be the next stepin this battle, people just are'nt getting the message or they just dont give a fuck, the billboard campaign against the RBS is another must, Mick and Alan fair play to you both for all the work your doing, your right people need to get off there arse and start acting.

Its so fuckin annoying when you see the likes of Aldridge Johnson and Dalgish standing by watching our club been ruined, and more annoying some fans thinking Kenny must know what he's doing, we've got to keep up the pressure, but i like many are fuckin clueless to what happens when not if when, the cunts fail to raise the £100m.

MP's are full of shite and tell you what you want to hear unless you absolutely kick them where it hurts - nothing more worrying than losing your job it may actually kick them into gear and get this beyond talking a good game..

To be fair though, the MP did get me in contact with the Sports Minister.

I would say the best billboard you could stick up is "boycott the rbs,there destroying Liverpool FC"

You wont get a reaction from them unless you attack them.

SOS need to do this,because nobody else is interested. But I dont think they will.

Yes but couldn't they then accuse SoS of slander which could in turn give SoS a bad reputation? I do agree though that it is a good idea but we need to step it up. I read in an article that SoS had the perfect chance after the Tom Hicks jnr. fiasco to act but they didn't and I do agree with that. They need to follow up the billboard campaign with something. I've been thinking of a few things but some have already been said.

However, I read on here in a different thread about Gary Mac and Didi speaking out yesterday and SoS getting more support in Ireland. Have SoS approached Didi or Gary for help?

However, I read on here in a different thread about Gary Mac and Didi speaking out yesterday and SoS getting more support in Ireland. Have SoS approached Didi or Gary for help?

Mate they all say alot at these legends night, aldo is always mouthing off in the Irish press but when he was asked by SOS to join in the protest at the Bolton game his response "Next time lads", whatever him Dalgish Hansen Kennedy and the rest may say when it comes down to it

THEY DONT GIVE A FUCK

It would seem a bid odd if RBS were asking for £100m before lending them £300m. Why not just lend the the difference of £200m ?

It's all about the leverage thing StevieH mentioned. In addition to the 100m Purslow is going after an investor who has enough space on his credit card to provide the guarantees for the stadium loan.

I would gladly take a ten point hit next season if it meant RBS pulling the plug on C+A. I refuse to believe that there is nobody out their who'd buy us back from the bank if they repossessed.

If RBS pull the plug on their loan the yanks will just go elsewhere for the money. It'll cost them more' date=' but it'll cost less than refusing to pay RBS. RBS technically can't repossess us anyway, the debt is secured on personal guarantees not the club. RBS have nothing to gain by forcing a sale. They are not part of an anti-yank solution. They are part of the problem.

This is purely a numbers game for them with probably a 150m+ upside over the life of the financing (4.5 year debt+15 year stadium) if they are able to support the yanks and their business plan. Getting them out is as likely to end up with the new owners bringing their own investment bankers to the table and paying all that lovely money to them instead.

I honestly think there are no lengths they will go to in order to keep hold of the club. They will borrow the money from who ever is willing to lend it and at any terms.

The only way to get rid IMO is to pay them the premium that they want.

RBS CAN repossess us - the biggest personal guarantee those two creatures have left (indeed the ONLY one of any note now after selling all the rest in a desperate attempt to keep us) is US; Also, do you REALLY think Purslow is anything other than there on behalf of RBS to facilitate a sale after speaking out against the owners and KEEPING his job? Also - their are limits they WON'T go to Piscinin - Hicks Jr being driven out after conflict with fans - Gillette constantly wanting out and even HICKS supposedly recently wondering why he bothered with LFC showed that prolonged confrontation with LFC's militant fanbase is NOT what they want or will continue with indefinitely. They have weaknesses like ALL humans - limits they WON'T go beyond - we just need to find them - that's all.

I do agree however that anti-RBS posters, action via MP's and the mass withdrawal of custom from them by LFC fans WILL force their hand even faster than by waiting for July (when it is clearly obvious that THIS time they WILL go one way or another); We could also FORCE the twin horrors out quicker by attacking them in their homeland with a poster campaign like the one around Liverpool in their home towns, attacks on them through the US media (as we once did to Steve Cohen and look how well THAT worked!!). They will go soon, they'll HAVE to go as they've literally run out of money just about to hold on to us whatever 'tricks' they may have up their sleeve - they Can't disguise THAT fact anymore; THAT tipping point is what our potential future owners are waiting for - they're Waiting for the banks to foreclose on their ownership and FORCE our sale at a knockdown price. We could speed up the arrival of said point by pressurising RBS and the twin terrors a bit more so they realise it's in their interests to get the whole thing done as soon as possible.

RBS may be making a lot of money from their association with us but they've been careful thus far (and will continue to be) to treat us with kid gloves as the very LAST thing they want is the worldwide LFC fanbase blowing up in their faces big time - think of the bad publicity and the damage THAT would do to them and their business -that's why a little pressure in the right places WILL force their hands. Either way, it's clear to even a blind person that Hicks and Gillette really ARE on their last legs with the bank debt on one side, an angry fanbase on another and NO sign of the credit crisis easing enough to help their ownership behind their backs - they're between a Rock and a Hard Place. They're almost out now as we'll find out soon enough......................