You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If, like me, you've found this hard to get into, then you may want to give this a buzz.

Someone over on TheDugout.net has created a World Super League setup based on club reputations.

The database follows the English league structure and comprises of 12 leagues, each league has teams grouped by reputation.

There is no set transfer window, so you're free to buy and sell whenever you like.

I may give it a whirl at some stage over the coming days to see what it's like. It may also solve issues with the potential network game with the clubs grouped as they are.

For full details, take a look here, World Super League Database.

Does that database compete in the CL, UEFA Cup, and the likes?

Details from the link I posted:

Information:

* There are 10 playable tiers. That's 226 teams to choose from.

* You have a national cup to play.

* A league cup.

* A lower league cup.

* A supercup. (for the national cup winners and Premier winners)

* Each league has been ordered by team reputation in the editor.

* Competitions have their reputation individually set. The Premier is 20, then 19, 18, etc.

* The Champions League and other European and World competitions have had their reputations reduced.

* International competitions are exactly the same.

* Finances, facilities and staff are exactly the same.

* There is no reserve or under 18 leagues. This was done (somewhat) deliberately. For youth players to progress, they'll have to loaned out or played.

* There are no player restrictions.

* 4 teams are relegated and promoted from each division. 3 automatic places and a playoff.

* In the 10th tier, no side is relegated. They just finished last.

* There is NO transfer window.

I bought a laptop mainly to play this game and it failed the spec test! Everything passed apart from the processor which is an intel celeron 900, the demo worked fine though so I bought it anyway and installed it today and it has worked fine so far. I've decided to try and bring the glory days back to Notts Forest! With the aim of getting Liverpool job in a few years.

I purchased a laptop a few weeks ago mainly to play this game and it failed the spec test!! Everything passed apart from the processor which is an Intel Celeron 900 but the demo worked fine so I got fm 2010 anyway and installed it today. So far it has worked fine.

I decided to go Notts Forest and try and bring them back to their glory days with the hope of getting the Liverpool job a few years down the line.

• 4 weeks later...
Do I have to download all the patches or can I download the most recent one?

Only the most recent one.

Currently 1-0 up in the European Cup semi final against Madrid after 6 minutes, they beat us 2-1 in the first leg at the Bernabaeu. Dirk Kuyt is an absolute hero.

We better fucking hang on....

Only the most recent one.

Currently 1-0 up in the European Cup semi final against Madrid after 6 minutes, they beat us 2-1 in the first leg at the Bernabaeu. Dirk Kuyt is an absolute hero.

We better fucking hang on....

Went and beat them 4-2, 5-4 on aggregate.

Fuck you Ronaldo, fuck you.

My Barcelona team have a terrible phobia in cup finals. 3 copa del rey finals and 2 champions league finals and I havent won one. I battered Inter 2years in a row but Pique cost me in both finals in extra time. In my most recent Copa Del Rey final vs Madrid I battered them for 90 minutes couldnt score. Got beaten on penos. Cunts.

I've still not given it a go, Al. Pure madness. If I do get in to it though, there goes my life!

MW2 takes up all my online gaming time now when at home, but when I've had a go at FM10 at work when it's quiet, I just can't get into it at all. Perhaps the reason behind this is the decline in the series over the past years and this version was the straw that finally broke the camels back.

As I've said before, the seeming emphasis of SI to make the game look better, rather than concentrating on the longevity of gameplay, has really ground my gears. The same old bugs being found in games year on year certainly doesn't help either, and it takes them forever to release patches, and even then, some known bugs remain.

Another aspect that has put me off this version is that some of the research teams appear to have been very lazy to me, and just used the stats from 09 to cover this version. I understand and appreciate that this process is very time consuming for the individuals, and the effort they have put in over the years, this one included, should never be overlooked, but perhaps SI need to develop better methods for collating statistical data, how this would be achieved, I have no idea.

I've got into this version. Started out at Crewe then got offered the Coventry job and have taken them to the title. I've been in the frame for bigger jobs but not got them - maybe because I idly let the assistant do some tasks.

As usual it's just abut getting a good tactic and the youth gems.

The inability to do grab those whose contracts are running out until the last month is a pisser, and the amount of ruled out goals is ridiculous.